Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Also, I am PMSing, so I kinda want a night round soon. My hormones are making me too irritable for logical debate. >_<
  • Llok's vote is on Kaeus. But, we don't have enough votes. Even if we convinced everyone paying attention to switch their votes, we need other people to come give one. Poke list potentially incomplete or wrong, I just woke up.

The incessant "Things aren't clear, everyone's arguing, I'm just gonna be quiet!" stuff is getting aggravating. The game really isn't that complex, it's just more about reading through what people say than I feel some other Mafia variations are. At the same time, we can't wait for a Biden-level gaff where someone goes "Oh, we Indorani didn't do that! Oops, teehee." You people are going to have to start contributing.

For example, look at Kaeus. Quiet, says as much that he'll be quiet for the remainder. He's made more posts since Moirean pointed the finger at him than he has the rest of the game. On one hand, of course he's going to defend himself. On the other, he has created a trap for himself where being active now makes it seem like he's only going to talk when his life is on the line, which is scummy behavior. If the quiet folks don't want this happening to them, I would recommend more contributions than the I-don't-get-it or I'm-just-going-to-watch blather.

As a lynch target, look at Kaeus. My own problem switching my vote has been that I really feel strongly that Mesk is guilty, given her tendency to do the absolute minimum and getting away with squicky defenses before the focus is shifted by other means. Voting for Kaeus puts Moirean's analysis to the test, and the spotlight shown on him has only made him seem more guilty to me. Even if he isn't, this is me stating that Rellyw being quiet allows baddies to pretend to be 'just another silent citizen' more easily and that those Rellyw are aiding and abetting. 

Unvote Meskhenet
    Vote Kaeus

Minarael
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    So, you are trying to say.....

This is Kaeus..... 
    Vharen
  • Mafia is a game of patterns. It is not a game of over-analyzing. Sometimes people are quiet because they have nothing to say. Other times they're quiet to avoid attracting attention. The way to figure this out is to not have pages and pages of dialogue, it is to observe how people vote, who they defend, and at which points they interject - you don't talk, dissect posts, then talk some more. Sometimes, it's best to just act. Especially in these first rounds, and especially with such spot-on coordination with the targets getting jailed. Now is the time for action. I'm not going to outline what I look for when I play, because I don't see any reason to give anyone a way to try to 'play' my system. I'm just watching.

In the interest of continuing the game, however,
    Vote: Kaeus

Nothing personal, but you did only get poked into talking when someone dragged your name up. Did I do the same this time? Certainly. My last few posts weren't as a result of someone mentioning me, though.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

(I laughed :( )

Moirean
  • Been a long couple of days of school work, and I just caught up. I essentially agree with the points that have been made against Kaeus. My apologies for not being able to add anything new or substantial to the discussion. 

VOTE: Kaeus

• Alright, well screw it then. No point going over anything now at this point. Toodledoo!
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    UNVOTE:  Ilyon

VOTE: Kaeus
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Going to trust the Girl who lived and

• The points raised do make sense.

• If anything, the attitude Kaeus has pushed my vote.

• I think we are at 11 votes for Kaeus. Does anyone know how many are needed for a lynch?
    imageimage
  • The attitude comes from the fact that the vote was started because I wasn't participating, I post that I am starting to re-read some more so that I can better participate and then the votes keep coming saying I'm not advancing the game. At that point, why should I have a good attitude?
    AryanneAarbrok
  • Alright. Allow me to count up votes. I'll post day results shortly.

i am rapture coder
    Again, I want to emphasize that I didn't have a bead or inside info on Kaeus. At best, there is a 20% chance he's guilty. People acting like I have some brilliant logic about his guilt are potentially suspicious for future rounds, if he is innocent, as I never once actually said he was guilty, just inactive and in the pool of potential Indorani.
    Aryanne
  • edited August 2013
    Ilyon (1): Kaeus
    Meskhenet (1): Llok
    Macavity (1): Aarbrok
    Kaeus (11): Moirean, Ilyon, Demarcus, Minarael, Vharen, Toz, Xenia, Macavity, Damonicus, Jasline, Meskhenet
    Teani (1): Aryanne

---

"I don't got to participate if I don't want to!" Kaeus yelled defiantly as a couple of burly Syssin grabbed him and threw him against one of the pillars. You see hooded Ankyreans on the balcony above, observing the spectacle with no small amount of amusement, and Pedantic Pete points out, amid the developing throng: "It's 'have', not 'got'."

No one listens, however, as a rope is thrown up, ringed around one of the protrusions, and cinched tight around Kaeus' throat.

"To the Pit with your civic duty! I just want to go back to farming! Farming was simple! Farming was easy! Farming didn't lynch yo--"

Kaeus' eyes bug out as he's hauled upward, flailing and screaming. After dancing a particularly lengthy rope flamenco, he goes still.

"Don't Ankyreans' tongues loll out like that?"

"Naaaaaaaah."

"What about Indorani?"

"No, Indorani got forked tongues."

"You mean 'have'."

"Shut up, Pete."

Kaeus has been lynched. He was a Rellyw.

It is now Round Eight - Night.

i am rapture coder
    Aryanne
  • Eh, I can't get behind on this train. I just really don't see any suspect about Kaeus' behaviour or posts, really.
    With any luck, he/she/it isn't a baddie and my unicorns isn't about to get bit by defending him, but I just think you're all making a mistake that's about to lose us another rellyw.

I realize we have to kill -someone-, and at this point I don't know if we'll have a chance to really start a successful push toward anyone else, so I understand why people are keeping with it, but I still think it's a mistake.

• ..... And now I look like an idiot for not refreshing before I comment
    /fail

If the Syssin could please investigate Ilyon and Minarael in that order and report back, that would be great!  

If I get killed over night then I would suggest one of them or both are Indorani!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• That would be a pretty silly action if either of us -were- indorani. 

Killing a person speaking out against against you is a pretty instant way to draw attention. I would hope I'd be slightly more subtle than that, jeez. 

I'm tired of being swayed away from people I feel strongly -are- baddies only to vote for rellyw on trains started by people like Moirean. -.- This is starting to become ridiculous.
    imageimage
    Umm, like who instead? Yes, Kaeus was kind of a shot in the dark, but he wasn't completely random. As I said, he was not participating and at least our trains at this point have a bit more logic to them, which means we have a higher chance of hitting Indorani AND we have more to work with to analyze voting patterns.
    @Minarael if you are innocent then you have nothing to worry about.  The warden will know who is investigated, lets see how the chips fall
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• @Macavity - Of course, I just mean your logic for 'if I die' is sort of silly. 

@Moirean - I have my own list based on my observations of who I suspect. I keep getting dragged away from that list to vote for other people. Those people keep turning out to be townies. :| Just getting frustrated.

imageimage
    Your list has hunches. My list has investigations and night actions. Yes, Kaeus was a blank, but I still think my rationale behind the train was sound.
  • Eh. My list has intelligent guesses based on patterns of behavior. Your list has whatever you say it has, but from my perspective it's just following your possibly useful word vs someone else's less useful word. I'm still more inclined to trust my judgment than anyone else's. Especially since the people I keep switching for continue to be townies. I'm done switching. I'm going down my list from this point forward.
    imageimage
  • None of the rest of us should be willing to though. You've got a chance of being scum, and thus any reasoning you bring is suspect - Moirean is more or less confirmed as a safe leader, and thus not suspect. Not to nearly the same degree. Running helter-skelter helps no one but the scum.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• No votes (not no lynch votes, purely no votes)

Day 1:
    Meskhenet, Aryanne, Piper, Esper, [(Kaeus)], [(Desian)]

Day 2: 
    Alexina, Toz/Sarita, Macavity, [Periluna], Xenia, [(Daskalos)], [(Aren)], Aarbrok, Aryanne, [(Kaeus)], [(Desian)]

Day 3:
    Aldric, Alexina, Macavity, [Periluna]

Day 4:
    [(Kaeus)], Aarbrok, Haern, Esper, Piper, Aldric, Alexina, [Periluna]

[] - Confirmed Townie
    () - Dead.

Periluna stopped voting once she was confirmed as a townie.
    Alexina hasn't voted at all except for the first round, or talked. 

Confirmed Townies presently include Moirean and Periluna. No others, though I feel pretty confident Vharen and Demarcus are also townies. Obviously, myself.

Based on voting patterns and general behavior, I think Macavity and Meskhenet are highly suspect.  I've already explained my logic for both Macavity. I'm not sure how thoroughly I explained Meskhenet. She's active and present but tries very hard to fly under the radar. She doesn't really speak up a great deal to defend herself if called out on. She's been pegged in nearly every round but attention has diverted from her. 

I feel like I'm probably going to be lynched soon, cuz mouthy wenches are always gettin' strung up. But! I think those two (Macavity and Meskhenet) are scum. Strongly. Everyone else I am less confident about. 

imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I find inaccuracies in your ledger, but perhaps you just were not looking at detail Minarael, as I voted every day, just not with the bandwagoning that has been killing off people wrongly.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    If I appear to be losing interest and a slowing down of posts... yes and no. No because work is pissing me off so I want to run around punching things, and yes because as it was previously stated it is the same handful of people playing Wheel Of Misfortune and I don't even have Vanna White to look at. I guess I'll just have to 'Deal with it' as everyone's signatures seem to indicate. He he he.

My little notepad that is now a really big notepad document has oodles of observations, hunches, etc. Unfortunately, when people don't talk or don't post, or when they do it has very little to go on, it is hard to construct any sort of a model to go off of. It's the same reason if I'm trying to experimentally determine the weight of an electron using the Millikan Oil Drop experiment, I'm not going to go with two data points and call it good. I absolutely stand by the reasoning that if folks aren't posting anything of substance, they're not contributing anything in the form of analysis or data. So, they're dead weight or scum. I seem to learn something new about the rules every round, and I just adjust my crappy model to account for the new realizations. If you're lost, start reading/skimming/reading summaries, whatever you have time for. It should be fun to read through posts and try and figure things out. Do your best to make it work, simply not trying is a lame option.

That's all I'm going to say on that.
    MoireanMinaraelJasline
  • It's -very- possible I missed things. There's a crapton of stuff to go through. You aren't really on my radar for not participating or for weird voting habits, though, Aarbrok. 
    imageimage