Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited December 2012
    There's going to be. Duiran CL is about to start earning a 100cr yearly salary til I can get people filling roles. 

Now that I think about it, though, there is -some- reward already. When events happen, many of them tend to give GMs or CLs the spotlight. So, there's that.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    IosyneHaven
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    My most fulfilling reward for being CL was interacting with Daskalos.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Wtb portable spot light and also small stool for Dain to stand on, so that he's not always stuck at lower-back level during events. Settling for a strapping lad - or lass - who will consent to letting him sit on his - or her - shoulders.

Really though, I'm actually having fun with CL. Of course, I don't know how long that'll last. There's a lot of paperwork to be done, and I play aetolia to bash, so I'm almost positive that once the luster wears thin, I'm going to turn out like the Riddler at the end of Batman Forever.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Arbre said:
    My most fulfilling reward for being CL was interacting with Daskalos.

The sarcasm is dripping here, Arbre. :\

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Valenae
  • CL should get some kind of reward from the admin, especially those that do a good job or are more than placeholders. Say every month you stay as a CL with a high approval rating you get some kind of bonus. That way all the grieving and whining you hear on a daily basis at least has some kind of benefit.

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I think starring roles in the overall story arc of Aetolia is enough of a reward. I consider Admin tossing in their own mini-events within cities to be an added bonus. However, there needs to be a more meaningful city versus city conflict system in place so that the progress of the story isn't 24/7 in the hands of the divine as it currently is. Plus it'll give players/CL more of a reason to be prideful.

"Under my reign as Keeper, I have managed to spread Undeath right to the gates of Enorian for 20 years!"
    "Under my guidance as Vanguard, I have never allowed Undeath to reach the Putoran! We shall spread the Light to the very caverns of Bloodloch. I swear it!"

That's what's missing really. You get your city efficiently running and then what? There's currently no way to spread your city's flag/ideal/whatever you wanna call it. In any case, we just have to be patient. The Admin are working on something.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Angwe
  • edited December 2012
    People who I've never even met before killing mounts.

Dudes, don't try to make this into MKO or Imperian. Aetolia deserves better than your lame griefing. 

Gonna throw out some love for winning my first duel though. It was fun. 
    Angwe
  • What's CL?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Cityleader. Feral Will, in this case.
  • Leaders get more AND higher quality poon than any other role. How in the world is this not reward enough?
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I can confirm this.
    Shit, I knew I'd regret stepping down.
    Having a great team of secretaries... and them all flaking out on me.
  • Hadoryu said:
    Leaders get more AND higher quality poon than any other role. How in the world is this not reward enough?
    I dunno brah. All poon aint good poon. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    I'm going to keep raging while y'all talk about poon.

When I play Arbre for a long time, especially if I do such by myself so I'm not talking to anyone, I stop using contractions IRL.  I have a mild hick accent, so I sound retarded when I speak like her.

• Arbre said:
    I'm going to keep raging while y'all talk about poon.

When I play Arbre for a long time, especially if I do such by myself so I'm not talking to anyone, I stop using contractions IRL.  I have a mild hick accent, so I sound retarded when I speak like her.
    FTFY

(<3bre)

Haven
    : <
    Am I the only one who rages at this game?  Or am I just the only one who says it here?

I looped the shit out of my system so badly that I had to close mudbot and zmud, so I can't see what the messages were firing to fix it.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Can't rage when I can't play.

Foreveralone.jpg
    Arbre said:
    Am I the only one who rages at this game?  Or am I just the only one who says it here?

I looped the shit out of my system so badly that I had to close mudbot and zmud, so I can't see what the messages were firing to fix it.
    Unfortunately, I haven't really been playing beyond idlebearding as of late so I don't have any complaints. Plus the game has been pretty awesome lately  from the outside looking in (reminder to Vote for Aetolia).
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Same. Too busy over the holidays to play much!
    A glass of neverending eggnog contains nothing that is drinkable.
    I think that's a sign you need to put the drink down.
    havenbanner2
    This sucks. It's been like five weeks I've been offline. Nothing makes sense anymore. Is Angwe going to expire since I never bought credz on him? Could an admin 'stir' him or something?
    I think deletion warning comes when you're 2 months absent.
    havenbanner2
    Get the phone application and log in then log back out.  It's all you need to keep him active.
    Haven
  • Was sitting around, doing some peaceful rp, talking about Divines, when I was suddenly attacked. Managed to get away to safety and the following occured.

[spoiler]You tell XXX, "What the pit was that about?"

<Wait, wait, wait>

You tell XXX, "Well?"

XXX tells you, "You were just standing there, why not make use of the advantage?"

You tell XXX, "Really? That's the best you can come up with?"

XXX tells you, "I have my reasons, all pretty valid."

You tell XXX, "Then tell me so that we can sort it?"

XXX tells you, "Only your death can sort this out, sorry."

XXX tells you, "I am done talking with you." (Classical Lochian response)

You tell XXX, "I would like to know why."

XXX tells you, "Please, don't play stupid. Your "Oh why are you attacking me" act won't work on me."

Whom do you wish to tell?

You sent the following message to XXX:
    I haven't done a damned thing to aggrevate you for... years! What the pit, woman!! So yes, I want a damned reason! [/spoiler]

I get no response, so I run off to NoT, send a message that I am waiting get killed. When coming out of the Cave, I see the following.

XXX has claimed the bounty on your head posted within the City of Bloodloch.

Really, how hard would it have been to just say: "I plan to claim your bounty that has been laying around for ages." I am not saying that I plan to issue or something like that, but in HELP ISSUE you can read:

An issue is a last resort: try IC resolution first.

It's not easy when the response is the one I was given, which sadly happens all too often. Learn to communicate! Argh..

AngweLin
    A quick trip through the old forums hammered home for me just how unoriginal Angwe's introductory 'backstory' is. I feel like a hack :(.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, bounties should probably automatically expire after a length a of time. I've had a bounty to Spinesreach for like... 6 months now. You're never going to claim it since I don't really play as much as I used to any longer.
    KonnornDaskalos
  • edited January 2013
    No fighting...WHY not fighting!! Someone needs to throw a punch out or something :(.

Also Daskalos' signature clip makes me want to throttle him :<

Edit: Stop grinning!
This discussion has been closed.