Mudlet System For Sale: Tripwire

Comments

• Etrigan said:

Irruel said:
    @chelsea

1. I'm using it, at least for now. I have citadel but as it no longer works in crossover/wine and I do not have windows at the moment, I had to look for something else.

You can run Mudlet natively in Linux. This is how most Mudlet developers use it.

I can help you do this if you want. What distribution are you running? Ask me in a PM to not go off-topic in this thread.
    I think you misunderstood me.
    1. I'm using tripwire BECAUSE Mudlet is crossplatform (while citadel is not)
    2. I'm using osx. I used to use citadel, running in crossover, but this no longer works

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Kaeus  I do not see any windows that shows information for the Golem.  Any plans to expand into something like that??  and to use that same box for information specific to the class in general, or are you going to leave that up to someone else to code in?  And if something like that is coded in how will it remain if updates are being pushed out by you?  Would it not just override that code?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • The status bar down the bottom (target, mode, status, queue) can be added to. I've been using it to display some class specific offensive stuff, such as my shaman energy level, which I find difficult to pick out of the prompt in all the spam and colour of combat.

I also made the bottom border twice as high and have a few labels and cooldown timers in it.

I was thinking about placing stuff over the map display when pvp mode is on but as one of the classes I am playing is sentinel, I kind of want to keep my map there.

Depending on your screen size and res, there might also be a bit of space to the left of the mapper, and right of the text in the main window, for a miniconsole with golem info? If need be you could probably set word wrap back to 80 (its 100) to create room there.
  • @Macavity I actually do have some golem tracking that displays health inline on prompt. The interface itself (for now) doesn't morph much based on class, other than the status bar to display some specific information. It is fairly easy to make additions to the system and put it to load after my system, so that the changes always override or modify what I've already done worst case. Best case, I can easily integrate it into the baseline so it remains maintained if someone has something nifty.
    @kaeus the healing aspect of this system, does it heal for all or do you leave certain things out depending on which side (Lifer/Undead) you are on at the time??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    So far I am very very happy with Tripwire, I have had it for two days now.  The interface is very user friendly and there is good references if you ever get confused (IE someone like me who doesnt know how to code)

Kaeus has made it really easy to understand parts of it, and if all else, I know there are other users out there.
    Good solid system though.
  • @Macavity There is really only one affliction that differs from Living/Undead (Asthma/Limpveins), but yet the system changes how you cure those two based on your status.
    @kaues yes that is true, but I guess I was not clear...sorry.  What I mean for things like the fetish that if you eat the same slice twice in a row it will activate.  Or any other set ups for instant kills from classes, does it track that and/or determines what class you are fighting and then prioritizes based on the class.  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• @macavity Currently, I am working on some more dynamic curing features that will adjust based on class. As it is right now, the priorities are set up to handle a wide range, but I have the curing setup so that I can start to build in certain situations versus different classes. 
    @kaeus do you have a trial to test it out to see if it is something we wish to have before purchase??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

@kaeus also it shows on the website that you have enemy affliction tracking.....how far does that track?  Does it have every class attacks in with their own afflictions that happens or are you basing all the afflictions from affliction view system??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• @Macavity, there currently isn't really a trial as I don't have it locked down in a way that would let me give out trials. I do have affliction tracking that has a great deal of first/third person class attacks. You cannot base enemy affs from affliction view. I do hope to expand this system once the Combat Messages system is fleshed out more to remove the TONS of triggers I have currently to do enemy affliction tracking.
    Sorry for all the questions, trying to determine how much work I would have to put into the system and if I want to go down that route.  A few more questions if you would..

• Does the system track enemy parry?
    • what are the pvp modes?  Or can that be determined by the user
    • does the system come with any quest folders, I have noticed in other past systems of yours they had them in there as well I believe you use a QA alais?
    • What does the Charges: 0 - 0 in your pic on your index page?
    • Can you post a pic of you in battle so we can see the other parts of the system working and how it looks?
    • for the Defs do you have them divided out for PvP vs non-PvP so that they do not def up till you decide to go into combat?  If not, how would one go about doing that within your system since (and I assume here) the defs are all in your system folder?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Yes
    • PvP Modes are completely set by your own combat logic
    • The system does not come with any quest stuff at the moment
    • The Charges: 0 - 0 is for tracking bladefire as a Templar (only visible in class)
    • Don't currently have great internet until the weekend
    • Defs are not PvP vs non-PvP, but most defs are set up so that the ones that drain you are only manually activated
    @kaeus  for the enemy affliction tracking, is this only tracking one target at a time or is it doing multiple targets for team fighting?

for example there is a 5v5 within the same room, 4 people are attacking 1 person, while 1 person is attacking a different target.  Once the target I am focused on is dead I switch to another target that happens to be that same target that was being attacked outside the group.  Then on enemy afflictions it pops up all the afflictions they currently have.

Also for a second example area wide afflictions hitting others in the room and not just the main target, and tracking their curing of said afflictions?!?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• You can't track cures you can't see. Afflictions are also only tracked on your current target. Honestly, I've never seen a need to do otherwise.
    the reason I was thinking was, if you had more than one person in the room getting hit, and it happens to build up to an instant kill you have, you could then on the next bal/eq throw the instant kill and kill that person then continue on your current tar
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Macavity said:
    the reason I was thinking was, if you had more than one person in the room getting hit, and it happens to build up to an instant kill you have, you could then on the next bal/eq throw the instant kill and kill that person then continue on your current tar

when it comes to group combat most people (unless they do not listen) attack the same person, the 'other person getting hit' will more then likely be your team mate..

Seems too much coding / headache to code since the system is for undead and lifers...

where's the sense of adventure and just seeing if you can code it?!?  heh  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• There is no difficulty coding it (would be a switch up to my enemy affliction function), but it would make the variables messy, and I normally clear the enemy affliction table when switching targets anyhow.
  • Kaeus said:
    There is no difficulty coding it (would be a switch up to my enemy affliction function), but it would make the variables messy, and I normally clear the enemy affliction table when switching targets anyhow.
    that is why :P, It'll be easy to code but when you clear the enemy affs, it'll all be cleared

there are still ways to stop that from happening in his system...heh

In any case I believe my question was answered 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited August 2013
    Tracking everyone is quite simple, with the following table structure:
    track[charname][affname][boolean]

Kaeus is right - you can only accurately track affs on the person you are attacking. You could set up complex web calls to track other people's attacks but meh. Who could be bothered with the effort to do it, and the spam of reading it all on the web channel?

That doesn't mean that having the framework in place isn't worthwhile. I can trigger some attacks made by third parties, just fine. Entanglements, proneness, certain lycan attacks, paralysis and a bunch of other quite important (in team fights) affs. That info can be handy to know, and make being an opportunist much easier.

Macavity
    Irruel said:
    Tracking everyone is quite simple, with the following table structure:
    track[charname][affname][boolean]

Kaeus is right - you can only accurately track affs on the person you are attacking. You could set up complex web calls to track other people's attacks but meh. Who could be bothered with the effort to do it, and the spam of reading it all on the web channel?

That doesn't mean that having the framework in place isn't worthwhile. I can trigger some attacks made by third parties, just fine. Entanglements, proneness, certain lycan attacks, paralysis and a bunch of other quite important (in team fights) affs. That info can be handy to know, and make being an opportunist much easier.

thank you!  someone understands my strange thoughts!  heh
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

@kaeus question about the mapper....do you provide special entraces information or is that left to the user completely??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• @Macavity I've started to maintain a list of ones that will get pushed in, but you also have the ability to add your own should I not have the ones you need.
    yeah I noticed you have the option to add out own as well, I am just thinking if I do get the system, I would hate to spend a long time running around to different places to add in the special exits that mudbot and my mapper already has.

also do you push out your own updates to these special exits and if so what happens to the users self made ones?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• My special exits are just defaults that get added into your local store. My updates wont erase and of your special exits.

You also have the option of completely disabling my mapper (via one setting swap) and using mudbot if you REALLY want to.
  • for a log of the system in combat from beginning to end http://www.logsty.com/logs/8mH8L I will post up some screenshots of the UI when in combat here when I get back from errands.
    imageimageimage
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Someone should just fraps an Aetolia fight already and post that instead of a screen shot. Not really relevant but ya.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.