Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Maybe they copied the Conscript power? Also maybe the appearing as rellyw only applies to direct investigation, not anonymous messages.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I thought the WildCard was not allowed to use their power till someone with a power died?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    ...they didn't. They posted the second anonymous message, the fake one from the warden.
  • They didn't use a power. Omei said the Warden "who sent it?" passive goes past it.

• @moirean so both conclaves target you or just the Dhasan of Science, cause I confuzzled.

Warden's (belated) notes just said it was science.
  • Well then now we can understand why the wildcard was setting you up. At least it is a learning lesson for the warden to be just a bit more specific.

oh no!  We cannot let this thread get down further on the main page!  So doing a bump!  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    *twiddle*

• edited August 2013
    A grisly sight meets you as you all awaken - there, right beside Desian's dangling corpse, hangs Aren, her ribcage spread wide and her guts swinging like ropes from her mutilated form. The smell is absolutely hideous. You also find that Macavity is missing, but a report is delivered from the Warden's office, indicating that he has been sent out on scouting duty.

Aren has been vivisected. She was a rellyw.

It is now Round Five - Day.

i am rapture coder
    my this little vacation is nice, thank you to Nature for sending me out!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• I assume we're waiting for the Warden report before we begin with the deliberatin'?

• S'what I'm waiting on.
    imageimage
    Warden says....:

- Yep, Indos got Aren
    - Nature got Macavity
    - Interestingly, science also investigated him.
  • I'd be more worried if two from one conclave targetted, Mac talked a lot round 3 so probably ended up in the same boat as you did in round 1 Moi. But, It has been a long day at work, and do not feel like typing up notes so I am going to call it a night and deal with this in the morning.

so whats going on??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Well, let's see Xon replaced Sarita so maybe we should give him a day round to catch up and talk, Desian was killed pretty much due to inactivity, giving us an active Conscript, so should we look at the other ones that are inactive or not really putting in info to the game? I have grocery shopping to do, plus get my car into the shop and tonight is Summerslam, so I will try to pop in enough to see what is oging on and post my notes from the past few rounds for everyone to see.

• and by Xon I meant Toz...

• Still waking up and woking on first cup of coffee, sorry!

• Huh. Well. It seems like a lot of people aren't using their night actions? Or were more of them passive than I realized, maybe.. Whatever way, it's rather interesting that the one person keeps getting targetted by multiple groups each night round. I'm sure it's just a coincidence of "who's the loudest", but still a really odd coincidence. Hrm...

I'm kinda surprised they went after Aren, since Aren tends to be quieter and therefore a target for suspicion finger-pointing. I guess I'll go back and see if she said anything especially interesting this time around!

• Permission to offer an opinion without getting lynched please.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Llok said:
    Permission to offer an opinion without getting lynched please.

Permission granted!
    Lin
  • Aryanne said:

I'm kinda surprised they went after Aren, since Aren tends to be quieter and therefore a target for suspicion finger-pointing. I guess I'll go back and see if she said anything especially interesting this time around!
    I may jump from point to point quite erratically. Soz.

That was true up until Desian was lynched.

Desian was not only innocent, he also held an important role. Any daylight lynch on a quiet person now holds substantially less backing and cast those instigating them in a highly negative light. This makes night time hits on quiet people much more sure of success. They tried killing Moirean who was fairly loud in instigating the novote. Moirean got protected for the same reason as she was targetted.

Aren quiet? Hit her, who will be watching her back after all.

Theorycrafting possibility:
    A few people have said to me they're having a hard time taking all the roles in.
    This would be especially true for vanilla Rellyw who have every other role to take in.
    A significant person (someone with a role) will have a far greater grip on their role due to
    A) They received a pm explaining their role to them. They have team mates with a grasp of their own role so can ask each other questions.
    B) They have fewer complicated enemies.
    C) They'll be far more invested in to the game.
    A non-significant person will not have received a starting pm and will only have the initial rules to go off. The following possibility exists for plain civs:
    A) Whenever I'm non role I simply could care less about the roles, I don't study them and go into the game dancing around and having fun.
    B) They try to study it but there's a lot to take in. Then the first day vote takes four pages. Eegads my head! Right let's read up and catch up... wtf 9 pages rly.
    C) They lose interest aka Desian or are simply not around.

For this game I believe a lot of the major parties are active, belonging to the conclaves and Indorani.
    I also believe this is why trains are harder to start. One conclave wants to knock off the other without losing a single person, as soon as they do that could spell game over for them.

Unlike Moirean I think we should have let the conclaves start killing sooner, rather than later. 3 days in and we're nowhere near anyone.

I'm going to Vote: Desian because
    A) We can't co exist :P (joke reason but rly.)
    B) He's been bandwagoning with no substance on serious trains.
    C) He's active but not participating in discussion with any attempt to make sense (Hey, at least I try! :D)
    D) I believe he belongs to a group though genuinely couldn't say which with any certainty.

But asides from myself, Minrael and Vharen I think he's the best target.

• Most of that probably doesn't make sense but it's late and I'm leveling up another LoL smurf. Bite me.
    AarbrokDemarcus
  • Why are we voting to lynch a dead man?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aryanne
  • Tired. Vote: Daskalos.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    If you lynch me, you'll be making a mistake. Believe me or not, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Offer a better person to vote and strong reasons. (Inb4 vote Llok :P )
  • A message is run in from the Warden's office, and given to Pedantic Pete for reading:

"Dasan of art," he says, somehow pronouncing every spelling and grammar error, "switzed Demarkus and Lock last nite. From the Warden."

i am rapture coder
  • I actually really agree with the post Llok made. That's pretty much my thoughts on how things are going. Especially since we keep seeing multiple groups targeting one loudish person. 

That's a pretty lame defense, Daskalos. 

However, that message is curious. Does it mean that it diverted from Demarcus to Llok, or the other way around? Not sure we can really do much with it either way. 
    imageimage