Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I also IDEA-ed this IG but uh..

Fix the ticks for the Incenses and Candles to be less spammy and noisy. Maybe less frequent over a longer span of time? It'd make it more fun to see people use candles if I can watch people emote before the candle's burnt out because it's crazily burning through all that wick and wax.
    KerrynJaslineHaydyn
  • I'd love to be able to set a "tick" timer within the design. Like nourishment for food. Even if it's a preset range that you choose from.
    imageimage
    Kerryn
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It would be great if guild referendums to be given rank options/accessible for all guild ranks, not just elections voting rules.

Also, if there were referendum style options.
     - default referendum, as is now
     - polls, where every vote is by person, not voteweight
     - priorities (where you can vote for multiple options, just mark which priority it is - IE 'referendum num vote 1 5' for most important (only get one), 'referendum vote 3 4' for second most important, and so on.
    CiarelleInfin
  • Allowing people to GIFT the wares from the ylem merchant that reset (Parxian gauntlet, whirring goggles, Glyph of the Eld'kathi) like we can do with artifacts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

ArekaHaydynArbreInfin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    An ally who command to go along with ally sense?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• It's not perfect, but you can colour allies/peers/enemies, so that they show up on the WHO list in your chosen colours.
    Draiman
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Cabalists don't use whether you have them allied or enemied to do different effects anymore, can we take off the balance used for unallying/unenemying?
    Infin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    Some shaman skills do different things, depending on if you have someone allied or not. Also, rites, vibes, gravehands, soulchains all run off enemy list. Removing the balance on that stuff would be far reaching and would need to be considered.
  • I hate that this is a thing. I want my free ally/enemy status back ;-;
    Well, unenemying is soft eq, so at least there is that. It does seem a bit backwards with the cabalist stuff gone that it still takes eq to unenemy but not enemy, so I could see a case for removing the eq to unenemy, although then you make it easier for force to be used to make mages unenemy for vibes and Lumines for rites (most of the other classes will be hit with it due to the soft eq). I think you can force an unenemy? If so, then yeah, that's really the main thing you'd have to consider with removing the cost.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Missari said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Cabalists don't use whether you have them allied or enemied to do different effects anymore, can we take off the balance used for unallying/unenemying?
    We actually have a sort of ghetto Lust that allows us to summon you in the area if you're allied.
    She's referring to how changeheart used to affect what afflictions you got via tweak (?).
    Missari
    Please let us use the DONATE command at the city comm shop. Right now, it only works at the quartermaster's office, which puts comms into the quartermaster stock - and keeping this publicly accessible means that anyone and their cousin can see sensitive resource information about comm stocks in your city (more of an issue when war system is turned on, yes, but still has applications for raiding). In addition to letting people use DONATE in a more convenient place, I'd also suggest that QM stocks are only visible via WARES if you are aided to trade or security. Two-pronged fix which makes life better.

• +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #392 ----------------------------+
    |  Entered by: Iosyne                              Date: 2013/08/15 02:25:33  |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

Guildmasters can now assign broadcast messages to their guild tutors,
    which will periodically fire a message to the guild channel
    approximately once per hour. To set this up, visit your guild tutor and
    PROBE it to view a list of syntaxes.

HELP ANNOUNCEMENTS has been added.

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

What about City Tutors??

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Unenemy can be forced, yeah. Someone tried to make it work for them just yesterday.
    I would love it if either just as a standard, or at least GMs, could see -everyone- logged into their guilds, regardless of planar/phaseshiftinglightform status. 
    DamonicusMoireanErzsebet
    Maybe only people with some type of position in the guild? Like novice aids, HoN, Secs, and gr3 and under. I like the idea of being able to drop off the radar completely, but I don't see why the GM couldn't always see people they need to see.

Arbre
  • But then how are we supposed to hide from responsibility?
    PiperEzalorInfin
  • Missari said:
    But then how are we supposed to hide from responsibility?
    How are we suppose to hide and work on stuff and not be bothered with silly stuff? When people are phased etc its mainly because heshe is upto something, coding, etc etc and dont wish to be bothered otherwise they'll make themself notice by saying hello...

PiperArbreCiarelle
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Azton said:
    Missari said:
    But then how are we supposed to hide from responsibility?
    How are we suppose to hide and work on stuff and not be bothered with silly stuff? When people are phased etc its mainly because heshe is upto something, coding, etc etc and dont wish to be bothered otherwise they'll make themself notice by saying hello...
    I thought the artifacts that hides you being seen was meant for all that?!?!  lol
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Doesn't hide you from gwho
    It's fine to want to zone out/dc, but it's difficult to gauge activity/actual time around, when you can't see people in GWHO, let alone people that hold leadership positions. Thus if at least for GM you could see if folk are on, just in a phased/off plane state, it would be helpful. 
    Erzsebet
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I wouldn't mind all force command skills to just be deleted altogether, tbh.
    MoireanAtrapoemaInfin
  • Ezalor said:
    Being forced to offer with the dagger IC item, really needs to go!!!

Erzsebet
    Ezalor said:
    No way. Force is one of the few really creative options left in combat. We should have more skills like these, not fewer.
    Rivas
    Eh, I feel like it's more gimmicky than creative. Emptying speed, drinking alcohol, eating those stupid berry things, mushrooming weapons/armor, etc. Those are the forces I've had used against me, and I feel like they are more grieftastic than creative. There's no defense against crap like that.

EzalorAtrapoemaErzsebet
    After posting that I remembered that selfishness stops you from emptying vials (I think), but my point still stands I think. The only creativity I have ever personally experienced were things I could not defend against or counter in any way that wasn't as retarded of a solution as using tackle against The Dourif Judge (c)

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I was given a think of Liquid Death and forced to drink it mid combat once and only realized it the next day when I was wondering why I had an extra flask in my inventory.
    edited August 2013
    So I remember when the vamp houses were being deleted and everyone was comparing houses via the TOPHOUSES command. Apparently that command takes into account more than just who is logged in, with stuff like PK and bashing and RP counting - is there any way this system can be expanded out and included into TOPGUILDS? 

TOPGUILDS
    -------------------
    Guild                      Novice Score      Member Score    Hunting        Combat       Social
    Candymancers                  5                          750               150               575                25
    Flowerknights                    3                          725               345                 75              278  
    Cuddlefex                         10                         715               110                 30              575  

GUILD ACTIVITY
    -------------------------
    Last month your guild was active in the following areas:
    Hunting: 110 - 15.5% of total activity
    Combat:   30 -  4.2% of total activity
    Social:    575 - 80.4% of total activity
    Exploration? Questing? There could be more categories here, breaking down what people do each day!

If you wanted to make that information public, it would make it more clear what guilds are focused on what things, so someone who wants to hang out with other fighters knows that the Candymancers have a pretty active PK culture, whereas someone who maybe wants to work at training other fighters can see that the Flowerknights are lacking in that department and there's a good opportunity for them to advance and help others learn. Someone into RP can see "Oh hey, those Cuddlefex are really active with that stuff" and gravitate towards them.

If that information breakdown wasn't something the admin wanted to make public (and I could understand that, it might lead to reinforcement in org roles, eg the Cuddlefex have high social activity, so RPers go there, so their social score goes up, etc), this sort of info would still be INSANELY useful for GMs to have via the GUILD ACTIVITY info  - and I'd say it'd also be useful to have city councils able to see a similar breakdown for cities as well. It would let us far more easily see what kind of things are popular in our orgs, as well as give us a clearer picture of areas we could use more attention in. TOPGUILDS on its own is pretty useless - it's just a list of numbers without context, but if that stuff was contextualized, leaders could use the information to more effectively lead our orgs.
    MacavityMissariRiluoAldricCiarelleAngweAarbrok