Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Crafters.

Specifically, when I can tell I'm going through a queue at the same time as someone else, and I find two designs that have very blatant and obvious grammar mistakes...and each time, as I'm writing up a rejection...the other person approves the item.

Unicornsing crafters, man. It never ends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

PerilunaArekaHaydynNolaAymah
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    My daughter would have killed me if I'd made her room look like that.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Rivas, I've had that happen to me too. Hitting enter only to find the design gone and approved already is really annoying.

Sometimes I wonder if I should do shoutouts at first discrepancy before writing up the rejection. Perhaps set up a macro...

clantell crafters Don't move a finger! I'm rejecting something!

• Why can't we just set it up like everything else. We have applications for guides, builders, celani,  make one for crafters. Sure the process may take a bit longer for stuff to get approved, but at least the right stuff goes through.

NolaLinArbreAarbrokAtrapoema
  • Because, basically, it's hard to keep people engaged in crafting approval. It's tedious. That said, there should be a higher bar for entry. I like the way Imperian handled it a lot. It's a nice middle ground between a formal approval process and a freeforall. You have to have 100 -approved- designs first before you get added, and they threw in a few people they knew were ok to approve (like established builders) into tradeskill approval that didn't get as much love.
    imageimage
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    uuuuh some of us do have thousands of designs, but some people will never reach 100. That's a pretty high bar and loads a lot of work onto a select few.

Nola
  • To be fair, approving requires a pretty decent understanding of the rules and expectations. I don't think 100 is too high, especially if those already known to have a solid grasp can be put in place without that. 100 just automatically throws someone in.

And approvals for most stuff tends to go through pretty quick. Imperian also offers like... one credit per four approvals/rejections. 
    imageimage
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    the credit thing I can see some people REALLY taking advantage of that.  Having people just submit basic designs with little to no thought to them just to farm credits.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • You can't approve/deny your own stuff. So that wouldn't really farm you credits, plus there is divine oversight. That'd be pegged pretty quick and people would be shrubbed. Never even saw anyone -try- that in the time I was approving.
    imageimage
  • edited August 2013
    Farm you credits? 

Blech. 

Pretend I said yourself. Move along, now. Nothing to see here. 

Edit - I just really quit today. ;_;
    imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2013
    Logging in feeling like its a chore more than for enjoyment anymore.
    I have been getting incredibly infuriated with things way too easily, and most things are not in my control to make better, I know people have likely heard me or seen my temperment changing due to various factors, and for that I am sorry, I really dont want to feel like this in game right now.

Hell I blew up earlier over something that was not even on purpose in game, and lashed out at a group of people who did not necessarily do anything -wrong-

I really just do not know what to do. Maybe it is just me....
    I honestly am just at a loss for how I can make things fun right now.

It does not make sense to sidehop again due to RP reasons, I dont want to be one of those people to run away because there is no one to help teach me how to fight, or how to properly do group combat.  I try and stay honest to my character and what her intentions are, but its getting harder and harder with continued negativity and just blatant rude attitudes to come up with reasons to want to help anymore.

I am not a coder, hell back when I was in school the computers we had were used for playing the Oregon Trail and Number Munchers, I was not taught how to do LUA or Python, or whatever the hell its called, and I keep getting talked down to like I am some kind of idiot for not knowing how to script, and it is just getting old. 
    Sessizlik
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I could do that, I have enough class artifacts or whatever to fund transing out three classes again and switching back, but then that leaves one less person to try and advance already overworked people who are trying to keep things positive.  That is one more person those people without artifacts have to fight another semi artifacted person, and one less person who has a sub par idea of combat to help train people who have no clue about combat whatsoever.  That is one less person to help take time to help a novice not be completely overwhelmed and help them understand basics.

This game does not have a big enough population to do that to, it is a disservice to those who are maybe trying this game for the first time, joining a guild and needing help in an already struggling active population.  I honestly wish sometimes that AFK people were timed out after a certain amount of time, to see how many people are actually online and playing.

If combat intimidates me, yet I will rush in and spam an instakill in a class I dont understand just to try and help out, I can only imagine how an actual newcomer feels.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, I don't like how there are SO MANY darkies all of a sudden; it's not ideal for combat balance. I feel guilty and like I should go back lifer, sometimes.

I hear you on the frustration with leadership. Sometimes you will get feelings of disliking the job - and that REALLY is what it is, a job, in many ways. I wish org leaders got some actual compensation for their work. Good leaders lead to better player engagement and retention and (albeit indirectly) more credit purchases. I dunno, it'd be nice if org leaders got some sort of "hey thanks for doing the job" like credits or free Iron Elite membership or maybe some kind of IC thing like temporary artifacts or whatever. Obviously that'd need some checks to ensure people weren't just taking over for perks, but it would help alleviate the frustration that can come with being a leader, I think - when you feel appreciated, you do better work, no matter if that job is in a game or not.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I will tape you to your chair if you try and leave us(me)! Don't make me do it!

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Lin
    Setne, of all my stalkers, you're my favorite. :)
    @Moirean  I wish the leadership would get some perks as well...sometimes you try and try and all you do goes deeply unnoticed
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• As a GM I paid my secretaries a payroll for being active and helpful. Guild credits or guild gold go a long way, and the transactions being in the logs has enough clout to keep the people getting paid honestly helpful and active (sometimes because people who want the credits/gold snitch, but hey, nothing's perfect).
    edited August 2013
    Well, I was talking more about GM and CL for rewards.

Paying secretaries and stuff definitely is helpful though and helps motivate people for sure. However, org credit levels are a whole 'nother can of worms; without getting into it too much, I think they are kinda problematic right now.

One issue with that is that credit levels are based on what the monthly promo is, now that the membership has been introduced. Some promos (like the artifact sales) don't generate guild credits, unless that's been fixed. Irone Elite doesn't generate credits, and that's really what I'm going to tell newbies to get if they ask me about how to spend money on the game; it really is the best value. Player numbers in general also seem lower overall, so, on the whole, credit intake is a good deal lower than it was a few years ago, maybe fluctuating higher if a good promo month like giftbags AND arti auction comes around. Currently Carnifex are one of the most active guilds and we're bleeding credits because we make maybe...like 5-10 credits a RL week on average, since we don't really have any huge PKers (and let's be honest, that's who spends the most on credits).

I'm going to stop now before I start raging, but let me say that guild credit intake is one of the most frustrating parts of the game atm - I can't do ANYTHING to make our credit purchases higher, but a lot of things guilds do revolve around having credits available as a prize (and it kinda breaks my heart to not be able to reward new players more lavishly). It's really one of those situations where you just wanna scream.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I do hate that I can't do more for my guildies in regards to credits.  I try to throw the active members credits on occasion and Mariena tricked me into giving myself credits this last round, but between that and trying to run contests for activity, I'm constantly dipping below the low balance I try to keep.
  • Well, I took a payroll too. >>

I emptied the Syssin and Infernal credit coffers more than once doing this. <<
    That's a problem I have.  I know I do more than my secretaries (except maybe Macian), but I feel guilty giving myself credits.
  • I got over that quickly, then quickly lost a secretary, and got accused of robbing the guild by an older player on a new character. Good times ^_^
  • I don't see why each guild couldn't automatically receive a budget of X credits per IG year to spend/save as they'd like. 
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanArenCiarelle
    Aldric said:
    I don't see why each guild couldn't automatically receive a budget of X credits per IG year to spend/save as they'd like. 
    or have it based on the activity of the Guild so the more active it is the more credits it gets, thus it would be a motivator in the guild.

Also @Moirean the Iron Membership generates 5 credits for City and Guild each time one is renewed or activated..
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Ah I didn't realize that. I remember when it came out it wasn't giving credits and we were all sadface. I guess, I dunno, I'm just unlucky with my guildies' credit purchases.
    Macavity said:
    or have it based on the activity of the Guild so the more active it is the more credits it gets, thus it would be a motivator in the guild.
    Isn't this, for all intents and purposes, what happens already?  The more active your guild is, the more likely you are to get credits.  Activity doesn't necessitate quality, so I am against this one.  EQUALITY FOR ALL.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    *for all intensive purposes
    Lin said:
    *for all intensive purposes
    I'm not sure if this is legit.  Or this.  Or this.  Shup I'm right for once.
    PerilunaAryanne

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HaydynAngwe
This discussion has been closed.