Voice Thread 2.0

Comments

• edited August 2013
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1APcYQ3uOS0

Stabs and I. Warning, kinda loud and I curse.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

MarienaMoirean
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I tried my hand at Aldric's words. I am not doing the character voice thing. >.>

Moirean
  • Ahahaha that was awesome @Xenia.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    Xenia
  • @Moirean - I totally pronounced your name correctly in my head. Go me. 

I may post another with the extra stuff later.
    imageimage
    Moirean
  • http://vocaroo.com/i/s1yWZ9DwEa0W

Here is the assorted extras, sans voice in head.

My inner nerd was flipping tables over assorted misunderstandings of chemical symbols. :(
    imageimage
    Moirean
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited August 2013
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qV4xZSorXF

I did Aldric's lists. Sorry for the random pauses as I processed.

And Moirean's!

Moirean
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Okay. So. There's been some things added! So here's my voice again.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ycH7IaMZIc

Warning: Fbombs. Fbombs everywhere. Forever.

MoireanVharenMinaraelSetneAkaryuterraLin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    >_< Lol, you guys didn't read my post. Those aren't names to pronounce. They are imagined voices to imitate.

ELEANOR DID READ IT THOUGH AND NOW I AM GOING TO LISTEN AND IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS.
  • Dat voice. 

SetneAkaryuterraLin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I LISTENED AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.
    MinaraelAkaryuterra
  • edited August 2013
    "This isn't really a 'how does people pronounce things it's a 'who pronounces sh** that makes Elea wanna punch them in the face."

(also ahmg, there's no X in espresso)
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    I imagine you were looking for 'expresso', 'aks them a question', 'excape' and whatnot? They trigger my reflexive facepunch.

JaslineAldric
  • I totally laughed every single time Haern laughed at her own comments for some reason. Also Haern as Gilbert Gottfried.. cringe. I'm not unhearing that.

The words themselves are exactly as Eleanor said: words that people tend to say incorrectly/add random syllables to and whatnot.

1) Espresso - Often times said expresso (there's no x there)

2) Arctic ocean - Often times pronounced Artic ocean, C is taken out

3) Ask - Often pronounced 'aks' or 'axe'

4) Escape - People sneak an X in where the C is, pronouncing it excape

5) Etcetera - Sometimes people drop the first t altogether, pronouncing it eccetera

6) February - That R has a habit of simply disappearing in pronunciation

7) Federal - Many people drop the second E, pronouncing it fedral

8) Library - Another word where the R just sometimes disappears. Libary

9) Miniature - I just love hearing how people pronounce it min-ih-ture versus min-ee-uh-ture

10) Prescription - The R tends to swap places with the E, pronouncing it perscription. I notice this at the pharmacy I work at far too often.

11) Realtor - People sneak a ghost I between the L and T, pronouncing it realitor

12) Silicon - People get silicon and silicone mixed up here. Additionally people pronounce silicon either siliCON or siliCUN.

13) Sneak - Past tense is technically sneaked, snuck isn't actually a word.

14) Take it for granted - Haern hit this one on the head. Some people say they take things for granite. 

15) Yolk - I believe Haern's the only one that I heard actually enunciate the L here. There's a subtle difference between yolk and yoke.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Some'a those are due to accent, just sayin'.

Aryanne
  • February has never had that first r sound in it. Like, ever. Now you are breaking my reality and I have to go check the rules. 

Okay, the dictionary agrees with me. -phew-

Also, I think snuck gets to a be a real word at this point. English being a living and evolving language, after all. Sneaked just seems ridiculously -wrong-.
    imageimage
    TeaniCiarelle
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Yeah, I read Aldric's post and was like Wtf that r is totally silent.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2013
    Tried Aldric's list on the fly. I feel like I don't make sense half the time, but here you go!

Edit: And after reading though the hilarious posts after, I realize I wasn't the only one baffled by the sentences. Got some things right though! And February might have a silent 'r', but in Sweden we pronounce it Februari without any silent letters, so it comes naturally to me to add that one.

Oh my god Lin I can't press Like enough times.

HaydynMinaraelAarbrokTeaniAldric
  • I don't know why you are doing it, but I am so glad that you did.
    imageimage
    HaydynIosyne
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Spaghetti and meahtbahls.
    AarbrokLinHaydyn
  • Why does everyone think I'm a sex addict? :S
    I think it's the gross creepy uncle vibe you roleplay so flawlessly.

TeaniLinHaydynValenaeAldricAryanne
  • Well that's true, I suppose.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    So THAT is what you were doing last night!
  • edited August 2013
    I'm so glad this thread is doing so well. ^.^ It's one of my favs on forums. I haven't heard a single voice I didn't like/am annoyed by. Aetolians aren't just attractive in general, we have the voices to match. >.>

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Lost it at Razmael. +1
    Haydyn
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I hope you found it again!