Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Sign Up

Comments

• I want to play too!
  • I'm in....let's hope I survive past 2 rounds. 

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I'm down
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I'm down, was sad I didn't get in on the last game.
  • I'm in and @Xenia if we get killed on day and night 1, we can go out for drinks.

Xenia
  • edited August 2013
    Ilyon said:
    Mm, this does look rather complex, hopefully it won't get confusing! Random questions:
    - Dhasan of Nature: can his target still post during day rounds?
    - Dhasan of Art: will the active role user be told about the illusion (I'm assuming not)? Does the switch apply to lynches?
    - Jailer: is the jailing action resolved before any other?
    - Are anonymous messages allowed?

@Ilyon: Thank you for bringing these up!

-The Dhasan of Nature's target may still post during day rounds. They simply cannot vote on the lynch or exercise their role's active power until night. Note that this does not block passive powers from functioning upon the target.

-The Dhasan of Art's illusions are invisible until it matters. They do not work on lynches; just factional kills and other active powers.

-As for the Jailer... let me give you a list of resolution priorities:

(Switcher) Dhasan of Art -> (Roleblocker) Jailer/Dhasan of Nature/Dhasan of Magic -> (Framer) Consanguine Experiment/Dhasan of Devotion -> (Investigative/Informative) Dhasan of Science/Syssin/Warden -> (Other) Summoner/Vigilante/Conscript/Necromancer/Wildcard.

This means that the Dhasan of Art's switching takes precedence over the roleblockers in the game, unless one of the roleblockers targets them and they are not otherwise protected. Framers are vulnerable to both switchers and roleblockers, and investigative/informative roles are at the bottom of the heap. The other roles are vulnerable to switching, roleblocking, and framing, although the Wildcard can duplicate any of the powers a dead player had and so potentially falls all over the place on the priority list. Roleblocking has no order of priority - if a roleblocker is roleblocked, they cannot roleblock that round, with one exception: If two roleblockers block each other, both roleblocks function as intended.

Finally... Yes, I will permit anonymous messages.

i am rapture coder
    Ilyon
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Alright. I'm in, even though this seems very complex and I will most likely ask a lot of silly questions. <.<

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Uh. Holy crap. My head spins reading all of this. I guess I'll play!
    Xenia
  • I'm in!
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'll give it a shot.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Oh gosh, me and Dask in the same thread.

RIP Llok
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Unless I'm too late, I'd also like to join.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Um, I wasn't allowed to join in this time? Or was my name simply missed? I posted before Aren and Daskalos... and I think Demarcus was missed as well.

• On a more positive note, I am listed twice!

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Lynched by Town once, killed by Mafia once, Omei just wanted to let Ilyon accomplish both in the same game this time.
  • edited August 2013
    That was my mistake!

Corrected now.

EDIT: I am happy to observe that this exceeds my expected turnout! We should be looking at a very lively game indeed.

i am rapture coder
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited August 2013
    *laughing* when the mafia games on the forums is more exciting than the actual game that said forums was created for!  :-)
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I'm going to have to withdraw. I won't have internet for another 2-3 weeks, and I don't want to go through all the posts on my phone. :/

Game looks like it should be a lot of fun though. :)
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Omei
  • I'll join this already massive game, presuming it's not too late.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Don't forget me!
  • It is not too late! I'll be closing the thread on August 12th and the game will commence sometime on the 13th, barring major incident.

You two have been added to the already gargantuan list. I am considering rules tweaks so that the game does not drag out too long.

i am rapture coder
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Actually, remove me from the game. I'm going to be pretty busy for the rest of August, it seems, and I don't relish checking this thread from my phone either, with this many players.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    oh I HATE checking this forums from my phone!!  Its a nightmare and so not user friendly and my fat fingers are always pushing buttons I would not normally push that irritates me more.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Esper
  • I have a couple of rule changes to announce:

Owing to the size of this game - larger than expected - I will be removing the Indorani's elimination as a necessity for Conclaves to gain a factional kill. This will result in the larger Conclave being able to kill someone at night, concurrently with any surviving Indorani. Moreover, the vigilante will gain two night kills to begin with, plus one extra once a rellyw power role dies, as opposed to having to wait for all the power roles to die. I'll be editing the original post shortly to reflect these changes.

This, I think, should make the game go faster and make rounds more exciting.

i am rapture coder
    Esper
  • Couldn't that imbalance the game rather heavily? Considering the factions start off knowing who the other one is?
  • They do not, @Llok. They only know their own group.

i am rapture coder
  • Ah right. Misread that, then.
  • Alright. Signups are closed!

I will be opening a game thread and sending you all PMs once role assignment has concluded. If you want to back out - too late.

i am rapture coder
    SaritaJaslineMacavity
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Is there a summary somewhere of how many people are in each faction and so forth?
  • I will put one in my signature shortly.

i am rapture coder