Bloodborn Tactics

RiluoRiluo The Doctor
edited August 2013 in Sparring Grounds

After a long departure from the game, I have once more returned and to be honest many things have changed and combat is now super –fast- ! Therefore, during the last two weeks, I have been sparring with random people to get a better overview of things as well as building up my offensive as I go. Now that I have a –very- basic feel for low/mid-tier combat I have decided it is time to begin asking people, "what did I do wrong in that fight?" AND "What did I do right?” The overall response has been you heal very well, you output damage fine, however your priority list needs reworked. Therefore, I added in new whispers and moved a few around just to test things out, sadly I kind of hit a bit of a dead end with it, so I am here to seek advice from other Bloodborn and competent fighters in the game. I am not looking for scripts or anything of the sort; I will do that end of things on my own.

Basic tactics:

What I do however need is a few pointers about what I need to whisper first, in this regard I am going to show a current set of venom and whispers I send in order to see if I could maybe swap a few around.

This is the order I tend to whisper in:
"impatience","stupidity",
"epilepsy","confusion",
"indifference","anorexia",
Etc etc

Basic venom I use:
"paralysis",
"asthma",
"limpveins",
"slickness",
"anorexia",
"clumsiness",
Etc etc

Rituals and stuff:

As part of my strategies I employee all the standard rituals and aim for good old mindsurge/painted scythe to pressure mana/clotting. This however seems to have been slightly nerfed from what I can gather as I am not really causing as much bleed as I use too. In this regard, I added in MINDBURROW to fire once a target hits around 55-65% mana and has between 5-8 afflictions on them. The whole idea as far as I can tell is to give a knock to the other player’s mana pool. Other than this, I am kind of at a loss as to where to go now.

So advice please as I have not played in a long time and people seem to be curing like no tomorrow and to be blunt I am struggling at this point to get peoples mana to drop or afflictions to stick.

On a side note, wish this class did not requires so much investment in artifacts to match up slash/whisper speeds.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Comments

• Don't do indifference/anorexia except when sealing a lock, they're salve cures and allow the opponent to catch up.

Does the listed order mean that you use the first two afflictions from that list that the target doesn't already have?

Are you using bloodmeld?

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor

Yes, I give the first two from that (priority) list in a descending order. So for example my first attack will be:

gash with curare/dwhisper impatience stupidity.

Then if they cure impatience but do not cure stupidity on my next dwhisper balance it will give them epilepsy impatience, if they cure epilepsy, it will now give epilepsy confusion. In theory working its way down the list as I hit my attack button. Does that make sense? I also do the same with my venom, if they fail to cure it that round it grabs the next on my list. If they do cure it however it gives that affliction again until it stick then moves to the next etc. It is far from perfect, but it works to some extent.

As for invoke bloodmeld yes I started adding it back in recently, although it seems to get interrupted in the 5 secs I am off balance sometimes! I am not sure if that is because they hit me, or not.

• Don't use invoke unless you haven't coded a proper ritual tracker yet (failsafes, all that fun) - invoked bloodmeld has a 3s channeling time and its duration is reduced.

The affliction selecting looks solid, I do the same. You may want to look into adding more queues for different situations. I have four of those - the 'primary' one, a damage one, a locking one, and a movement-prevention one.

Would help if you can post some logs that demonstrate what you are struggling with - without those the best I can tell you is generic things such as getting rid of that anorexia/indifference combo.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013

@Ilyon sorry should have posted a few and I will remove those two afflictions from my list and add something else.

This is my first PK  after returning, it is against Dato:  http://www.logsty.com/logs/DxZ8H

Ranked match against Kaeus, which to be honest was really hard: http://www.logsty.com/logs/YQgOX

• Just a couple quick observations:

1. I don't see you using temptation or seduction in either fight.

2. The tracking missed a couple dwhispers, and you don't seem to be adding in anxieties to your aff tracking. Neither seemed to have a major impact on the Kaeus fight, but I could imagine it hurting in close matches.

3. You didn't put up rebounding at all versus Kaeus.

Don't feel comfortable commenting more than that for now.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013

Have made sure it tracks anxieties now. I never even considered it, also yeah the Kaeus spar was a mess as things did not go as planned. I kept spamming a macro I haphazardly made that was meant to "diagnose|purify blood" but yeah nothing.

[Tripwire]: Info: Mastema has gained hubris (Wisp - Anxieties)
    [7095(100%)|5720(100%)|0|100%|100%|80%|90.5%|R:100] [HMcsdb eb]
    mastema has < hubris, impatience, insulation, rebounding, sileris >
    Mastema touches a tree of life tattoo.
    You discern that Mastema has cured the effects of hubris.
    [Tripwire]: Info: Mastema has cured impatience (liver) (9.262s)
    mastema has < hubris, insulation, rebounding, sileris >
    Mastema eats a liver slice.
    Mastema eats a liver slice.
    [Tripwire]: Info: Mastema has cured hubris (6.962s)
    [Tripwire]: Info: Mastema has gained sadness (Wisp - Anxieties)
    mastema has < insulation, rebounding, sadness, sileris >
    [Tripwire]: Info: Mastema has cured sadness (bladder) (0.713s)
    mastema has < insulation, rebounding, sileris >
    [Tripwire]: Info: Mastema has gained commitment (Wisp - Anxieties)

• One important thing - if you can, switch to Wise or get the +eq artifact. It looks like you have the l3 rune for scythe (3.44 slashes), but are whispering at neutral 3.75 equilibrium, making that rune mostly ineffective.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    So... uhhh. Question. Can you just not compete without the artifacts as Bloodborn?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • You can, but probably not particularly well against artied templars such as Kaeus.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ah, okay. Was a little worried cause I was considering the class some for my alt.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited August 2013
    I wouldn't recommend playing BB without the L3 weapon rune. IMO you are simply too slow to get anywhere at all. It significantly slows down your aff speed, your damage, and your mana damage if you don't have one.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013
    I tend to agree that BB kind of require runes L3 especially with my statpack. I know without it I was waiting to catch up so I could do combos (I am currently -powerful-). Still I would consider polymorph/adoption if I score big on a contest or good old ironbeard gives me a few artifacts to tradein.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Powerful is a great statpack now Riluo, you need the eq crown to go with it. It's probably the best option if you have that.
    Riluo
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I am curious on why powerful is the better statpack over wise?  Can someone post numbers on the dwhisper and scythe attack, with/out crown and l3 rune?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013

With L3 runes, stillmind and no crown:

Spinning a gruesome crescent scythe around you, you gash open yourself.
    Balance Used: 3.44 seconds
    You lock your gaze to yourself's for the briefest moment and sharply whisper a word of
    command, driving the imperative into your mind with the force of your supernatural will.
    Your mind feels somewhat slower and more plodding.
    Yourself shuffles your feet in boredom.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.75 seconds

With L3 runes, stillmind + (Jeromy's crown):

You lock your gaze to yourself's for the briefest moment and sharply whisper a word of
    command, driving the imperative into your mind with the force of your supernatural will.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.48 seconds

If I ever get spare credits I will get one I think, although no big rush as I will just get it when I get it.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    --Dexterous--

-With L3 runes, stillmind and no crown:
    Raising a gruesome crescent scythe over your shoulder, you viciously slice at yourself.
    Balance Used: 2.92 seconds

You lock your gaze to yourself's for the briefest moment and sharply whisper a word of command, 
    driving the imperative into your mind with the force of your supernatural will.
    Equilibrium Used: 3.75 seconds

-With L3 runes, stillmind + crown:
    You messily tear up yourself with a strike from a gruesome crescent scythe.
    Balance Used: 2.92 seconds

You lock your gaze to yourself's for the briefest moment and sharply whisper a word of command, 
    Equilibrium Used: 3.48 seconds

--Wise--
    -With L3 runes, stillmind and no crown:

Equilibrium Used: 3.22 seconds

-With L3 runes, stillmind + crown:
    You messily tear up yourself with a strike from a gruesome crescent scythe.

Equilibrium Used: 2.96 seconds
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."