MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Root canals sound scary, but they're honestly not all that bad. I remember having one done when I was still in high school, and I never touched the pain meds they gave me and was ready to eat the moment I got out. And trust me, I'm terrified of dentists, so I was really, really scared beforehand.
    PiperValenae
  • edited July 2013
    @Piper I usually meditate or go to the gym and teach that smug punching bag a lesson. If I'm that stressed out I start feeling nauseous so I can relate. 

I've also started cooking more often which is more of a meditation for me and you'd think I'd gain weight but after I make it I'm so tired I don't want more than a portion. It's a win/win. >.> 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Yeah, I get that. I've been cooking more when I visit my friends. Cooking loses its novelty at some times, though.
    Haven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It'll be alright, @Piper. I promise. With proper anesthetic, you won't have much trouble. I had to go back four times before it was all done.

My rage, my toe is now hurting so bad that I have to go to the hospital. It's way too expensive for just a damn pinky toe, but I can't walk! That's kind of a problem when you're meant to walk around on guided tours with a bunch of students.

If you lived near me, I'd tell you to visit my doctors! I work for podiatrists and Orthopaedic surgeons :(
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Stupid family stuff making it so that my time around is very spotty :\ Hopefully next Saturday will help lighten my mood. If everything works out it should, but things usually don't work out for me.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Welp.. I was looking forward to having a hundred dollars off my rent but looks like the landlord gave the job to some other tenants of his. I might have been depending on it a tiny bit but uh.. we'll survive.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

Getting stressed out over my first TDRL re-evaluation.

Apparently Chicago is the only place in the world that can re-evaluate me. Even though I just got re-evaluated by the VA in February. I asked if they could use those findings, and they said they could, but are re-evaluating me in Chicago anyways.

So, I'm giving up one of my very precious weekends to drive almost 6 hours the first day, stay in a stupid hotel, wake up, go talk to a doctor about how I suck at sleeping and suck at getting to work on time and how I've been disciplined a few times already in the short time I've worked at my job. It'll be awesome. Such cheerful topics! And then I get to drive back. I might get to see my little sister though, so that could be cool.

Only problem is I have to get my medical records, which would have been no problem if they would have given me more than a week and a half's notice. On top of that I have to get travel orders, but the people I have to get them from only work when I need to sleep, and if I stay up to call them (which has thus failed so far) I end up waking up late for work. At least you know your sleep meds work when you can't sleep for less than 9 hours.

Then I get to stress out whether they reduce my rating, and if they do to what percentage. With a babeh on the way, finances are not something I want to add to my worries, nor would losing halfway-decent health insurance. Ah well, such is life.

• edited July 2013
    Friday and yesterday I called KHEAA to double check that everything was good. They said the process was over and that all my school had to do was accept the result and change every thing on my online notification whatsit. I was like, sweet. I call today and it turns out they're requesting TWO MORE DOCUMENTS! I've been at this for two and a half months. My school has outsourced to KHEAA so I have to go through two different offices to get anything done. The deadline is Friday. They're telling me I may have to enroll in a payment plan. If all of my stuff isn't processed by Friday I won't enroll in a payment plan, I'll lodge a complaint and if nothing comes of that, I'll withdraw. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Job has reduced me from my already reduced hours to 8 hours total per week because of payroll being too high. Job hunting time..at least the 8 hours is from home.

Those weeks when almost nothing works out for you. Nothing at all except MAYBE some delicious chicken tenders.. and you feel like the week is never going to end and you're fighting depression through it all.

Someone took my nana's puppy away and she was crying about it last night when I stayed over to help her clean her house and do chores. She's got two forms of cancer and only months left, at the least, and someone took her dog. They gave her the dog when they had a child because they didn't have the time and her own doggy died. She fell in love with it.. and then they decided to take it back after she told everyone how happy she was. Heart breaking, dear god.

My coworkers are overwhelmed. I'm overwhelmed. We've got two people out still on maternity and another about to go. They've informed the surgical coordinator that she's going to cover the desk. She just about had a breakdown. They told us that they've got another commercial going out so we're about to get even MORE busy with half the people we usually have.

My best buddy in the office, the other front desk girl informed me that SHE is leaving next year and planning on having her second child. I had to fight off a panic attack at the front desk. The back up helps kept hiding to chat in the middle with all the medical assistants that didn't have work to do.

Money issues. Money issues. People about to die. Working the same day, the same time, that my family is getting together to meet my younger brother's girlfriend for the first time. Money issues. Just.. someone shoot this week, please, and get me some St. John's Wort before I develop a twitch.
  • My mom has to rent out rooms in her house to survive. Her roomies are all pretty awesome people, except one person who we have known since he was a kid. Like 7 years old. We've all taken him in at one point or another, because his family was extremely abusive and his social network isn't any better for him. The last time a family member took him in, it was my father and me, and he stole a bunch of stuff from him. I had to hunt him down to get my laptop back, but we never recovered the rest of it. Presumably he sold it for drugs.

Now, he has been renting a room from my mom for several months, but mostly staying with his girlfriend. He showed up last night while we were all playing cards, and at some point during that night, all of my mom's money went missing. She gets paid in cash and usually keeps it as cash. So the entirety of her money went missing all at once. He was there, he went into her room. But he's denying he has it and we can't prove it. 

My mom lives precisely at her means. Losing nearly a thousand dollars is going to screw her in all sorts of different ways. I warned against letting him live there, but he's like a son to her. I am so profoundly angry right now. 
    imageimage
  • edited August 2013
    My mom is like... technologically illiterate. I think there is another word for it, but I'm really still too upset to even think of what it is right now. Anyway! Her phone service at the house hasn't been working lately so she told me to message her on facebook to let her know when I work next so she can watch my son. So I do... and I get a message back from her like 20 mins later. The message was obviously meant for someone else saying that she was just going to ignore my message. I would maybe understand if she watched my son -every- day, but I just took this past week off from work and I have other babysitters that I use so that she's not watching him constantly and gets a break. Unfortunately they are all busy today but I have some awesome friends that have worked around their own lives so that they can help me out. I guess that's a love too, but still mad at my mom. Maybe a lot hurt, too.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    :( /hug Peril

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • When life throws you curve balls it never just does it one at a time. Oh no, in the past two days I just learned that there's a possibility my office could be closed next year, my cousin has completely disowned my entire side of the family, she now won't even talk to me let alone let me come visit with her four children.. ever, and she sold her house up here which means all the stuff that was my Uncle's that she didn't want we didn't even get a chance to go through so all those picture albums and memory stuff are now gone because she's closing on the house today and didn't bother to tell anyone (I found out last night because my dad is friends with the guy that lives next door to the house and he called my dad and told him the scoop on it), my brother is mad at me because I missed his step-son's birthday party earlier because I have no car to get there (did I mention he lives in the next town over so I can't afford a cab all the way there and back?), and my car is running again but they have to run it for a while longer to make sure the fix actually fixed it this time so I don't even know when I'm going to get it back at this point. They've had it for two months now. Sheesh. I think I need a vacation from life.
  • Virus call. Oh my god there is more toolbar than browser help.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited August 2013
    GIVE ME THE FUCKING RATHALOS PLATE GODDAMNIT YOU PIECE OF ALSDKFJL;KJASDLKSDF

yayigotit
    Atrapoema
  • Had some sorta attack last night at about 10pm.. thought my insides got caught in a blender. Wallowed, screamed, and cried for 15-20 minutes. Eases off and I go on my scheduled midnight walmart run.

This morning my sister calls (she lives with us but is outta town) and my mom tells her about it.

The best we can figure out based on my sister's past experience coupled with a string of 6 days when all I was able to keep down was ice and 2 cans of soup, and was just in general feeling like crap... It's about 89% chance that it's my gallbladder.

I'm calling the doc Monday before I have another attack. I'm terrified of what will have to happen though.. I don't like hospitals.
    imageimage
  • Allow me to comfort you. Gallbladder removal is an outpatient procedure now. You'll only be in the hospital for a few hours, and awake for not-a-whole-lot of them, and they'll send you home with a tiny little scar that will fade with proper care.
    Haydyn
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I've had my gallbladder removed and it wasn't as bad or terrifying as I first thought. I got to stay over night and have people check up on me and now I feel better than ever. :)
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Fast recovery Sessi!
  • edited August 2013
    More of a "sad" than a "mad" but I'm putting it here anyway. (Also, side note. @Aarbrok, I hate posting after you because that spider freaks me out...)

So two weeks ago today (Sunday), a good friend of mine lost his mother. He was in California at the time, getting ready to roadtrip-move a friend to Miami. His dad found his mom, she'd died in her sleep.

I attribute my college happiness to this guy. He did for me what Aetolia did for me when I started playing 5 years ago. He acclimated me to people. Taught me useless information that I never thought I'd need, but have used. He brought me out of my introverted shell and made me realize that college was more than going to class and going home to do homework.

My heart broke for him. I did all the things that a good Southern girl does when someone looses a loved one. I called and checked on him about every other day. Cooked a meal for him, his sister, and dad. Drove to get him from the bar and take him home when he had been too determined to drown his pain in endless shots. 

Today, I read this on his Twitter: "Just got done cooking mashed potatoes, veggies, and pork chops. Trying to fill a void in the house, using all my mom taught me."

For some reason, this unglued me. I sobbed. Now, mind you, I'm a crier. Always have been. It doesn't take too terribly much. I cried when I found out and have a few more times in the last 2 weeks, but this seemingly simple tweet broke my heart. It made me think about what things I would do if I ever lost my mom. What things would bring me comfort in her absence. 

So, lesson learned: The things that you'd do when a loved one is gone (SO, sibling, parent, BFF) to bring you comfort... The things that will remind you of them... Do them now. Don't waste your time.
    imageimage
    TeaniKiyotanSessizlikAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Haydyn those are some true words, we can all learn from those sort of experiences.

Lots of love out to you and your friend and their family.  If anything we need to remember those people who mean the most to us, and be there for them.  

THIS: Today, I read this on his Twitter: "Just got done cooking mashed potatoes, veggies, and pork chops. Trying to fill a void in the house, using all my mom taught me."

Made me cry..... D: lots of feels. I dont even know this person but, they seem to be an awesome person in general based on this alone.  That shows them having their head in the right place and honoring someone who meant alot to them and that should be lauded.  

After working in Hospice for a couple years and seeing families who did not have people like your friend, I have to say it is good to see something positive shine out of a terrible tragedy.  All I can say is be there for them through this hard time, and again, sorry to hear the bad news D:

HaydynAryanne
  • Michael Ansara died. :(
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I'm sure this was all brought about by my own actions, but it still making me rage. I can't find a job -anywhere-, so I was forced to finally break down and ask my dad for one AGAIN. Part of the reason I have such a bad work history is BECAUSE I've worked for my dad before, which always leads up to me and him getting into fights and him either firing me or me leaving. It's a terrible deal, but it feels like I'm stuck with it. Feels like a hole that I cannot climb out of. >.>

On top of going back to a job that I loathe, it's going to cut in to a large portion of my Aetolia time. I know I have a lot now, and I knew when I found a job it was going to be cut way back, but I mean it's going to cut into -a lot- of it. Not as bad as my last job, which made my time here non-existent, but I'll be lucky if I get in an hour most week days :/ I'll still be on all weekend though! If I'm not somehow forced to have a social llife again. >.>

I guess on the bright side I'm going to make lots of money again. #firstworldprobs
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited August 2013
    I rage that skinny girls get preferential treatment, including when it comes down to finding/getting hired for a job. I also rage that when I voiced this frustration to a friend, his reply was, 'well, they want someone who is healthy'. Just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're healthy. Cocaine and meth addicts are skinny, chicks with eating disorders are skinny. I'm mentally more healthy and capable then these women (I can actually bake!) and it frustrates me that that particular opinion is prevalent in this particular hick community as a whole. 

AryanneMinaraelHadoryuArenSessizlikTeani
  • I hate that people got the IC Rage thread shut down again.

Maybe next time the mods will just ban the people who can't control themselves for a while instead of shutting the thread down.
    SolariaMissari
  • Admittedly, there's a post or two missing from the thread now, so the picture isn't complete. Suffice it to say that the thread had it coming, especially with a certain post that's been deleted.
    Hadoryu
  • I accept that as true, but my point is that the perpetrators who did that need to be punished, rather than innocents who just want to innocently vent about goings on in game.
    HadoryuAldricSessizlik
  • edited August 2013

Edit: I'm also mad my comp can't run Infinite Crisis at more than .1 FPS. Yeah, it's another MOBA, but I want to PK people using Nightmare Batman, dernit.

Missari