Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• That's the thing that really ticked me off. It was made out to be like we were practically out of ylem when we are nowhere even close to that. The drama machine needs to be toned way down, and I just...well, there aren't many people that respond well to the sort of negative reinforcement that has been happening as of late, particularly over the last few days.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2013
    The thing is, its only negative to certain people, you cant make everyone happy.

The focus is on new players and newcomers to Duiran, the old people should have more sense to talk about it in game rather than turn CT off and rage on the forums.

Sadly this is not the truth, and I as well as others in Duiran have paid to outfit novices with gauntlets, goggles, and even lessons to help them learn about Ylem, as well as take them out to teach them about it.  But sadly, no one knows this because they are too busy feeling attacked.  Because they come to us and ask:

"What is going on, how can I help"
    -not-
    "You guys are being so mean, why are you attacking and punishing us"

Just some food for thought on the oldbie mentality in Duiran. :)
    Angwe
  • Personally, the events surrounding my character as of late have left me feeling a little sour in regards to Duiran, and it feels as if I am piling up the reasons to quit the place. 

That aside, I think the whole ylem thing was way dramatic over the news and it felt like a silly schooling of sorts, and just negative overall. I do also believe the rewards system needed to be re-done, so good for Kaeus, and I mean this, because when I did Research it was very hard to motivate people without tangible rewards (credits). But when I approached him to suggest he make the list of rewards more visible (eg listed in the CHELP), I only encountered what felt like an obstacle. I don't think I was being unreasonable in that the CHELP is a lot easier to access than a help file on a clan, and for those of us who do minors and don't really participate in the PK, it's just annoying to have to be in a combat-related clan just to see a list.

So, not meaning to hurt anyone's feelings, I'll just say that I think leadership needs to be less negative and more willing to take suggestions.
    edited August 2013
    Offer suggestions then, and keep your character out of bedrooms in Spinesreach with Carnifex and perhaps you will have a better reception by Duiran as a whole.

From what I have seen with Aymah is that she has basically brought on the way she is treated onto herself, that is your RP choice, not mine. I am certainly not at liberty to pass judgement OOCly, but like I have said before, you are a foot out the door anyways with your characters actions.
    Piper
  • Since you posted here, and didn't respond when I politely poked you on skype the other day, you are being an absolute asshat on Dion. Ranting about how everyone just wants to mudsex and nobody wants to get involved, because none of the like 10 people online in Duiran felt like going to pk in the woods. As for ylem, it's boring. You don't get to yell/rant/rage about someone not doing something on a game if they don't find it fun - it's a game. I actually turned off Dion and qq'd after 5 minutes of being online as Kog (I actually logged in to help you guys pk, in fact), because you all were being so crude/judgmental. If you want people to participate, try maybe being nice/friendly to them instead of calling them out on the forums because they RP with a certain group, or screaming profanity at them when they don't do what you want them to do.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xavin
    edited August 2013
    Kog is hardly relevant in Duiran at all, you are assumed essentially to be metagaming with your character when you log in on your alts.  If I recall I offered you an IC reason to become involved with one of your characters with a very friendly method and you said "I dont want to, That is not what my plan is right now"

I know its good to stick up for your friends on the forums, but being a martyr over having your feelings hurt is truly silly.

I am to assume anytime you log into those characters you are hardly contributing based on IC interactions.  Skype is not the game.  I think you are an awesome person OOC, hell I have known you for a long time.  I am not going to play my character based on a skype discussion however.  You want it done ask Aarbrok, not Ron

..and if you mean this message:
    [7/31/2013 5:52:13 PM] Seth: Props to Illiderp for reminding me to turn off Dion again. In one clt, too

Yeah, not in the mood to deal with that.
  • Dion is an OOC clan. You were participating in the discussion on an OOC clan. So I sent you an OOC message. I object to how things are being handled OOCly, and ICly. And as to the claim I metagame when I log in on Kog, why bother metagaming? Duiran doesn't have anything going for it right now anyway - the problem is not 'I'm offering you ways to get involved', it's that the focus is 'if you don't get involved the way I want you to (ylem, pk, guild advancement) then you're doing it wrong and should gtfo'. Which is not an effective long-term strategy. Or even a short-term one.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited August 2013
    You turned it off in one CLT because of Illidan, clearly that is my ...

You know what....enough of this on the forums.  This thread is not the bitch about Duiran thread.
    Im going to evoke my fake moderator powers and stop my part of this discussion right now, because the general population does not need to hear this go round and round for days.

Sand in the vajay, life goes on....
    Something, something dark side.

My grandmother did tell me something once though, "Assume, make a UNICORNS out of U and ME."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Okay! Yeah! So we're getting mighty personal here. In my big-boy mod color, I'm gonna have to ask you to...

CHILL OUT.

If you want to argue, do it over Skype or whatever, but let's keep our precious thread unsullied.
    AarbrokXeniaAtrapoemaValenae
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    You got it wrong! It's to assume makes an ass out of u and me.
    Aarbrok
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Woooow. Gods, this is a legit rage now and vaguely not of the same topic.

So what if a character has a certain RP going on that involves other characters of other groups. That doesn't make their opinion any less valuable, overall. Calm down. We're in a game where people jump and leap from one alignment to the other so calm down. Most of us are guilty of what you accuse other people of.

My other rage. Since WHEN is maple syrup an innuendo?!?!?!
    XeniaAymahMinaraelValenaePerilunaArbre
    Piper said:
    My other rage. Since WHEN is maple syrup an innuendo?!?!?!
    guuuurl let's get sticky
    VharenPiper
  • Since they came out with these.

XeniaPiperAngwe
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    How is maple syrup -not- an innuendo? Sticky, warm, etc. I mean, come on? :P
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Aarbrok
  • Aarbrok said:
    Offer suggestions then, and keep your character out of bedrooms in Spinesreach with Carnifex and perhaps you will have a better reception by Duiran as a whole.

From what I have seen with Aymah is that she has basically brought on the way she is treated onto herself, that is your RP choice, not mine. I am certainly not at liberty to pass judgement OOCly, but like I have said before, you are a foot out the door anyways with your characters actions.
    Wow, dude. Just -wow-.
    For one I did make a suggestion. I -felt- (maybe I am wrong, I can acknowlege this), that this suggestion was met by an obstacle. This is all I am saying.

On the other hand, I am well aware of my character's actions and the possibility of consequences. I am -fine- with consequences. What I am not particularly okay with is the following:
    - That Angwe tried to kick Aymah out of Duiran after two miinutes of interaction through tells. 
    - Since he couldn't do it because of mechanics, he then went to PK her, oh, with Aarbrok included. Nice one, fellows. No one in Duiran bats an eye about it, as expected. 
    - That Angwe kicked Aymah out of the congregation a week or two later, mediating NO, and let me emphasize this, NO interaction whatsoever. No message, no tell, no angry confrrontation. What's this all of a sudden? A game with no RP?

You want an active council? Then interact with the damned members of it, even if it's for conflict that might be regarded as negative.

Okay, one more warning, then it's temporary thread closure time. Take your personal arguments somewhere private, please.
  • You know what I hate? I hate that I really want to get end game but hate bashing, and I seem to be in the no-man's land of decent areas to hunt. 

The 80+ stuff kicks my butt, and the lower level stuff is slow. 

Rage.
    imageimage
    AryannePerilunaTeani
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Hey baby. You know what I dig? Bashing. Know what I dig more? Bashing and someone being able to watch me flex.

./Casual gun-show.
    Minarael
    Minarael said:
    You know what I hate? I hate that I really want to get end game but hate bashing, and I seem to be in the no-man's land of decent areas to hunt. 

The 80+ stuff kicks my butt, and the lower level stuff is slow. 

Rage.
    What class/race/statpack are you? I can offer some advice.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Xaanhal got unmapped somehow. D:

It's driving me craaaazy.
    XeniaAldric
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Aymah

Angwe neither killed your character, nor was there meant to be any PK at all. If you remember, I was RPing being all threateny and growly and swinging my dhurive around.... until Xenia called for four Spireans and we had to kill everyone. You just got caught in the crossfire, I didn't even target you.

As for why Aymah got kicked out of cong, I'm willing to discuss that more privately. I'd rather not start a bunch of Internet backdraft over the forums, but there IS a reason, and I doubt it'll surprise you with some thought.
  • Staaaaahp.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Periluna
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited August 2013
    Ezalor said:
    You got it wrong! It's to assume makes an unicorn out of u and me.
    I don't know about you guys, but if I make a unicorn everytime I assume, then I am going to assume every second I am awake.

UNICORN ARMY
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    PerilunaAngweLinAarbrokIosyneNolaAryanne
  • I assume you know what this means.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AtrapoemaLinAldricRivasAarbrokPeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    A newbie in my guild suicided. I didn't see this coming at ALL - the kid really seemed to be enjoying the game, and I tossed a few credits at him a few times to help fuel that interest. He was happy and chatting often and eager to do stuff and learn the game...and next thing I know he suicided.

I don't know why, and I feel pretty crappy for missing whatever signs there were, since I am sure that we could have prevented that drastic of a quit if something was wrong.

I'm not sure if I'm upset at myself for missing his discontent, or just bummed in general at the suckiness of failed retention, since that's time, energy, IG resources and credits gone. I think if I understood why we lost the newbie, I'd at least feel like 'Ok, at least I learned something' but I don't even have that, so now I just feel...meh...

Just one of those moments where being an org leader sucks.

/rant
    LinDraimanRiluoPiperPeriluna
  • Kiyotan said:
    Now I'm hungry for Denny's. Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Valenae
    Grilled cheese with Mozzerella sticks inside.

*Hops in the General Lee*
    Cmon Rivas Duke!!
    Jasline
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Draiman said:
    How is maple syrup -not- an innuendo? Sticky, warm, etc. I mean, come on? :P
    did you just
    LinPiper
  • He kind of has a point.

On the other hand. someone give me a reason to want to play. :/
This discussion has been closed.