LOVE

Comments

• Free drinks at work functions and following it up with after-drinks!
    OrisaeAmaraLiancaAngwe
  • edited December 2012
    I feel cute today. I blame it entirely on the fact that I found adorable elephant earrings. They make me feel cute.

It's the little things, right? :)

Also, I want to just spread some love onto the Aetolian community. Not just the people that I regularly roleplay with now but also the people that I lost contact with when my character jumped side (You darkie scum, you). Each and every person has had some sort of influence on whether or not I stayed or went when I first started playing the game and I regularly am amused at all the antics. This community is one of the best that I've ever been a part of, full of intelligent and strange people that -actually- get my snarky jokes when I can be bothered to shoot them out. 

I work with a bunch of ladies that talk about nothing but their children and their cultures. You have no idea how great it is to just pop onto the forum/game/IRC and shoot out something irrelevant and get something witty back. My brain would be bored without you all. We've had quite the number of adventures with each other, haven't we?
    LinNola
  • Arbre said:
    That even though I'm sick and miserable and 27, my mommy takes care of me.  After spending some time vomiting, she come home to me curled in the chair staring blankly at the bed.  She made me some chicken broth and got me the Gatoraid I was told to drink to hydrate without getting sicker.  Once I got through the broth, I felt a lot better.

Also, my friends.  Being sick leads to emo RP (or evidently, in the case of Meyvitch, sitting and doing nothing RP).  I've been trying, in general, to not have Arbre be so emo anymore, but when I feel like crap, it's hard to have her positive.  They've been patient when I'm emo for no reason and haven't complained when I'm like yeah, I'm done, idle time, mid-RP.

Edit: also, Angwe drunktexting me.  I'm guessing I'm in his phone book as Arbre, making me one of the first on his list.  It made me laugh, even though it did wake me up.
    Poor, poor sickbre. We love you. On a love note - a 4 day weekend!!!! After working over half the year at 6 days a week, I am so looking forward to being away from work. Also, x-mas this year. I'm not really big on it and I'm trying not to get too hopeful because family holidays always end in disaster with yelling and crying in my family but I'm getting spoiled this year and it's awesome.
    imageimage
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I LOVE that my Death Knight's (WoW) tank set is coming together nicely.

I LOVE that my latest piece (NSFW) is beginning to really look good.

I LOVE that Eleanor and Akaryuterra get to see one another.

I LOVE that I'm gonna get to see Orisae's player in less than a month.

Unfortunately all of this LOVE is offset by my HATE HATE HATRED OF INSTANT COFFEE GOD THIS IS HORRIBLE AND I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID
    PiperNolaAlexina
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Daria! Why did they ever stop making this show?!

AmaraAngwe
  • edited December 2012
    STOP MAKING ME FEEL ALL WARM INSIDE ITS EATING MY SOUL

(Nodon'tstopIloveit)
    AmaraLinHaven
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Lo, and on the twenty-first day of the twelfth month of the two-thousand and twelfth year of the Gregorian age, a Jew was heretofore granted the accolade of Christmas miracle for the first time in history.

And the world did thus end. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AmaraLiancaArbreRivas
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited December 2012
    While it's not as good as buying shoes for one like that officer did, I bought some lunch for a homeless man that loiters near a place that I frequently eat at for lunch during work. I got myself a meal and him one as well and ate it outside in the cold.

While it's probably my fault for being a little ignorant, the guy was quite the intellectual and had some pretty insightful things to say. I discovered that he was a former veteran for the Army (the people who I work for) and that my little act of kindness gave him some hope for my generation. It's amazing how I've had a tremendously crappy week given all the work stress before the holidays but a little compliment like that coming from someone made me feel good inside.
    PiperLiancaAmaraNolaPeriluna
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Seir said:
    While it's not as good as buying shoes for one like that officer did, I bought a homeless man 
    How are you going to fit him under the tree?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Kiyotan said:
    Seir said:
    While it's not as good as buying shoes for one like that officer did, I bought a homeless man 
    How are you going to fit him under the tree?

I'm going to lure him with some socks and a pack of smokes.

Fixed. :P
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    But if you give him socks, he will be a free elf, like Dobby?
    KonnornKiyotanAmara
  • Internets at my house now!!!!!  Now I can stay around longer!
    Christmas season at a full service restaurant.

"Hmmmm... we ordered $20.00 of food but... what the hell, have sixteen bucks."
    Alistaire
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Serrice. I don't know what inspired such passion...but holy wow.

Give into your hate, Serrice. Embrace the Dark Side. <3
  • Amara said:
    My love is @Luna and @Kiyotan - I was awakened this morning by ranting, raving and tears because suddenly half the things ordered for my children for Christmas were not coming. Not delayed. Not coming -at all-. On top of that, my bank decided to cancel my check card because 'a merchant may or may not have compromised your account' and the new card won't arrive until New Year's. When I inquired as to which merchant, because, being anal about my bank account I'm on the website overseeing transactions -constantly-, I was told 'we can't give you that information'. I'm 65 miles from town and can't even get gas to get TO the bank because, lolno card.

That's all for the rage thread, yes, blah blah, but there is love:

@Luna pops up from the airport in the middle of this, while I'm a screaming, crying rage monster and the first thing she says is 'Use my credit card to buy your kids Christmas'. Without thought and without hesitation. There's no way in the world I'd ever accept but I felt so warm and fuzzy.

@Kiyotan lets me scream and bleed all over his AIM and of course has an immediate and perfect solution - just delay the gift giving celebration. The world hasn't ended, so things are still good, push it back a few days. Floated it by the kids and of course nobody really minds

God I love some of you people so, so much. You two in particular are my anti-Scrooge, anti-Grinch, Christmas miracles and I love you <3
    Enough people have asked me in game and out that I kind of wanted to post how this all turned out. They refuse to tell how, due to 'liability' issues (though I will be finding out because I've contacted a Reno attorney currently working on a class-action suit against my bank and I'm going to try to use that to suss out this information through his discovery procedures) my card was 'compromised' but did let it slip that it's a huge chunk of the bank's customer base who has had this happen, which says to me they screwed up somehow. 

After a very fruitless phone call, the gentleman who owns the little mini-mart/gas station in our podunk little town fronted gas (I take his bank deposits in with me on a regular basis, so he laughed when I was worried he wouldn't trust me) to go to the bank to pull all of my cash out of the account. I got some gifts to replace the ones that weren't coming at all, and some extras just to have more fun with. I called a couple of other online merchants who had the things I really really needed out of the 'canceled' gifts, and got one to agree to accept a PayPal payment after a rundown of what had happened. 

So, in the end, I managed to pull my head out of my a.... well, you know... and stop my wallowing, mostly thanks to the people in my above post, plus @Serrice, @Elanth, @Orisae, @Kaetriela and everybody else who was so unbelievably understanding and supportive when I vomited out my crisis to them.

I feel like the star player in my own personal, redneck version of 'A Christmas Carol' and damned if I didn't learn a beautiful lesson about holiday spirit from all of them. All of you. Thanks again. So so much.

“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.”

NolaDamonicusKonnornOrisaePerilunaHavenArbreLiancaEleanor
  • ALEXINA, for holding an impromptu treasure hunt of cryptic chest pieces on her island, totally for free. That was amazingly generous and awesome, and lots of fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

NolaAmaraKonnornHaven
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    That was actually tons of fun!
    KonnornAmaraHaven
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Razmael. So much love.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Kerryn
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    weddings and dancing and food and dessert and booze!

I gave myself a headache from too much feasting, frivolity, dancing and drinking, but it's a good kind of headache, you know? 

Now time to sleep. 
  • Daskalos said:
    Razmael. So much love.
    Much love for @razmael as well. Poor guy, I probably made him redo my artifact like six times, but it's working now, and it's beautiful. <3<3
    Finally finished my artisanal. Oh my god my hand hurts so bad.
    AmaraZunOrisae
  • Sleeping in. Oh god, I got to sleep in!  
    HavenElwynLiancaLin
  • Orisae said:
    Sleeping in. Oh god, I got to sleep in!  
    ^^^ This sooo much. I slept in till almost 10 am today!
    imageimage
    Orisae
  • edited December 2012
    Me too! 9:30am for me but oh god.. first time in a month and a half that I wasn't up by 6am! :D
    World of Warcraft: Game of Arathi Basin on my level 18 Destruction Warlock. A Discipline Priest followed me the entire game. I got Wrecking Ball and We Had It All Along *cough* in the same game.
    AmaraMalak
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Drunktolia! It's fun every once in a while :D

LinAmara
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Happy Birthday!!

Love you <3

Everyone, wish Brit a very happy birthday, either here, on Neithan or on Alistaire.

Amara
  • Lin said:
    World of Warcraft: Game of Arathi Basin on my level 18 Destruction Warlock. A Discipline Priest followed me the entire game. I got Wrecking Ball and We Had It All Along *cough* in the same game.
    I had to check this with my WoWhead kids. NICE, LIN ^.^