Drunklore

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
Xenia has been promoted to HoN, but she doesn't always seem to remember that she is representing the guild now - she even stomped out from a city trial in a huff recently. Moi decides she has to remind her of her duties. Plus Moi's in a grumpy mood.

-----------------------

Xenia has foolishly succeeded in ending her own life.
You divine the location of this death as Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern in Spinesreach.
Your ally has fallen at Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern.

You give a pained sigh.

Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern. (Spinesreach.)
Its unassuming entrance tucked away down a network of warrens and alleyways which riddle the heart of the Citadel, this tavern is obviously not the fanciest or most reputable or even safest tavern in the city. The common room is dark and dingy, with greasy rushes lining the floor and fish-oil torches casting a smoky haze over the room. A crowd of rather rough-looking men loitering in a dark corner - apparently running an illicit gambling den - puff away on cigars, adding to the cloud of smoke, while a harried serving wench constantly winds her way through the bustle, depositing drinks and food before various visitors: gypsies, tramps, thieves (both off-duty Syndicate and otherwise) all seem common patrons of the establishment, although a familiar face of a city official or a guild secretary can sometimes be glimpsed in the shadows, taking a night off from duties to slum it up. A fireplace dominates one wall, chickens spitted and turning as they cook in rotisserie, and various trinkets adorn its mantle, matching the sundry collection of clutter which hangs from the ceiling - beads and feathers, broken weapons, undergarments, a range of totems, the antlers of a stag, pilfered signs from across the land, more undergarments, fireworks (some ominously undetonated), a boat's rudder, dried herbs, dried flowers, dried husks, a decapitated head or three - the range of objects is baffling and outstanding, each apparently added at random over the years as an extra bit of personal adornment by the tavern's patrons. A constant low thrum of conversation fills the room, sometimes threaded through with the tinny tunes of a wandering musician; the atmosphere is an odd mixture of a rowdy, boisterous pub undercut with the rough, threatening tension of the city's dank underbelly.
A large chest is here, re-purposed from an old keg. A wooden trestle table is here, a long wooden bench and a keg stool have been placed at it. A bar spans one corner of the tavern, painted in bright, eye-catching designs. A dark wooden crate has been set aside here, reeking of booze. 
A cloaked figure is here. Xenia is here. Noelle is here, sprawled upon the floor.
 You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.

Xenia sways drunkenly and falls to the ground in an undignified heap.
Xenia spasms in pain as her drunken body suffers the effects of severe alcohol poisoning.

Kiershu drinks from a solid obsidian tankard with traces of "Liquid Steel".

Xenia takes a drink from a runic vial.

Xenia lapses into a state of unconsciousness.

Xenia spasms in pain as her drunken body suffers the effects of severe alcohol poisoning.

Xenia regains consciousness with a start.

You have emoted: Moirean strides in, a frown on her features. She casually walks over to Xenia and prods at her with her boot.

You leap into the air and launch a flying kick at Xenia.
You connect!

A cloaked figure blinks.

Raising her eyebrow, you say to Noelle, "What is going on?"

Noelle raises her hands defensively, "I warned her." She says, with a frown.

Xenia vomits forth a stream of bile as her body attempts to cleanse itself.

Xenia falls to the ground, dead of massive systems failure, as the demon of the bottle claims her life.
Herself has been slain by Xenia.

Kiershu points a finger at the broken form of Xenia, and suddenly a cloud of darkness engulfs her. The darkness around Xenia fades, and she can be seen breathing once more.

Coldly, you say to Xenia, "Ser, why are you failing at holding your drink?"

Xenia glares at Noelle and tosses a coiled, emerald snake flask back to her. "There, I told you I'd down it all, now go fill it up wit ha real drink."

Noelle numbly catches the flask, smiling wrily.

Xenia blinks and glances up at you and waves her hand, "It's....complicated," she responds after a long pause.

You have emoted: Moirean sternly commands, "Uncomplicate it."

Draiman arrives from the northwest.
He is followed by a ghast.

You have emoted: Moirean suddenly snaps her head sideways, staring at Draiman. "Draiman," she calls, nodding down at a wooden trestle table. "Sit."

Draiman sits down on a keg stool.

Coldly, you say to Xenia, "You sit as well."

Xenia stands up and salutes you, "It's personal Ser, with all due respect, I'll just leave it at a matter of problems when you mix blood and drink," at the last words she glances at Noelle, her eyes narrowing slightly.

Noelle winces, shrinking under the gaze.

With a snort, you say, "I don't want your life story. I want you representing the guild right. When a Carnifex drinks, we drink better than any other."

You have emoted: Moirean nods once at the bartender and turns back to the two seated at the table as the man begins to pour out a rather frightening amount of shots of liquid steel. "You will redeem yourself, Ser," the woman commands.

Xenia slams her hand on the table, "Well if you ask me, downing a full flask of pirate's pleasure, or whatever that fruity drink Ezersebet sells is called, is pretty damn impressive. Even if it did take me to the underhalls," she grumbles.

Calmly, coldly, you say to Xenia, "...without backtalk."

Xenia nods her head sharply and salutes you, "Aye Commander."

Noelle watches quietly, seeming just a tad overwhelmed.

You have emoted: Moirean glances back over her shoulder, nodding in approval as the bartender loads the cups onto a tray. Shimmering azure liquid sloshing out in glimmering puddles, the drinks are carted over to the table and deposited directly between Xenia and Draiman. "You will best Draiman here in a drinking contest," the woman commands in a steely voice.

Draiman says, "Well, this is lovely. Come to see what caused Dhar to think Moirean played a hand in killing Xenia, and somehow get sucked into drinking myself to death."

Echoing, the voice of a ghast says, "Sucks to be you."

Draiman says to a ghast, "No, sucks to be you."

The ghast staggers, falls, and crumbles into dust.

"Peh," says Draiman as he waves his hand in dismissal.

You have emoted: Moirean adds sharply, "If you lose, you will forego the honor of wearing the title "Ser" for three months."

Arching an eyebrow, you say to Xenia, "So. Do not lose."

A cloaked figure says to Draiman, "My wisp doesn't talk back."

A cloaked figure winks knowingly.

Xenia fixes Draiman with a steely stare and nods curtly, "So be it," she says, reaching for a cup.

Draiman starts to wield a strawberry-scented cigar in his left hand.

You have emoted: The bartender stumps away, heading back behind the bar - either to return to work or, more likely, to get out of the 'slash zone'. Moirean grunts and nods. "Begin," she curtly states.

Draiman carefully lights a strawberry-scented cigar.

Draiman takes a long drag from a lit strawberry-scented cigar.

A cloaked figure puts her hands on her hips and goes, "Hmmm!"

Xenia says, "We going drink for drink here?"

Draiman exhales a pale cloud of smoke, redolent with pleasant scents.

Draiman drinks from a battered iron cup full of "Liquid Steel".

Xenia picks up a battered iron cup.

Xenia sips from a battered iron cup of "Liquid Steel".

Xenia sips from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

A fly enters from the northwest and begins buzzing around annoyingly.

Xenia sips the last drops from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

Draiman blinks.

Xenia says, "One cup."

Draiman says, "Pit take you, woman."

Draiman drinks from a battered iron cup of "Liquid Steel".

Draiman drinks from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

You have emoted: Moirean steps back and leans against the bar, watching the contest in chilly silence.

Draiman drinks the last drops from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

Xenia discards the cup on the ground.

Xenia sips from a battered iron cup full of "Liquid Steel".

Draiman rolls his eyes.

Xenia looks at Draiman, "Did you need a break, Drai?" asks, leaning a bit too far forward against the table.

Draiman smirks at Xenia. "I may of been lax in my drinking the last few months, but I'm still going to put you where you belong. Under that table."

Xenia sips the last drops from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

Xenia says, "Seqqond cUp."

Draiman drinks the last drops from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel".

The busty serving wench pauses in her bustling to linger near the table, watching the contest with wide eyes.

Xenia reaches out for a third cup, eying Draiman warily.

Xenia brings the cup to her lips, "You're stalling now," she barks, and begins to drink.

Xenia sips from a battered iron cup full of "Liquid Steel".

Xenia doubles over, vomiting violently.

Draiman says, "Letting my lessss *hic* hrs *hic*  set the pace."

Draiman drinks from a battered iron cup of "Liquid Steel"

"Carnifex..." you can hear the bartender muttering as he slaps at the bar with a greasy rag. "More like 'Harmifex' - tavern'll never get clean again."

Xenia blinks, pukes at the edge of the table, before continuing on her drink.

Xenia says, "Tqiid mmup."

Xenia eats a goldenseal root.

A baleful horn resounds from the depths of the Hunting Grounds as Kaeus enters.

Xenia vomits forth a stream of bile as her body attempts to cleanse itself.

Xenia lapses into a state of unconsciousness

The serving wench lets out a squeal, jumping back from the stream of vomit.

Draiman smirks.

Xenia falls to the ground, dead of massive systems failure, as the demon of the bottle claims her life.
Herself has been slain by Xenia.

Draiman gives a pained sigh.

You have emoted: Moirean's arms fold over her chest and her lips tighten into a straight, unimpressed line. "Revive her," she commands.

Kiershu points a finger at the broken form of Xenia, and suddenly a cloud of darkness engulfs her. The darkness around Xenia fades, and she can be seen breathing once more.

A cloaked figure gives you a respectful salute.

Draiman says to Xenia, "Thhat woulld be me upp bof 2, and yOuu sttill at 0."

Xenia glares at Draiman and waves her hand, "I think that not all of it seeped out."

Eyes narrowing, you say to Xenia, "You are a Ser no longer."

Xenia will now be known as Recruit Xenia.

Xenia frowns sourly at you, "Tis what I deserve, if I can't hold my own in here," she mumbles.

Draiman sways in his chair a bit, looking at Xenia. "Sorry kid."

You have emoted: Moirean pushes away from the bar, striding towards Xenia. Her voice is low, but each word is carefully chosen and easily heard by all in the bar. "You have been toeing the line lately, RECRUIT," she states. "First you storm out of a meeting, and now you sloppily throw your life away to LOSE in a drinking contest."

Xenia stands at attention, her face becoming an expressionless mask.

You have emoted: Moirean lifts her chin and instructs Xenia, "If you are to do something as a Carnifex, you are to do it with STRENGTH, with your entire SOUL." Her gaze slides sideways and her lip curls at the puddle of vomit seeping into the rushes. "Clean this up, and perfect yourself. In three months, there will be a rematch, and you'd better win if you want to regain your title."

You have emoted: Moirean lifts her hand in a sharp salute first to Xenia and then to a cloaked figure, before she quietly asks, "Understood, recruit?"

A cloaked figure returns a stern salute towards you.

"Ser, I understand my orders, Ser" Xenia barks out loudly. "Permission to begin clean up, Ser" she says, bringing her hand up in a salute.

Quietly, you say, "Do you have any objections, recruit?"

Xenia shakes her head, "I will train for this competitoin, Ser".

You have emoted: Moirean nods curtly. "Dismissed, recruit," she snaps and then swiftly strides to the door.

Xenia glances over to Noelle, "Can you do the honors?" she asks, pointing to the pile of mess.

--- Moi leaves ---

And apparently then they set my bar on fire.
DraimanBakhtuhBenedictoJaslineAldricMinarael

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Moirean said:
    Echoing, the voice of a ghast says, "Sucks to be you."

Draiman says to a ghast, "No, sucks to be you."

The ghast staggers, falls, and crumbles into dust.
    I lost it there, nearly woke my husband up laughing.
    SetneLinDraimanAngweXeniaJaslineIosynePeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Draiman is awesome.
    SetneLinDraimanXenia
  • edited July 2013
    This was a fun experience, even though the outcome for Xenia was not the best. I think that it's the negative consequences that can often shape a character's personality and behavior the most. With that in mind, it's fun to see real consequences to my character's behavior, especially when they're for things that I the player don'g assume others would notice! 

Thanks @Moirean, @Draiman, @Kiershu, @Noelle --- That was fun! 

BakhtuhDraimanMoireanMinarael