Short COMBAT Questions

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
edited July 2013 in Sparring Grounds

I realized we didn't have this thread yet and I didn't want clutter the short questions thread with combat lingo so here we are! To start things off, do the Indorani have a skill that disables/lengthens focus balance time? I was fighting Moirean and noticed that after I cured something with focus, I never got balance again for focus and she proceeded to absolutely wreck me due to a bug in my system waiting for the focus line.

Here's a log just before the last time I use focus: http://pastehtml.com/view/d84hg833k.html

Edit: As a point of reference the last use of focus in the log was at this time stamp: 6:43.564

Here's a log of the entire fight: http://pastehtml.com/view/d84hno05s.html

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited July 2013
    Affliction:      Impatience.
    Diagnose:        impatient.
    Cure message:    You are patient once again.

Description:
    Prevents the FOCUS ability and MEDITATION. Decreases the efficiency of the mana elixir by half.

Affliction:      Indifference.
    Diagnose:        indifferent.
    Cure message:    Your focus returns.
    Body part:       Head.

Description:
    You will be unable to eat or drink any consumables. Additionally doubles the mana cost of the FOCUS ability.

You don't have it on you in this log snippet, though, but we can give both through moon tarot. I think that's it, unless there's some weird demon side effect I am missing.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited July 2013

Except I didn't have impatience or indifference. :-/

I had confusion and lethargy. At 6:43.56 I use focus to cure confusion.

You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.

Not once did I get this line after that: Your mind is able to focus once again.

You killed me at: 7:18.399

havenbanner2
    It looks like you gag and sub focus message. I dunno, did something go wrong there? This happened in a few fights in a row right? I guess it might be a bug. I can come hit you with stuff?
    Moirean said:
    It looks like you gag and sub focus message. I dunno, did something go wrong there? This happened in a few fights in a row right? I guess it might be a bug. I can come hit you with stuff?
    Well I posted the entire log too and it was working fine before that point. Didn't have any issues with my other spars either so I'm not sure what happened there. I removed the gag from the trigger now if you're not too busy and want to come test with me.
    havenbanner2
  • What do the following afflictions do?

heartflutter
    superstition
    infested
    blighted

No descriptions in AFFLICT BLAH for them.

• Superstition disables resist rings, heartflutter increases balance times, infested causes the Shaman to not use energy against the target, blighted does damage on movement. Infested/blighted also affect the strength of the omen attack (one of Shaman finishers).

• Haven said:

I realized we didn't have this thread yet and I didn't want clutter the short questions thread with combat lingo so here we are! To start things off, do the Indorani have a skill that disables/lengthens focus balance time? I was fighting Moirean and noticed that after I cured something with focus, I never got balance again for focus and she proceeded to absolutely wreck me due to a bug in my system waiting for the focus line.

Here's a log just before the last time I use focus: http://pastehtml.com/view/d84hg833k.html

Edit: As a point of reference the last use of focus in the log was at this time stamp: 6:43.564

Here's a log of the entire fight: http://pastehtml.com/view/d84hno05s.html

Feeling just a twinge of pride that my prompt plugin is still in active use after all these years.
    Haven
  • Vharen said:
    What do the following afflictions do?

heartflutter
    superstition
    infested
    blighted

No descriptions in AFFLICT BLAH for them.

In addition to increasing the damage of Omen, Infested causes a Shaman's Primality attacks to not use energy  (Boosting and Quicken still do) and Spines causes some fairly solid damage if you move (I think I take about 700 @ 5500hp). Neither can be cured while Premonition is in place.
  • Do any of you have the "You begin writhing" messages quickly available?

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    ^(?:\w+) waves (?:.+) towards you and you are swiftly trapped within a sand cocoon\.$
    You must break free of the sand cocoon you are trapped in before you can do that.
    You are impaled and must writhe off before you may do that.
    Your health continues to drain away as your impaled body shudders on the end of the weapon.
    You are too tangled up in vines to do that.
    ^You are grappling with (\w+) and cannot do that\.$
    You are transfixed and cannot do that. You must writhe to escape.
    ^Feeling your mind suddenly grow cloudy, you feel inexplicably drawn towards (.+)\.$
    You must writhe free of the bonds that have overtaken your will.
    For everything else, there's Mastercard the generic aff_view messages.
  • edited July 2013
    AFFLICT VIEW doesn't have the messages such as "You begin to wrestle the webs clinging to your limbs."

Edit: Proofs

[spoiler]
    Affliction:      Writhe_web.
    Diagnose:        entangled.
    Cure message:    You have writhed free of your bindings.
    Cure message 3p: Niuri has writhed free of Her bindings.

Description:
    Prevents the victim from performing most actions.

Herb:     Nothing.       Slice:       Nothing.
    Salve:    Nothing.       Poultice:    Nothing.
    Smoked:   Nothing.       Tincture:    Nothing.
    Special:  Writhe.
    [/spoiler]

Edit Dos: I can't work these forums. /surrender.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    This is by no means a complete list!
    You begin to wrestle the webs clinging to your limbs.
    You rip at the sticky webbing encasing you.
    You begin trying to wrest your mind free of that which has transfixed it.
    You begin to writhe free from a stalagmite.
    You begin to untangle yourself from the forest vines.
    ^You begin trying to writhe out of the grapple with (\w+)\.$
    You continue trying to free yourself from the grapple.
    ^You begin to writhe furiously to escape the (?:blade|spear|sword\-like snout) that has impaled you\.$
    ^You struggle to escape the blade (?:that|which) has impaled you\.$
    You begin to shake your leg violently, trying to release it from the vicious jaws.
    You begin to struggle free of your entanglement.
    You begin to twist your arm violently, trying to release your armpit from the vicious jaws.
    You begin to twist your neck violently, trying to release it from the vicious jaws.
    You begin to work at the knots in the ropes around your wrists and ankles.
    You exert your will and attempt to writhe free of the vampire's embrace.
    You concentrate intently, desperately seeking to throw off the unnatural attraction from your mind.
    You struggle to escape from a ball of chitinous legs's impalement.
    ^You begin to writhe furiously to escape your impalement from .+\.$
    VharenAmelas
  • Speaking of writhing...

...can anyone see a way for Daru to capitalize on a tfix reliably? It seems like the writhe time on tfix is a bit short, compared to the balance recovery on Tekura's proning abilities - Sweepkick and Jumpkick.

The only thing I can think of is Mind Command Dive, which has a 30 second cooldown.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    It's an outmoded feature these days. I've never used it though I know @kylan/@Asilient used to have a trick with it. 
    Haven
    It's a nice team feature if nothing else.
    havenbanner2
  • Think it would be too op to enable throws to work against a Tfixed person,  in the next liaison round?
  • Macian said:
    Speaking of writhing...

...can anyone see a way for Daru to capitalize on a tfix reliably? It seems like the writhe time on tfix is a bit short, compared to the balance recovery on Tekura's proning abilities - Sweepkick and Jumpkick.

The only thing I can think of is Mind Command Dive, which has a 30 second cooldown.
    I only saw this thanks to Bene highlighting me, but it is what I termed as "party tricks" for most of the tactics with t-fix. Getting transfix cloaked under blackout, timing the palmstrike blindness removal, etc. I mainly used it to get away a good axekick if I thought burst damage might finish them.
    Macian was asking me about ways to capitalize off tfix, and I told him to maybe try that exact thing, but apparently tfix prone wasn't upping axk damage at all when he tested. :/
  • I assume he's talking about it disabling parry.
  • Moirean said:
    Macian was asking me about ways to capitalize off tfix, and I told him to maybe try that exact thing, but apparently tfix prone wasn't upping axk damage at all when he tested. :/
    Hadoryu is right. (Hi, ugly!) I used t-fix purely for parry bypass/dodge prevention.

If you really wanted to be insulting you could go for the behead, I guess.
  • Thanks @kylan - Was thinking that with the new batter setup, and the fact that PMP strips blindness instantly now, it should be a lot easier to tfix.

Another question - what bonuses do stances provide these days? From what I remember:

SCS - Damage, speed
    TGS - Limb damage
    WFS - Accuracy
    PHS - 0.25 seconds faster on telepathy eq time
    BRS - more damaging punches (evoke fire+punch for shield removal)
    CBS - Two kicks, and I think increases avoidance?

The ones  I'm not sure about:
    DRS 
    RTS
    CTS 

(I know no one uses the last two, but don't they increase block fire rates?)
  • DRS has increased block proc rate, but has better speed than TGS with a slightly lower limb damage rate.
    RTS is a weird one. I think it's just a middling bashing stance over EGS.
    CTS has increased block proc rate.

CTS is pretty much crap since you have an incredibly poor accuracy rate.
    Benedicto
  • CTS had its day when the blocks were a bit stronger and you could sit there and kai/telepathy people to death. It was essentially there for the Tsol'aa monk (i.e. mind crush was strong enough back before statpacks, and before everyone was endgame, and CTS let you sit there and take it without slowing your pure damage offense.)

It might have an application in team combat now, where all you do is throw, enfeeble, banish, telepathy or whatever other non-arm/leg balance moves the cool monks do these days, but if I remember right, DRS was only 10% less fire rate so you're probably better off going that way for the versatility.
  • Irruel said:
    CTS had its day when the blocks were a bit stronger and you could sit there and kai/telepathy people to death. It was essentially there for the Tsol'aa monk (i.e. mind crush was strong enough back before statpacks, and before everyone was endgame, and CTS let you sit there and take it without slowing your pure damage offense.)

It might have an application in team combat now, where all you do is throw, enfeeble, banish, telepathy or whatever other non-arm/leg balance moves the cool monks do these days, but if I remember right, DRS was only 10% less fire rate so you're probably better off going that way for the versatility.
    There was also a time (Before prerestoration) where you could slowly build up limb damage, switch to a stance and rack up multiple broken limbs with a quick stance change. The woeful accuracy of CTS and prerestoration rendered that tactic useless, though.
  • Does sunlight_allergy still kill after 30 seconds if the target has the artifact that blocks the effects of the sun on vampires?
  • It should, yes.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013
    I am hoping this does not come across too badly, but does anyone else think Templar is an easy win class.  It appears to be a no brainer as long as you keep hitting with the disrupts, paralysis and a few basic hindering afflictions you can not fail.  Now I have been gone a long time and might be missing something here hence the question to clear up what is causing the class to be called OP by so many people from both sides of the game. Is it just the disrupts or something else?  Also please understand this is not a cry to nerf, more a way for me to see what I can improve perhaps.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited August 2013
    While Templars are indeed a very strong class, and some parts are problematic, overall they aren't a super OP class. They aren't anywhere near as simple as you seem to think either.

Part of the problem is representation. A lot of the best fighters/coders are rolling around in Templar class, hence you see it doing really well. It's not just the class, though it is a great class, but also the people running the class. Templar is also much better against some classes (ie the ones without Fitness) than others.

The only area where I'd say they are overwhelming is in teamfights with multiple ones.
    Saybre
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2013
    Well that is reassuring at least because tweaking code to fight them is something I can do over time. Also yes team fighting them is a huge problem. I have noticed when I fought Benedicto in our -only spar- that it was even for about 2 mins then he just overwhelmed me with huge bursts of afflictions, meaning my curing fall behind just long enough for him to do retribution. The same deal with Kaeus and others, so I guess I need a way to slow them up more perhaps?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Well lucky you, Bloodborn is probably the best class for fighting Templars right now since we have Fitness and can also disable MG by slashing paralysis every round.
    Riluo