Short Questions

Comments

• Why does the "Do not file any issues over a single death" rule exist? Lets be realistic. If I went around in megatroll mode, and started killing people like Eleanor, Erzsebet, etc for no reason other than making up something lame like "Undead scum." I'd probably end up getting shrubbed before I could blink if they were to issue. But it seems like "OMG I ONLY KILLED X PERSON ONE TIME." gets thrown around a lot. 

Delete that guideline, imo. Valid reasons are valid reasons. Invalid reasons are invalid reasons. Invalid reasons shouldn't be justified by such a silly clause. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    InninSwara
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Illidan said:
    Why does the "Do not file any issues over a single death" rule exist? Lets be realistic. If I went around in megatroll mode, and started killing people like Eleanor, Erzsebet, etc for no reason other than making up something lame like "Undead scum." I'd probably end up getting shrubbed before I could blink if they were to issue. But it seems like "OMG I ONLY KILLED X PERSON ONE TIME." gets thrown around a lot. 

Delete that guideline, imo. Valid reasons are valid reasons. Invalid reasons are invalid reasons. Invalid reasons shouldn't be justified by such a silly clause. 
    It's there to discourage people from wasting the Admins' time with frivolous issues. How effective that is? I'm not sure but it's certainly better than not having that in place.

Counter question: what is a valid reason to issue someone over one death?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • This is not a short question, and I can see this derailing fast. Make a new thread. Kthxplz.

AngweKiyotan
  • Can we use research tokens yet?
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    We've been able to use research tokens for the last three months, at least.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Has anyone started testing the eggnog effects yet? I'm trying to decide whether to hold onto it or trade it in.
    Thus far, I have learned of five different buffs: health+, mana+, 10% exp bonus, endurance regen, and willpower regen. Definitely worth keeping, imo.
    Sarita
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Does anyone know how pack rank is determined?

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Crazy complicatedly.  Activity of members, number of members, I THINK bashing and/or PK might be included.  But the biggest thing is doing pack challenges.  That's how Roux's pack is DOMINATING.
  • Is there any way a sort of tradein system could be implemented for coin artifacts, perhaps? After viewing this:

An iron coin artifact
    ---------------------
    One of the following artifacts, as sold by Qeddwyn:
    * A libram of enlightenment
    * A divining skull
    * A signet ring

in HELP GIFTBAGS, I realized that if you've already got any of those items and happen to get one from a giftbag, it's quite literally useless seeing as you cannot trade it in, nor do you receive any sort of benefit to having multiple of those above items.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I was pretty sure you could do tradein on coin artifacts, same syntax as normal. I tried to do it with my flood ring just to see, and it was only worth like 12 credits or something. Not sure, all my powers got moved to one thing, so I can't check.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Arbre said:
    Crazy complicatedly.  Activity of members, number of members, I THINK bashing and/or PK might be included.  But the biggest thing is doing pack challenges.  That's how Roux's pack is DOMINATING.
    Thank you.

• Saybre said:
    I was pretty sure you could do tradein on coin artifacts, same syntax as normal. I tried to do it with my flood ring just to see, and it was only worth like 12 credits or something. Not sure, all my powers got moved to one thing, so I can't check.
    Just went to test it, you get this message: "This artifact does not have a credit value."

That was with libram and flood ring, maybe yours was a weird sort of bug?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Raz said he was working on coding a tradein for iron coin arties. Soon™ .
  • Sarita said:
    Has anyone started testing the eggnog effects yet? I'm trying to decide whether to hold onto it or trade it in.

Kiyotan said:
    Thus far, I have learned of five different buffs: health+, mana+, 10% exp bonus, endurance regen, and willpower regen. Definitely worth keeping, imo.

For what it's worth:

You have the eggnog_crits defence.

Sweet, sweet eggnog.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• It's entirely possible Aldric. That would explain why my combined arti can't do arti tradein anymore. I thought -that- part was just a bug, but it must be because I moved the IC powers. Interesting!
  • Wondering the value of a few items if anyone can tell me please. I am trying to get credits slowly and I have been collecting these things for ages now.

• Bullseye(s)
    • Winged tengu (caged)
    • Grimstim pill(s)

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Mastema said:

Wondering the value of a few items if anyone can tell me please. I am trying to get credits slowly and I have been collecting these things for ages now.

• Bullseye(s)
    • Winged tengu (caged)
    • Grimstim pill(s)
    All of those things are very, very surplus at the moment. With giftbags and chests spitting them out like arcade tickets, they're probably some of the lesser items one could be trying to sell at this point.

That said, they'll all sell -eventually- just find a shopkeep who'll put 'em on sale for you, or advertise on market. Once the holidays die down, and there's a lot less influx, they start to sell.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Zun
  • Bardic Question:

I'm trying to copy/paste my story into the editor, and it does these things;

1) Nearly all my paragraph indents are gone, tab is unusable.-What the heckle. Not all of them, most of them.
    2) The text in 'Preview' shows up as black on a blindingly white background. Am I supposed to change my font to white so it'll show up correctly? I know the site posts it on the regular dark background.
    3) I really hate this new submission way.
    edited December 2012
    Could an admin please review where the minor foci are spawning? A couple months ago, a full sweep of Sapience usually left maybe 2 or 3 foci remaining. Now there's almost always 7 or 8 left over, and there's no logical chance that they all spawned behind me, or that they're all in one or two areas that I missed. Maybe we could get a list of places they definitely do not spawn, like islands, arenas, divine temples, newbie areas, etc?
    DaskalosAmara
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    >> Can we increase their spawn rate?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    They're also spawning in places that are mostly closed off, like Huanazedha and underneath Stormcaller.
    They are no longer spawning in Huanazedha. I can't speak to the other place.
    An ornately-framed mirror

Will alert you whenever someone tries to sense you. Does not reveal who
    did it, and only works on sense skills that are targetted directly on
    you (i.e. farsee, and not scent).

Can this please be made to include use of the Night Eye?
    Am I crazy in thinking we used to be able to shirt/serenity/pulse while off balance?  When did this change?  -Why- did this change?
  • Announce 2079, in the Misc section.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

It changed because of the combat implications.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• EQ based classes were screwed when using it, while Balance classes otherwise weren't. At least, that's my guess. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • You pretty much have it there, yeah. Balance classes got a free get out of trouble card with it, while eq classes got screwed a little. This way it's equal for all classes.

Whelp, turn on your deathsights.