Mudlet Scripts

Recently I started back making a Mudlet system... (since I found a nice font to use) ... So since I cant find this on here yet or I've completely missed it..

Does anyone have any neat Mudlet Scripts to share?

Comments

• edited July 2013

A box to tell you who's in room with you, Following Lins GMCP Help for mudlet...

----------------------------

local BoxWidth = 500

peoplehere_display = Geyser.Label:new({

name = "peoplehere_display",

x = (-BoxWidth - 15), y = 380,

width = BoxWidth, height = "98",

color = "black",

}, layout)

peoplehere_display:setFontSize(8)

peoplehere_display_title = Geyser.Label:new({

name = "peoplehere_display_title",

x = (-BoxWidth - 15), y = 380,

width = BoxWidth, height = "17",

color = "black",

}, layout)

peoplehere_display_title:setFontSize(8)

function refreshPeople()

peopleinroom = {}

for k,v in pairs(gmcp.Room.Players) do

table.insert(peopleinroom, gmcp.Room.Players[k].name)

end

whohere = table.concat(peopleinroom,", ")

peoplehere_display:echo(whohere, "green", "cb")

peoplehere_display_title:echo("People here:", "green", "cb")

end

EDITED: You need to put - refreshPeople() into the prompt to make it trigger off it ..

• edited July 2013
    This is a handy little script for you RP-Hoars out there that use illusions prominently in their roleplay. Since there's actually nothing to show you exactly what your illusion was, it can be very useful:

Alias: 

^ill (.+)$

(Type ill followed by whatever you want to illusion - don't forget a period since they're not automatically added.)

Script: 

send("cast illusion " .. matches[2])

cecho("\n<red>-------------{<white>Illusion<red>}-----------------------------")

cecho("\n<white>You have illusioned: ")

cecho("\n")

cecho("\n<white>" .. matches[2])

cecho("\n<red>----------------------------------------------------")

That's for room-wide illusions. If you're a Syssin you'll just wanna change the 'cast' to 'conjure'.

For targeted Illusions:

Alias:

^illt (\w+) (.*)$

(You'd type illt (short for illusion targeted) followed by the person you're trying to target the illusion at, then what you want to illusion. Same as above.)

Script:

send("cast illusion at " .. matches[2] .. " " .. matches[3])

cecho("\n<red>-------------{<white>Illusion<red>}-----------------------------")

cecho("\n<white>You have illusioned to <orange>" .. matches[2]:title() .. "<white>: ")

cecho("\n")

cecho("\n<white>" .. matches[3])

cecho("\n<red>----------------------------------------------------")

Again, if you're a Syssin you'll wanna change the 'cast illusion' part. For those with telepathy, change that to mind hallucinate (since they can only be targetted) and you'll have it.

Output looks like this: http://htmlpaste.com/fe932330a879b2feca37168d8113ee80beded8db

Oo purrdy colors.

EDIT: Arbre called the orange that the targetted person's name comes up as fugly - that's a simple fix if you want to change it, simply swap <orange> for <whatevercoloryouwant> in the third line of the targetted illusion code.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Illusions show what you illusion these days. 
  • Hrm, the illusion skill in Elemancy I used to test that just now didn't. Maybe it's only the artifact that does, because I'm fairly certain that mind hallucinate doesn't either.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I remember the old forums had a fun little random staffcast script that I used to use for bashing just to change things up a bit. Here's one for Mudlet!

Pop this into your bashing attack alias:

local staffcasts = {"horripilation", "scintilla", "lightning", "dissolution"}

local randomStaffcast = math.random(#staffcasts)

send("staffcast " .. staffcasts[randomStaffcast] .. " at " .. yourtargetvariablehere)

and huzzah!

Draiman
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    You are the man. I was too lazy to look up how to do random for this.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland