That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• edited April 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk4V43m0TDs

Dishonored: all the different ways you can ruin a lovely party! (spoilers and rated M for Mature -- NSFW, as you should probably know)

@Lin: the Crestfallen Warrior. If it's any consolation, you kill him later on anyway and he gives you nothing. I suggest abstaining from here on in killing non-hostile NPCs, however. Oh, and watch out for the Dark Knights.

@Moirean: Demon's Souls let you be a little more verbal with your messages than Dark Souls in your example, but you can leave false messages in Dark Souls! Examples are things like, "Treasure ahead", "friend ahead", "try falling" (there's lots of areas where you can drop down for amazing items, etc)
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Or just leave the always appropriate message of PRAISE THE SUN!
  • My favorite: "Try jumping"

oh god so trolly.

Zun
  • Didn't think I'd enjoy Persona 4 Golden so much. No, it's pretty much amazing. Also the opening is so hilariously ANIME.

Angwe
  • Dat Goon thread.

• Oh dear god. Be still my heart. I've been wanting a new Guilty Gear for so long even though I am absolute crap at fighting games.
    AtrapoemaSeir
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2013
    Awww yiss. Time to get my Ky Kiske on.

Edit: Although, I may re-consider with that god awful ponytail of his now. I SAW AN EDDIE THOUGH.
  • edited May 2013
    Also, Persona 4 is still absolutely amazing. I didn't think I'd really enjoy it, but man--I was 50 levels of wrong. Ni no Kuni was a great jRPG, but something about P4 is tickling my brain in a way I didn't expect. I chalk that up mostly to Kanji at this point.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    /me Some mods are more skilled than other mods.
    SetneArbreSeirHaven
  • rofl

• This summarizes the height of my gaming experience. Thanks, @Razmael.
    RhoTokAngwe
  • I was harping on about P4G way before Raz started playing it. Poseurs.
  • ADAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCHHHHHIIIII!!!!!!!
  • Ezrax said:
    ADAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCHHHHHIIIII!!!!!!!

All Adachi, all the time.
    Ezrax
  • I want to crush Tarot cards whilst screaming PERSONA!!! in Aetolia as I summon my Chaos Entities.
    God Gaben makes me so happy. He really is like video game Jesus.
  • So I bought Skyrim finally. It had a big discount and I felt bad for pirate-playing it for so long.
    Aarde
  • Please steam sale responsibly

DraimanHaernIosyneAarde
  • I highly recommend Hotline Miami, by the way. I had it long before this sale and I am really looking forward to Hotline Miami 2. Great visuals and music; very visceral all around. I am absolutely terrible at the game, but it's a real blast.

Here's Ryan (who I miss so damn much) and Patrick from Giantbomb playing it on one of their Quick Looks if you wanna get a taste of it.

• Just got Shin Megami Tensei IV in the mail.

LAW OR CHAOS?
    LinAtrapoema
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I'm all sorts of confused from that gif.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Arbre
    I'm playing through Dragon Age after all these years! I actually intend to beat it this time.

• I bought the Ultimate edition about a year ago, fully intending to also beat the game. I sat it aside because the El Paso heat made gaming miserable, and I've not touched it since. Way to remind me I have an even bigger backlog than I care to remember. /shakefist
    Lin
    Do a playthrough! It's not Dragon Age unless you play a female Warden so you can woo Alistair.
    PiperAtrapoema
  • Pretty sure I rolled the manliest Dwarf ever. Because the only way to play is to activate MANMODE and awkwardly seduce Alistar.
    LinPiper