Multi-class Flavor Skills

edited December 2012 in Idea Box
(Disclaimer: First time I've posted a new topic. If it looks awful. I'm sorry :( )
Few Ideas for Multi-classing to become more flavorful. I.e. Small incorporations across class, so it doesn’t seem like just a button is pushed to switch, but more of a full mindset and focus.

I propose that the other classes you have (depending on skill in each) you would gain ‘universal’ skills, that would be useable regardless of which class you are in, adding to the overall flow of the game. Nothing combat breaking, primarily RP based.

I would go further and say you could only pick -1- flavor per class as an option as well.

http://justpaste.it/1lww

I apparently forgot to do one for my -main- class, Templars too. Silly me.

(Feel free for input for the classes I don't have. Carnifex, Consanguine, Bloodborn, Shaman, Indorani, Cabalist, Teradrim Sentaari (Just needs Kaido flavor)
LinHavenAxai

Comments

• Templars:
    Trans Battlefury: Your mastery of your chosen weapon carries over in other classes. I.e. You are proficient in that weapon at all times. (Not mastery bonuses, however.)

Trans Bladefire: FURY - Useable once per day, you will gain a visible rage. Your attacks will hit for 5% more against mobs, but will take 15% more damage. Lasts for 2 minutes.

Trans Righteousness: AURA REPLENISH - Useable once per month (1 RL Day) You may surround yourself with an aura that regenerates endurance and willpower. Fades after 30 seconds.

Not 100% on these ones. Our skills don't lend much for flavor that I can ascertain, really.
  • Bonuses to players for having multiple classes that persist outside of their active class are very unlikely to happen. The major perk of multiclass is being able to switch your active class; rewarding players beyond that for owning numerous classes is a precedent that we do not want to set.

AldricAzrael
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2012
    I really, really want the above suggestions. Edit: Meaning Alexina's.

I don't want there to be any real tangible bonus to the abilities - but I'd love if there were ways to interact with what could be extremely important aspects of personal rp regardless of your current profession.

Dain often enters stances while practicing luminary class, and I -could- emote the whole kata, if I really wanted, but.. that just one class. I would -love- if his angel was a minipet type ent that could be emoted at and such. I'd even be cool with said pets dispersing at the first aggressive action, if that was some weird worry.

Edit2 - I don't consider the ability to interact with a profession insofar as rp flavor is concerned to be a bonus of multiple classes. It's a matter of practicality - a guy who's a plumber for thirty years and then takes up carpentry doesn't suddenly forget what his old tools do, even if he's not as good at using them as he used to be. I have the same annoyance at not being able to AB <whatever> for a profession I hold when it's not active, but that's probably another thing.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Teradrim and golems too - similar to angels.

Syssin signs, for sure. This should be added in similar to how lycans can understand the feral tongue even though they can't speak it (Though, once Lycans can mutate even while out of class, they should be made to speak it too, I think).

I would get the lycan class just to shapeshift.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Mutated lycans -have- to speak it. When in lycanthrope form, you aren't given the option. That should stay. It amuses me.
    Arbre
  • I cannot agree enough with Alexina... I have been wanting this since multiclass came out!!
    imageimageimage
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I have to disagree with Magi classes being able to fold in different classes based purely on Achaean expectations. It would be difficult to attack a master crystal if a phased Syssin were constantly folding pearls into it.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    It would be difficult attacking a master crystal, period, because of how raiding works in Aetolia. I don't even think there is a way to attack master crystals. Not to mention that it sounds incredibly grieftastic. If it did turn out to be an issue anyway, why not simply disable phased folding?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's been done before, and it's usually not hard at all, depending on the activity of the Ascendril/Sciomancers at the time.
    AmaraXavinArbre
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Gods yes please to the mutating as Lycanthrope, you are still a Lycan by race
  • Alexina said:
    It would be difficult attacking a master crystal, period, because of how raiding works in Aetolia. I don't even think there is a way to attack master crystals. Not to mention that it sounds incredibly grieftastic. If it did turn out to be an issue anyway, why not simply disable phased folding?
    Unfortunately, raiding master crystals seems to be the crux of ascendril/sciomancer conflict, when there's conflict at all.

Amara
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited December 2012
    Xavin said:
    Alexina said:
    Unfortunately, raiding master crystals seems to be the crux of ascendril/sciomancer conflict, when there's conflict at all.
    Personally I'm envious that the Magi even have a guild conflict mechanic at all.  :-<
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Angwe
  • Being able to fold pearls into crystal/touch crystal would be fine for mages in another class, basically so you don't just leave a pile of pearls in the GH. Refine should require you to be in the class though.  For the most part, if skills like this went in, they'd have to have essentially zero combat application and should just be there for RP or ease of use.
    AmaraPiperMilvushina