Post your Screen!

DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore ExtraordinareRolling amongst piles of credits.
edited December 2012 in Tech Talk

One of my favorite threads from the old forums, post your screen - for desktop modification I'm using a combination of Stardock, Fences, and Rainmeter. 

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Comments

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I don't understand why this thread is interesting. Pictures of your character? Sure. Pictures of the player? Okay. Pictures of your desktop and/or MUD client? ...why?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    ZunMacavityValenaeLunaAngwe
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Eh, if you don't like the thread, feel free not to post. But the last one had, what, 70+ pages on it? Seems like -some- people are interesting, Kiyotrollan.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

HavenKiyotanAzraelAarde
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Kiyotan said:
    I don't understand why this thread is interesting. Pictures of your character? Sure. Pictures of the player? Okay. Pictures of your desktop and/or MUD client? ...why?
    Desktop backgrounds can be pretty telling about someone. Plus some people just want to show off their MUDclient creative talent. I remember Lin having this awesome set up for Mudlet that was pretty inspiring the last time this thread popped up.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Daskalos said:

Eh, if you don't like the thread, feel free not to post. But the last one had, what, 70+ pages on it? Seems like -some- people are interesting, Kiyotrollan.

I think you mistake a genuine question for trolling.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited December 2012
    If a user has any hint of a clue how to play the game, they tend to create their system such that it will feed them information in a useful manner. We all process this information in different ways, and so our system is sculpted to fit our needs. This thread is useful because it gives players an idea of how they can modify their system to better fit those needs.

Also, inb4 needlessly displaying AIM windows and MP3 players.

Here's Razorbird, formally known as "Langrisser". I sort of started the process of fancying it up, visually, but never found the time for it.

IllikaalAngwe
  • edited January 2013
    I love these types of threads. 
    Akimoto
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Not a screen showoff per se, but I eventually did build that custom login screen!

It cycles through 68 quotes at present :>
    VharenSetneMinaraelAngwe
  • edited July 2013
    Still a WIP, but it's getting there. Gonna clean up the prompt once I'm satisfied with which gauges I want, list info I need goes in the bottom left of the stat window, binary status stuff in the status bar, and obviously fix up the supply counter.

Edit: And ignore the capitalized Lifevision >.> Haven't gotten to cleaning up the defense message stuff cause of other crap breaking.

• Completely unsurprising that your target is woman. 
    imageimage
    PiperPeriluna
  • He aims to please.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArbrePeriluna
  • edited October 2013
    Unsure if this is still active but Thought to post my screen  since I been bored most of the week designing this (with help from a few people on mudlet forums)

where it is!

MastemaMoireanJensenEzalor
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @azton I like the people and mobs here windows, something I've been missing.
  • You all make me jealous, I wish I knew how to do stuff like that :(

• edited October 2013
    Irruel said:
    No map?
    @Irruel I know all aetolia hunting areas of by heart, WHY should I have a map on my liccle 15inch monitor (laptop) I got no room for a map but I can code it in so I can do map on/off and make it go where my comm window is.... but personally I really dont need a map, I can do MAP if I wanted to see one...

Also I changed the buttons as them ones I stole from mudlet forums but finally dugout my own which better represent the buttons its ment to be used for :P 

@Jensen the mob window goes a different color, yellow for huntable mobs, purple for guards and white for all the other mobs which cant be killed and RED for honor mobs (think red works not tested it yet as just got back from being away)

I also posted the 'peoplehere' window in another topic, think it was about mudlet coding... but it doesnt change color depending on the person like the one in the pic does

Jensen
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    My screen is incredibly boring. I included a bit of PK to show the color scheme I am using now that I am trying out this fancy affliction tracking stuff. I track all my chat and notes in a half-size tabbed window next to cmud, so I can totes read forums/etc while I bash.

So. Yeah. Boring. I kinda want to add more stuff (like I made a fancy interactive map, at one point), but I always find myself tunnelvisioning onto the center of the screen most of the time - I'm the same way in WoW, I move everything to the center of my screen in my UI there, too.

I might work on adding a dynamic display for limb damage on my targets or something like that. That could be helpful, maybe!
  • @moirean
    I've been doing a touch screen ui and placing it over the top of the main text output. The buttons being large and transparent enough that I can read the main text through them. So far I've got a limb display mode and a direction/compass display mode (to make it easier to shoot, trap, drag, and in general fight in more than a single room). Also a 'none' mode because even as transparent as it is, it gets a bit annoying.

The idea partly being because I am soon downgrading my screen size (otherwise known as buying a tiny little featherweight 11-13" ultrabook) and this is the only screen realestate that will be available then), but also because, like you, I don't really 'see' information around the edges of the screen, especially mid-fight. Placing it in the middle though?

I'll post a screenshot here soon, but I only just got it working yesterday and I still need tweak it a bit more first.
    Moirean
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I would love to see the screens of a few gods...

Anyone??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I think it'd be cool if they stole some of these ideas for their flash/java client. Ever since I heard that some prominent PKers made their career on the game client, I cannot help but consider doing the same.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I misread it as 'beat with Pilar' and that was a frankly hilarious mental image for a moment.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

ArbreMoireanSetnePeriluna
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Oh no, that's a typo. It should be Beat With Pilar.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Ivoln such a cop out!!!  lol   
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited October 2013
    This is on my laptop (my bigger of my laptops). On my desktop I have a bit more freedom with my 23" dual screens. Wish there was a way to make buttons less..boxy in CMUD and be able to do the pretty stuff you can do in Mudlet and whatnot. But Lua be damned!

Got your back! - Slyphe
    Irruel said:
    @moirean
    I've been doing a touch screen ui and placing it over the top of the main text output. The buttons being large and transparent enough that I can read the main text through them. So far I've got a limb display mode and a direction/compass display mode (to make it easier to shoot, trap, drag, and in general fight in more than a single room). Also a 'none' mode because even as transparent as it is, it gets a bit annoying.

The idea partly being because I am soon downgrading my screen size (otherwise known as buying a tiny little featherweight 11-13" ultrabook) and this is the only screen realestate that will be available then), but also because, like you, I don't really 'see' information around the edges of the screen, especially mid-fight. Placing it in the middle though?

I'll post a screenshot here soon, but I only just got it working yesterday and I still need tweak it a bit more first.
    I'd love to see some screenshots of this.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited October 2013

Three. Screens. <3

You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    MinaraelIvolnKatszia
    suffix Oleis the God of Swag
    I can't make it bigger. :/
  • After careful analysis, Oleis is the source of bugs. He(?) thought he was being clever by pinking out the mudlet screen - BUT! They neglected to conceal where they were working on adding new bugs (see the tabs on the far left screen).

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Moirean said:
    I can't make it bigger. :/
    Click the "image has been resized" link at the bottom.
    Moirean