MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Why didn't it storm when I was in PA recently. I miss east coast storms. Over here in OR we rarely get lightning and thunder.
    imageimage
    Aryanne
  • I rage that we've evidently got tons of Aetolians from PA, and yet I haven't met a single one of them :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm not from PA I just work out in Sayre a lot for clients
  • Aldric said:
    I rage that we've evidently got tons of Aetolians from PA, and yet I haven't met a single one of them :(
    I feel ya. I keep finding out more people live in OR/WA, and -nothing-

• Aryanne said:
    Aldric said:
    I rage that we've evidently got tons of Aetolians from PA, and yet I haven't met a single one of them :(
    I feel ya. I keep finding out more people live in OR/WA, and -nothing-
    -perks up- I haven't encountered a whole lot of IRE players in this area. I might be enticed into a meet, particularly if other people are board gamers as well as text gamers. I miiight even be able to convince Vharen to socialize with people.
    imageimage
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Aldric said:
    Unless you're in Philadelphia, or able/willing to travel to here, and I have a way to get to a possible meet, we'd never meet. The closest Aetolian to me is Areka and even then, she lives either a train/bus, trolley, or long bus ride away. If I were to acquire some money at some point, I'd be more than happy to have a meet, and I do know some people from Lusternia who live in Philly or at least PA.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • edited July 2013
    I'm in Lancaster actually, which is only.. hmm, hour and a half away from Philly? I'd attend a Philly Aet meet in a heartbeat if we were to have one. Could hit up the Mutter Museum, grab some cheese steaks.. aww man.

EDIT: Somebody really needs to bring that map back that the old forums had with the general location of most Aetolians, that was fun. I know for others in PA we have Shiari, Xavin, Aren.. uh.. few others I think. Kaeus, if I remember correctly, is pretty close to the border. Seir too maybe?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    My brother lives in Lancaster, but Seir is in Baltimore I believe, but if I can get some money, I'd be up for a Philly/PA Aet meet yeah. If it were to happen, we are legally required to go to Reading Terminal Market.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • I would totally drive up for a meet, especially if Reading Terminal Market is involved! I'm about 15-20 minutes NE of Baltimore, so it isn't a terrible drive.
  • Rage at the fact that the mist defences drop at logout, which, combined with the fact the microwave kills my internet, means I get about 30 mins a use. -_-
    Daskalos
  • edited July 2013
    Today I went to every bakery in town and applied to be a baker/cake decorator. I have two years of bakery experience, which yeah, isn't a lot. After getting very limited responses and a definite no, I went to the last place on the list and the lady said, "You have the prettiest eyes and I can tell you have a good soul! Sure, we'd be happy to have you in the kitchen. How does volunteering one day a week sound?!" I was torn between wanting to laugh and wanting to punch something. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Sessizlik
  • You know, if your home area is flooded and you tell me the water is up to your knees, why the unicorns would we send out a tow truck? Cars can be swept away in less than 2 feet of water. You hihosie your ass to safe ground, fuck your car. We don't want to get the tow trucks bogged in a flood too!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • It is too dang hot to think, I still have another 8k ish words to write before tomorrow morning, and I can't seem to manage simple communication either.

And my car is still broke so if I want dinner I have to walk to the store to get it. 

Grumble. 

imageimage
  • Fucking pneumonia. Fuck this fucking pneumonia.
  • Grandmother has been in the hospital since last week with some sort of kidney and pancreas thing. The doctors thought she was getting better. Now they have to have her on oxygen. Really worried.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Got rained out from the Jarrod Niemann concert halfway through and missed fireworks altogether.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I feel like I'm 16 again, because all I could think about while out last night and chilling with my friends today was Aetolia and being angry that I couldn't play. I was also angry that I wanted to play instead of hang out with my friends. I'm so confused, I need halp. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanEsperEzalor
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've had some bad luck on this trip. First I got a cold, losing my voice because of it. Kind of difficult to hold lessons and teach then. A week later, the same thing happens again. I probably never really recovered and I'm not used to the weather here in the UK.

However, just as my voice returns the second time, some unicorn on the bus stomps on my toe. He hit it at a very bad angle too, so now it's broken.  :(
    And we're going to Stonehenge, Salisbury and Bath this weekend (i.e. lots of walking on the schedule).

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Life. Just...everything.
    DraimanPeriluna
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    My car got towed for being illegally parked (one of those things where everyone does it and I just happened to get caught..) and I had to shell out $180 for it. 

That was $180 I was supposed to spend at IronCon/Vegas!  Rawr! 
  • Financial aid departments in schools that don't process your documents that you send to them in order to get your financial aid so you can sign up for classes. Instead, they continue to send you notices about still needing said documents, even though you stood there and watched them stamp them and say you're good to go!

AryanneValenae
  • They're obviously trying to extort sexual favors from you. Sue!

Also, I'm mad for Lin at the team in the LoL game he's playing right now :(

• I was invited to an event at my boyfriend's friend's house for a late 4th of July party. These boys (they weren't 'boys', probably in their twenties but do to their lack of maturity and respect they've earned the title 'boys') came over and with a bottle of vodka in one hand, fireworks in the other, they were participating. By 'participating' I mean they were throwing bottlerocks up in the air and letting them explode. After they'd had a bit to drink they started throwing them at each other and at the cars. I went to the owner and told him what was going on and he just shrugged. My boyfriend communicated that he wasn't comfortable with it because at this point they had hit the side of the house, a powerline and had come pretty close to hitting my car. He just said there wasn't a lot he could do and that boys would be boys. I said that may be true but I'm still not comfortable with them hitting my car. Anyway, I stepped down off the porch and was attempting to say something to them again and ANOTHER ONE zoomed right past my car. This time I lost my temper and said, 'Listen - if one of those hits my car, I'm going to f--- you up'. My boyfriend suggested that we drive the car around and eliminate the problem all together so we did and the one who was the most drunk thought it would be funny to shoot one over the house, effectively aiming at my car. I walked around the house and I don't remember what I said but Stabs grabbed me by the waist and started getting me to go in the house. We ate dinner and immediately left, not staying for the fireworks. I told him he could go back but I'm hanging out at home. 

tl;dr: Immature people and the people who enable them. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Aryanne
  • Nola said:
    Financial aid departments in schools that don't process your documents that you send to them in order to get your financial aid so you can sign up for classes. Instead, they continue to send you notices about still needing said documents, even though you stood there and watched them stamp them and say you're good to go!

This! Holy mother of interactions - this!!

Aryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Poor linfini just got to watch me heatstroke out in front of him. Poor me for heatstroking. :(
  • Don't DO that!
    AryannePiperJasline
  • what's going on? This makes me feel funny inside...
    SessizlikPerilunaAryanne
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Change back! All this White is scary!
    SetnePerilunaTeaniKerrynAngweAryanneJasline