Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
edited July 2013 in Idea Box
Since the IDEAS command tends to be a way to simply keep track of ideas (and a graveyard for them!), recreating this thread from old forums.

Current Idea: a GODSLIST or for HELP GODS to be updated and kept updated with more pertinent information about the Gods and their Orders. It could be similar to the Houses list, in that actively-tended god roles would be marked as such, inactive roles evident, possibly have some notice of the general order size at the time being (large, moderate, small), if there's an order head active, and possibly what 'stance' the God has taken (IE Aggressive, indifferent, scholastic, etc).
AldricKiyotanMastemaKogXavinCiarelleAmaraTahlOrisaeAeireonAngweZunLiancaInfin

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    And just posting more of mine because they make me sad, seeing them all lonely in my list.

- CITY LASTLOGIN <person> for city council and CL,  to keep track of waking times of ministers, aides and each other.

- A toggle for forged goods that notes if it's mechanically useable, or simply a prop item. This would remove/shittify weapon stats so that it is unable/mechanically enforced to be unfeasible for combat, to allow some flexibility with ceremonial or RP things and keep combat combat.

- A shop to get engraving/embroidery done at a fee-per-item, on a similar basis as the titling shop or Sven's shop (accessible without the artifact/lesson investment but still costs).

- I'd love a discussion on this - A way for GUILD ENEMYing to actually mean something and be useful, at least in terms of guild security.
    The ideas so far are a.) A passive damage-toll on enemies in the guild hall, be it physical damage, some kind of hinderance, etc. the second is b.) An actively-initiated hall defense (So we can all be Professor McGonagall - protect our school, etc) that would require balance and equillibrium to use, investable power (damage, enemy-splitting, a safe-room, etc).
    - A way to TRYOUT different statpacks. Example, TRYOUT DEXTROUS - 'your new stats would be 4800 health, 4900 mana, 22630 endurance', etc. TRYOUT DEXTROUS STRIKE 'With your current armaments, you would: With a steady hand, you batter a test dummy with a Basilican mace. Damage done: 325. You thurst a tower shield into a test dummy, striking it fiercly. Damage done: 420, blunt. Balance used: 3.75 or whatever it was be (same flavour as emlist and emshow emote to see it without doing it, to better inform reincarnating options).

- For GMs to have the option for a weakfavour (equiv of a Sec) and strongfavour (bit more mmph behind it, similar to how current GM favours are), to allow more flexibility when people earn new ranks - either can only use one favour total a month, or use one of each, but maybe not on the same person, if there needs to be a safety check.
    KiyotanLinXavinYuukiInfinValenae
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2012
    Nevermind.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Kiyotan said:
    - Remove the requirement of a tinderbox from Woodlore's BUILD CAMPFIRE if the person is capable of using FireBreath. Assuming, of course, that Campfire is going to remain in Woodlore after the Sentinel revamp.
    Or Illumination, for that matter. For campfires, cigarettes, pipes, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Angwe
    They said no for pipes because the aim isn't that good, though for larger things, it would nice to see it expanded (I love that I can firebreath a forge to life!).
    Erzsebet
    - To be able to WARES (craftskill), to see all of something in that skill in a shop, rather than having to do a bunch of searches by item-type. IE: WARES COOKING would show all cooking items.

- For WEAPONLIST to also show what is in weaponbelts, like keylist does for keyrings.

AldricZunAmaraYuukiLiancaErzsebet
  • WTELLS or WTELLS FULL for webs would be awesome, like you have for clt, ct, gt and so on. Not everyone can keep up with what is being said at all times and things are easily missed.

IlyonOrisaeYuukiLadranaAarde
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Webs aren't like clans. They are recycled each time one is closed and created. I don't think a WEBTELLS command is in the cards.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    RivasZunYuukiLadrana
  • Areka said:
    - To be able to WARES (craftskill), to see all of something in that skill in a shop, rather than having to do a bunch of searches by item-type. IE: WARES COOKING would show all cooking items.

I really, really like this idea.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Allow PATH FIND to work to major monuments (ie PATH FIND SPINESREACH) without having to be within a certain nearby area, replacing the WALK TO command.

And, on that note, let's remove the area restriction for path finding to room numbers.

Adding onto Kiyotan's note about the library, it'd be great if we could LIBRARY SEARCH (author/term), but I don't know how feasible that is.

YuukiLadrana
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Kiyotan said:
    - Isn't it about time we were able to use the LIBRARY CATEGORY <category> command and view only the books in that particular category?
    I think you can use LIBRARY CATALOG (category) for that.
    Axai
  • Might be a good idea to change the bardic things from being related to Iosyne. Just a thought <_<
    LinDaskalosIosyneZunAmaraYuukiLadrana
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Was just thinking that. Kind of Omei's gig, now!
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Let's make them the Bardic/Artisanal Fellowships of Galleus. Tribute.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    YuukiLadranaLiancaValenae
  • Pretty sure it's been mentioned before buuuut.

Forgeable Helms. Provide -zero- protection, but can be 'opened' and 'closed' should they be designed with a visor. Would be really awesome for knights, or even things like stag helms, etc for other characters. I typically emote having one/taking one off if I feel the need, but having a hard coded one would be neat, especially since you could set it down somewhere.
    OrisaeLinZunAmaraYuukiShaieErzsebet
  • Quite a niche request, but - letting guildmasters be able to SET rank.

This would be more efficient than having to bump people up slowly and having to call your friends, and your friends' friends, and your friends' friend's parents to help guild favour your members up to the appropriate rank.
    YuukiXavinCiarelleAngweErzsebet
    Roleplay Liaisons, don't want that one to get lost in the archivin' shuffle.

Like Liaisons, but for RP/Lore/Culture/Getting org attention/events/and rum.
    LinZunAmaraXavinAngweInfin
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Can we have some kind of quest that allows you to change your endgame race? Some people still want to be Yeleni on the good team or something, even if all the Gods don't seems to care about it. Some of us (hi!) are purists up in this (beep)!
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Alistaire said:
    Can we have some kind of quest that allows you to change your endgame race? Some people still want to be Yeleni on the good team or something, even if all the Gods don't seems to care about it. Some of us (hi!) are purists up in this (beep)!
    So many mixed feelings about this. I personally want the rp that goes along with the changing from Azudim to Yeleni. However, it is disheartening to feel as if the Gods don't care about helping the few players that do want it. I worry a quest will cheapen the event and then there are those that will just switch a million times. But at the same time I feel the frustration at waiting and hoping a God will take pity on you and help you out.

Xavin
    I think it's also a matter of the reasoning and handling of wanting the change. This 'purism' is super outdated, even if the IG messages about Azudim haven't been udpated with the lore/meaning of the race.  Now that Azudim is no longer bad or an abomination and is the other end of the cycle to Yeleni (death vs life, not to be confused with undeath), it does and should require more to change it than a costume change. 

So in addition to that - could we get some updated messages for Azudims? 
  • When using an item in an emote, can we have three things: - The item is colored according to our CONFIG COLOR ITEMS and not EMOTES. - If the item is preeceded by an article, trim the article from the item. (eg: 'emote strums his $lute violently' wouldn't show as: Zun strums his a birch-wood lute violently.) - Thirdly, if MXP is enabled, allow us to click the item to view it.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we bring back undeath/necromancy's negatives effects on the environment? I know it was a minimal thing (hell, we don't even really need the mechanical effect) but the flavor was nice and helped enforce why such things are bad.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    YuukiLadranaAngwe
  • 1) An 'ADOPT <person> AS CHILD' option for same-sex couples who still want a child/children. And a separate file to go with it. Such as, instead of BLOODLINE SHOW <person> you can do FAMILY SHOW <person> which would list each relative as 'Blood' or 'Adopted', and another file that would show only adopted family.

2) Don't take my rockharvest/crush. I mean it. Just D'Awwing that out there.

3) I just want to restate Kiyotan's Diamond idea. Crushing rocks for diamond dust would be amazing. And would also give me more incentive to stop whining about Rockharvest/Crush getting taken and make me get my butt up and bash Yuuki to Azuzu and beyond.

4) Sentinels shouldn't be able to do a catapult in every room. Every-other room would be better. Allowing them to do it in every room lets them pretty much catapult you into a city you're enemied to.  Not cool. ((And if I'm not mistaken, it's breaking an Aetolia rule similar to mind wrenching, braziering, and luring people into enemy cities?))
    Ladrana
  • Also, I just thought of maybe being able to "ROCKHARVEST <colour>" so you can specify which colour you want and not have an OMG abundance of inks you'll just drop when you log/die if your cache is full. But still have ROCKHARVEST <colour> randomly pop a diamond dust rock is you do decide to allow Diamond Dust rocks.

Just saying
    Ladrana
  • I know this was brought up in the old ideas thread but...more endgame races. Specifically - ones tied to city and/or gods. They wouldn't even by necessity have to have special commands/messages for their racial powers, they could just use the defaults - Azudim messages for Bloodloch, Idreth for Spines, Yeleni for Enorian, and maybe a new fourth endgame race for Duiran?

(Yes, I know there are technically four endgame races already but Ankyrean hardly counts since there's only one)

YuukiHavenArbreLadrana
  • Xavin said:
    I know this was brought up in the old ideas thread but...more endgame races. Specifically - ones tied to city and/or gods. They wouldn't even by necessity have to have special commands/messages for their racial powers, they could just use the defaults - Azudim messages for Bloodloch, Idreth for Spines, Yeleni for Enorian, and maybe a new fourth endgame race for Duiran?

(Yes, I know there are technically four endgame races already but Ankyrean hardly counts since there's only one)
    Ankyrean is for the city of Mazzion.
    HavenLadrana
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Xavin said:
    I know this was brought up in the old ideas thread but...more endgame races. Specifically - ones tied to city and/or gods. They wouldn't even by necessity have to have special commands/messages for their racial powers, they could just use the defaults - Azudim messages for Bloodloch, Idreth for Spines, Yeleni for Enorian, and maybe a new fourth endgame race for Duiran?

I like the idea of more endgame races but I'd rather they not be tied in specifically tied to any one city beyond how Idreth is tied to Spinesreach currently (in that their Cabal were the ones to rediscover the method first). I'd much prefer alternate endgame races be rewards for great feats/events like how the Ankyrean one was. Like for winning an abundance of Order Wars Haern rewards his Order members an optional path to become <insert new endgame race here> after attaining a certain rank.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I sort of want quest-races. They had these in a few other muds and they were awesome.

Basically, go to Llazuth and tell her 'hi, I want to be a chiav strider', and she'll ask you to do a bunch of stuff.

Go to the Chaos Plane, tell someone 'hi, I want to be an evil demon', and they'll be like 'okay, go here and here and do these things for us'.

I could make up a dozen new races just like this.

Ooh, valkyries please.
    YuukiHavenAmaraLinLadranaStrung
  • Still want Lycan sub-race... that is all.

HavenAmaraArbreZunSaybreLunaLadranaAngwePeriluna