Artisanal/Bardic Discussion

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited December 2012 in Harpy's Head Tavern
A thread to talk about the latest artistic entries from Aetolians! I'd like to think that we can accept constructive criticism in this thread too, though I'm sure I don't have to say that you need to play nice or this thread will go nowhere fast.

For instance, I'm a pretty big fan of Konnorn's "Burn!"

Sure, it's got a lot of technical issues. Konnorn seems to have gotten bored of the pic after doing Haven, so the background could be a lot better. But Haven's maniacal, gleeful laugh is infectious, and he looks like Ganondorf! I thought this was a pretty fun picture.

Edit: Also please don't link the full-size images! Some of us are browsing on small windows or phones. It's best to link the small(ish) thumbnail on the art entry's page.
KiyotanOrisaeValenae

Comments

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Holy crap, he DOES look like Ganondorf! All he needs is red hair and a receding hairline.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • I love that picture. I think Haven looks like a bona-fide Disney villain in it, and I mean that in the best of all possible ways. Just... incredibly, single-mindedly insanely evil, but so endearing at the same time. 

Man, I envy and worship you all with talents like this, who can bring people, places and happenings from Aetolia to life in such vivid images.
    HavenValenae
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited December 2012
    Iiiii think a better format for this thread would be the artists volunteering their own stuff and specifically asking for critique if they want it (or just general pleasant words if that more floats their boat).

Some people get prickly about that and this thread could be a big source of badfeels if anyone who has the balls to do an artisanal is also having to open themselves up to comments they potentially didn't particularly want.

IosyneKonnornKiyotanArekaSaybreLin
  • I hate, hate, hate doing backgrounds, so it's not that it could be better, it's just that I don't want to put all the energy into doing backgrounds. That's pretty much the best background I've done, and I'm very pleased with it. But thanks for all the compliments!

But I agree with Eleanor. Let those who want criticism to post their pics. I sometimes have difficulties taking criticism, even constructive, because of extremely low self esteem and always pushing myself too hard in other areas, so I want be able to relax around my drawing. It's the only area I can do that in.

But again, thanks! It's one of my personal favorite artisinals to date. :P Had a lot of fun doing it and working in layers can sometimes be hilarious. This is what he looked like without the skintone. <.<

AmaraPiper
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    That is some goddamn nightmare fuel right there.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    IosyneArbrePiperLinAngweErzsebet
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    That's what Haven looks like after a divine ZAP.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ArbreLianca