The unthinkable.

2»

Comments

• Yea... actually. I'd probably play the huge pile of console games I have on my shelf that I haven't touched. Like all of Bioshock, for example. :( 
    imageimage
    AryanneRivas
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Munsia said:
    No, I was generally interested, and looking to see if anyone was crazy to the level of what @Lin said, which may almost be as accurate for myself as well. 

I mean, it would suck a bit. Alot of bits, actually. Having played IRE since HS meant that it's been around my life for a number of years. I even have a tattoo that originally drew inspiration from Achaea/Aetolia.. but I would maintain. I mean, it's the people that make the game. We'll just have to be great somewhere else.

I'd still be sad.
    Lin
  • Missari said:
    I would watch the other half of the netflix library that I skipped over in the year I quit.
    I do this already...I have a console running Netflix (or crunchyroll) alongside my 2 screens while playing the MUD's, if I'm not playing a game of some sort. I've been slowly getting through the B movies.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    If IRE shut down, I'd become Tony Stark.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Mastema
  • Illidan said:
    If IRE shut down, I'd become Tony Stark.
    The 90s cartoon version, right? Because we all know you can't handle RDJ's level of Tony Stark.
    MunsiaLinSetneArbreAldricIllikaalPiperRivas
  • Well, from personal experience: everybody would lose 30 pounds, start strength training, pick up classical singing, get pretty good at dancing and start making more money. And have more actual sex.
  • Hadoryu said:
    Well, from personal experience: everybody would lose 30 pounds, start strength training, pick up classical singing, get pretty good at dancing and start making more money. And have more actual sex.

Why is the common response 'More sex' or 'Actual Sex'. This seems to be the highest form of addiction you guys are able to muster...Do you honestly turn down romps for your MUD? I'm not saying it's bad, but, I wasn't aware that MUD's, let alone Aetolia, would be a cause of this.
  • Munsia said:
    Why is the common response 'More sex' or 'Actual Sex'. This seems to be the highest form of addiction you guys are able to muster...Do you honestly turn down romps for your MUD? I'm not saying it's bad, but, I wasn't aware that MUD's, let alone Aetolia, would be a cause of this.
    an alarmingly lot of us have significant others who also play aetolia (seemingly often that we met here) So, it's not so much that we're actively "turning it down" but that we won't be otherwise occupied with some awesome, entrenching storylines and can go "hey look, we both have all this free time what can we - I HAVE AN IDEA :D"

Minarael
  • You know, outside of recent events, I kind of figured you all had a LOT of free time...but if you say so!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You're trying to make it sound like you aren't logged into Aetolia right this moment.
  • edited July 2013
    Moirean said:
    You're trying to make it sound like you aren't logged into Aetolia right this moment.
    Not at all, I believe I stated I'm exactly the same as that one person who someone mentioned had it really bad. I'm currently logged into 2 IRE games right now and in one I am only logged in because I'm use to logging in, but I idle all day, and in Aetolia all I'm doing is bashing cause...that's all there is to do right now. Plus I told @Alexina I'd pass her so I'm going for that too.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited July 2013
    Hadoryu said:
    Well, from personal experience: everybody would lose 30 pounds, start strength training, pick up classical singing, get pretty good at dancing and start making more money. And have more actual sex.
    I'm not sure I've ever had that problem. And considering I've never gone to an Aetolian meet, WELL.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    The sex jokes are prolly...oh wait I already said what they were.

Tbh, Draiman is as much me as I am him. Weird enough to say, but yeah. I mean, in Skyrim/Oblivion I've gone far enough to make Argonian(Xorani) vampire's that made choices in the game as if they were Draiman in Aetolia. I take breaks from IRE just like everyone else, but I can't tell you how many times it's come up in conversation between me and my cousin, and he's even been away longer than me.

I'd be completely fucking devastated. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Munsia
  • I have the source code. Aetolia will never die.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I would just play another game, likely something less involving in thought and creativity.
    Find a D&D group to sate my needs...
    PS, When is this elusive Aetolian D&D group going to start that people bring up, and then dont bring up.
    It which must not be named.
  • D&D is lame, we should keep in the Aetolian spirit and play some medieval World of Darkness.
    Atrapoema
  • I actually had a pretty cool idea, where I run two games: one of a cabal of (choose your monster type here) and the other game being Hunters, set in whatever time period you guys want. I keep both groups completely separate, and they do their own schemes and plots, but with an overreaching Myth Arc that involves the two groups eventually butting heads.
  • edited July 2013
    Crossover realms? I approve

Personally I'd like to see more of what Eve and Dust 514 did. The cross-over game genre's and console cross.
  • edited July 2013
    Finish learning Rails, finalize the coding on social app I'm working on, and probably end up with a much more successful business.

Edit: and also be sad, because my IRE addiction is at least a year or two older than Aetolia, and that's hard to break.
  • If Aetolia/IRE shut down, I think 90% of the bosses out they (from people who play aetolia) will be very happy as they'll see a big improvement in work!

I know my boss would love it to shut down..  ~:>

Piper
  • I mud on my phone at work. I pretend I'm texting customers.
    Mastema