Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• Minarael said:

Spinesreach has -nothing- on old Duiran for being confusing to navigate. It's actually pretty straight forward.

How in the world is the outer city straight forward? Out of all the cities, it is currently by far the most confusing to navigate. Seems im going to need to get maps for this to prove my point, but anyone with good vision can plainly see that the road from the outer city to the inner city is more confounding than theoretical psychics.
    AtrapoemaArekaSetneTozBenedictoIllikaalArbreEleanorAldricPerilunaTeani
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    It's really not. Once you get used to regularly making use of the area, it's very easy to navigate. Use of the path system, mapper, etc is just a bonus.
    And this is from someone who's only been playing for maybe 3 months.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    PiperCiarelle
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I dunno. My first character in Aetolia was a Spirean and I absolutely adored the city. Took me about a day but I was never in any real state of confusion over Spines. I still get lost in Bloodloch and Enorian all the time, somehow.
    MinaraelCiarelleArbre
  • The outer city is not that confusing. Especially if you've done it once and have the map visible. Duiran took me the longest to learn out of any city ever encountered in any IRE game. 

I hate that I'm having way more fun on my little newb than I am on Mina, and I have the combat itch, but I'm too broke to get newb established with enough skills to realistically fight. 
    imageimage
  • @Draiman I actually just got on, read that, posted that before I knew about any of the fighting. :P

Aren is a cocky little unicorn anyway, so I don't take it back.
    PiperDaskalos
  • edited July 2013
    Minarael said:
    The outer city is not that confusing. Especially if you've done it once and have the map visible. Duiran took me the longest to learn out of any city ever encountered in any IRE game. 

I hate that I'm having way more fun on my little newb than I am on Mina, and I have the combat itch, but I'm too broke to get newb established with enough skills to realistically fight. 
    Edit: More confounding than theoretical physics? Either you are some sort of fantastic savant with physics or you have no idea what you are talking about. Go to the west and you circle around to the Inner Gate. Go to the east and you MIGHT get temporarily lost in the crafting area before finding your way to the Inner Gate. After that it's cake. 

Edit - I ...uh. Meant to edit the above comment. -hangs head in shame-
    imageimage
  • edited July 2013
    Severn said:
    It's funny because, as Iosyne and I were discussing this she was all "So whats Iosyne going to turn into?" And I just go "I dunno, like she comes out as some Nega-Iosyne or something, go with it."

I log in after she's started it up and I see she LITERALLY went with Nega-Iosyne. I don't care what you guys think, its the GREATEST THING EVER!
    The first time I saw it on deathsight I thought it said Naga-Iosyne, which made me do a double take anyway. Like...she went from being a spiderlady to being a snakelady.

Edit: My own rage is that I found out a few days ago that someone who purchased my map has, apparently, been handing it out. I've been stewing over it since finding out, trying to decide just what I can/should do. I feel like I put too much work into this thing to just have people handing it out.

EsperArekaCorlinEzalorAardeArbre
  • Xavin said:

Edit: My own rage is that I found out a few days ago that someone who purchased my map has, apparently, been handing it out. I've been stewing over it since finding out, trying to decide just what I can/should do. I feel like I put too much work into this thing to just have people handing it out.
    People who give out things without payment or credit to their creator are lame. Especially when a lot of effort goes into creating said thing.
    EzalorSetneEsperStathanPiperMoireanArbreAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I give my map to new players who I like (eg Malak, Xenia, etc). I felt like I shouldn't give it away at first and initially never shared it, since Ensoi originally gave me the core of it, but after like 7 years of me adding to it, updating it, etc, I think it's safely "mine" by this point, but I'd still feel weird charging for it.
    edited July 2013
    Woooow. Dude. That's not right. Give credit and be good with what you've got. That's horrible @xavin. I'm sorry. I still use Kerryn's map.. the same one I've used since starting to play Aetolia. Been considering buying a XavMap inc. So it sucks that someone's effort isn't being rewarded.

At least give credit.
    Moirean said:
    I give my map to new players who I like (eg Malak, Xenia, etc)
    D:

Ingram said:
    Man. I stopped with IRC for a reason. I don't dislike the people, I just dislike who I become. It's not the person that I want to be.. and no offense to any one else, I really enjoy the game more without it. In any case, I think IRC has a lot to say that's true about a lot of what goes wrong simply because it's not as policed. Something said there doesn't make it wrong.
    I'd give it to you if you logged in. >_>
    Piper
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    If typing an emote out is taking to long, and the RP session is starting to be boring, I wish people would just skip the emote and say whatever they were going to say. No offense to anyone I'm currently RPing with, but yeah.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Munsia
    Moirean said:
    I'd give it to you if you logged in. >_>
    SORRY! Too busy drinking scotch and watching Trinity Blood! :D<3
  • Draiman said:
    If typing an emote out is taking to long, and the RP session is starting to be boring, I wish people would just skip the emote and say whatever they were going to say. No offense to anyone I'm currently RPing with, but yeah.
    This

My problem with most RPers in a fast paced game like Aetolia is the lack of typing speed. I've known slow typers that were only able to play due to aliases and macro's for pvp. If you're planning an event you should save some presets in a file to copy paste them appropriately.  Personally I can type accurately at 100wpm, and while I don't expect anyone to go that fast, this isn't Shang, you shouldn't be making a Multi Paragraph Pose. You get 5 minutes tops, get it in, get it out. 
    EsperLinArekaMoireanMastemaIllikaalHavenAtrapoemaMissariAldricAryanneMephistolesCiarelleCalipsoNolaLianca
  • edited July 2013
    Lin said:
    That attitude is completely despicable, and it's often a reason many people who are nervous about roleplay are too intimidated to play with "the big kids." Roleplaying isn't a way to accumulate points or get achivements, and Aetolia isn't a "fast-paced game" any more than chess is. Good stories often take a long time to craft. As for events, the reason you don't see admin copy/pasting emotes into their events is because 99% of the time, they're fluidly responding to things we're doing with them. It all happens on the fly.

If your attention span is such that slow typists are going to bother you, excuse yourself and consider playing with players who don't bother you so much. But don't try to make anyone feel bad for being slow, that's not fair.

I think we've already established my RP preferences here.

And excuses like this only solidify the point. 
    Arbre
  • What does mfw mean? 

And poo, this is equally as irritating as sniping at sometimes fighters. Quit discouraging people. It is not about typing speed. I type 100+ wpm if I'm doing data entry. RP isn't data entry. 

In any case, didn't you say you play like 3 games at the same time, plus have a show on? 

You can't distract yourself on one of the other two games, and/or watch the show while you wait? It's not like you are sitting there hanging on every dang emote with nothing else to occupy your time with.

imageimage
    Aryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I know this one! mfw = my face when. Aaah so proud. 
    LinSetneJaslineRivas
    I rage at how I still get nervous and my emotes turn to blech around newish people/people I want to impress, like gods. I try to get stuff out too quickly or try too hard to make it impressive, and I continually facepalm - far happier with stuff I emote to myself or with people I interact with a lot.
    EsperArbre
  • @Lin I agree, as I type very slow, but love to RP sometimes and people like Moirean and my guild have always been patient with me. Because of this I feel happier to give it a crack once in a while, and if people were asshats about it I would never get involved and just flee the scene upset!
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    LinMoireanAryanne
    Getting out something good isn't just about typing slow or fast - you are thinking about what your character would do, how they'd respond to the situation, you want to phrase it right, you need to figure out what $^@ thingies to use, etc. There's nothing wrong with taking time, although I can understand why people like to see more terse and quick stuff in events, just to ensure the plot moves along at a clip.
    AryanneLianca
  • I tend to agree with that but at the same time - no matter how into my character I am or the RP going on at the moment, I, myself,  have to sometimes take a minute to think what Elwyn would do and not me. It can slow me down a bit but I'm generally fast at getting them out there. But I do hear you about people who end up taking forever to give you a two line emote...really?
    imageimage
  • @Moirean - We rarely interact, but every time we do you seem to be spot on. Moirean really comes alive. You got nothing to worry about, lady. 
    @Areka - Thanks, I could not make heads or tails of that. o.o

I have a seriously short attention span, in regard to speed of emote. I tend to mix a lot of shorter emotes with longer, more in-depth emotes because I get impatient with myself, even. But if I'm RPing with someone who is slow, I'll just have something else to keep my mind occupied while they are interacting with me. I still want to engage with them, so I resolve my own issues with Spider Solitaire or fiddling with a writing project or something while I wait. It's really not that hard to fix. 
    imageimage
  • I guess the problem is I've no interest in the rest of the playerbase as much as I do about the progression of the game itself
    I always thought mfw was mother-unfing win. But then again, I also thought, until like a month ago, that :3 was a tea-bagging face. Seriously, it looks like a ball-chin; I think this is a reasonable confusion!
    RivasValenae
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Right, because you're the only person playing this game. I guess now you know the answer as to why you think everybody in this game is in one giant clique that's out to get you. Except of course, Calipso. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Munsia
  • edited July 2013
    I play Candy Crush...game is addicting...in between emotes with slower people.
    imageimage
    AryanneMeskhenetBaseil
    My main issue with emoting is trying to remember all the various tricks and such involved. I usually just kept constantly referencing the help file trying to remember how to do things properly, but then, after sending it, and reading it, I see a derp on my part, or I mis-used a flag, or the wording turned out so very wrong. But when it comes out right, it's really fun.

Ingram said:
This discussion has been closed.