Aetolian AMA

Comments

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    How have I only just found this thread?! Feel free to ask me anything! 
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Please nothing about his tentacles.
    Lin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm up for questions too.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Aryanne
    @Benedicto - Although I'm really dying to know Bene's true feelings about Moi these days, I'll leave that to RP. Instead, I'll just ask: What would break Bene's devotion to Slyphe?

@Haven - If Haven could go back in time to his early days as a young Infernal, would he? Why or why not?

@Omei - What would Omei do if She suddenly found Herself bereft of Her divine powers?
    [Spoiler]I was going to say yes considering what's been happening to him recently but... He's seen the potential of what the Light could be and it is something he wants to strive for even if he hasn't been taught how yet. The Infernals were pretty absolute in what was right and wrong, so he wouldn't quite fit there anymore.[/spoiler]
    havenbanner2
  • What the hell, I'm game.
    PiperHaven
  • Vharen said:
    @Everyone
    If your character had a favorite cookie type, what would it be?
    LOL

[spoiler]

The cinnamon star-shaped cookies that they used to sell at the SSI back before is was destroyed.
    Since I have (despite very extensive searching) been unable to find a suitable replacement, snickerdoodles are a close second.

[/spoiler]

Piper
    @Atrapoema, I feel like your character has done it all. What keeps him going these days? And if he could restore one thing in his past what would it be and why?

@Everyone, was there ever a point in your character's history/development where you did not want to proceed (maybe you knew it'd screw them over or something, whatever the reason) but knew you had to to stay true to the role? What was it?
    havenbanner2
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Atrapoema: It's been a long, long time since Atra and Arb last spoke.  How is he feeling about her now-a-days?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Haven said:
    @Everyone, was there ever a point in your character's history/development where you did not want to proceed (maybe you knew it'd screw them over or something, whatever the reason) but knew you had to to stay true to the role? What was it?
    [spoiler]As Lin, it would be leaving @Iosyne after she woke up again. I very, very, very much wanted her to stay but it simply didn't make sense for Lin to want to dabble with the Gods anymore.[/spoiler]
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Vharen said:
    @Everyone

Ang isn't big on sweets and empty calories. If he had a favorite cookie, it'd be bran or something like that, something healthy, practical and justifiable.
    edited June 2013

[spoiler]

Yeah, lots of stuff. Some of Moi's really stubborn/stupid moments came from this. Some of them I was unable to follow through with in the past due to not being mature enough OOC to handle the ramifications, like the start of the penance arc with Arion. Most recently, answering Iosyne about what would be impossible for Toz (leaving Moi). OOC I was like nooooo this is going to open the door to some potentially really tough RP, but Moi would impulsively answer to impress Iosyne and brag about Toz, so I did. And now Iosyne wants to eat Moi's babeh. :( I actually felt that heart-skip-a-beat fear moment RL when I typed Moi's answer in, because I really am super happy with Moi right now - the thought of things falling apart for her scared me pretty hard RL.

That being said, I find myself moderating my role a lot more these days as I sit back and spend more time thinking about how my character's actions will affect OTHER people. It's made me a bit slower with my responses and choices (and sorry to those that I make impatient), but I am often trying to find ways to stay true to the character while also finding choices that will keep the game fun for other people. For example, a few months back BL demanded that Spines boot Elanth and Lin - Moi would have 100% supported that because of her history with both of them, but on the OOC level I know how much something like that can suck, so I grappled with that decision a lot and finally settled on a middle ground of using a law as the reason and insisting that if they returned they could have a trial. From that, actually, I've been able to shape her into a more behaved and responsible leader, so I think it was ultimately a good personal conflict to have. Still, it's hard.

[/spoiler]
    Aryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

[spoiler] There was something like a few months after I started to play Piper that caused me to put her to sleep. It was during the House rush and Piper was being hit up on different sides about going Consanguine. She really wanted to be loyal and agreed to take one for the team and the constant depression of Piper spending her last few days with the sun was -horrible-.

If my schedule had been better IRL and I didn't keep missing the people she was trying to catch, she wouldn't have backed down.

• Moirean said:

@Omei - What would Omei do if She suddenly found Herself bereft of Her divine powers?
    If She were mortal?

Get Sentaari, Syssin, and Daru training and live in the Morgun woods as a hermit.

She wouldn't try to get Her powers back.

i am rapture coder
    LinPiperPerilunaAngweCiarelle
  • I'm game -- AMA
  • Haven said:
    @Atrapoema, I feel like your character has done it all. What keeps him going these days? And if he could restore one thing in his past what would it be and why?

Arbre said:
    @Atrapoema: It's been a long, long time since Atra and Arb last spoke.  How is he feeling about her now-a-days?
    @Haven:
    [spoiler]Honestly? As "cliche" as it might sound, it's now the little things. His wife, the pack he is (or, rather, was) slowly accruing, his friends, and satisfying himself. Freeing himself from the hassles of guilds and cities really meant he could finally do as he pleased. As for what he would restore? It completely clashes with his hassle-free lifestyle, but if he could, he'd go back and prevent Nahasa from ever rising to power and running roughshod over his life and status. Why? He misses Spinesreach and the life he had back then. Also, preventing Nahasa's rise would prevent Missari's fall, which would be the biggest reason.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]She leaves a foul taste in his mouth, due to several events. If he can, he'd rather avoid her and her drama.[/spoiler]
  • edited June 2013

Vharen
    said:
    @Everyone

[spoiler]
    Sugar Cookies
    [/spoiler]

Haven said:
    [spoiler]
    Following Milian to Spinesreach. In a way, Peri still considers herself Duirani and feels she doesn't fit in in the north
    [/spoiler]

Moirean
  • edited June 2013
    Moirean said:

[spoiler] Leaving the Indorani for Duiran was a huge one for Macian. It felt right, after then Morgun forest incidents, though. 

Enforcing the "Ashtan or None" choice which was drilled so hard into the Bahkatu for years. I absolutely didn't want to do it, but to suddenly stop would have been completely against Macian's history, as well as the Sleuth, as well as what the gods were pushing. It sucked, and stopped the Bahkayu from growing. [/spoiler]
    Moirean
  • Vharen said:
    @Everyone

[Spoiler] Snickerdoodles.....[/Spoiler]
  • I'll play.

If your character had a favourite cookie type, what would it be?
    [spoiler]Something basic but dusted with cinnamon (kind of like what Aryanne described) or sugar. [/spoiler]

Was there ever a point in your character's history/development where you did not want to proceed...?
    [spoiler]There have been a couple of near-misses where I thought she was going to be stuck in relationships that changes in circumstances then let me get her out of, but I think the recent one would be the time she spent in Enorian after she quit the ministries but before she left completely. I personally was over it at that point but she ended up staying another 5 or 6 IG years simply because it wouldn't have made sense for her to abandon it entirely when she was convinced that staying was what Gepideth would have wanted her to do. By then, she also had ambitions to lead the Ascendril and she thought being an Enorianite Archmage might make that whole inter-organizational relationship go more smoothly. It took quite a bit more before I was able to move her on.[/spoiler]

• So, my turn to ask a question - partly inspired by @Aisling, does your character have any little quirks/habits that they do a lot?

For instance!
    [spoiler]Ciarelle fidgets incessantly. These days, she plays with her  millions of resistance rings when she's thinking about something in depth and/or thinking aloud, runs her hand through her hair when she's irritated and plays with the freesias Illidan gave her when he's under discussion. [/spoiler]
    Moirean
  • Ciarelle said:
    Does your character have any little quirks/habits that they do a lot?

[spoiler]I gave Rivas one of my personal quirks. He's a smoker, and I'm an ex-smoker, and so Rivas -always- has to be doing something with his hands. Almost all of the premade emotes that @Arbre makes fun of me for involve him adjusting his glasses, running his fingers through his hair, etc etc. I've even written myself a message to remind me to write a new premade emote THAT I WILL BE DEBUTING SOON AT A THEATER NEAR YOU.

Another quirk is lighting people on fire who call him "sir". And @Macian, whether or not he calls him "sir".[/spoiler]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

MoireanAryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Ciarelle said:
    So, my turn to ask a question - partly inspired by @Aisling, does your character have any little quirks/habits that they do a lot?

[spoiler] Areka spends a good chunk of her month meditating and working on her reserve so she doesn't burn her clothing off. This contributes to her somewhat removed affect, as she needs to consciously be aware of such things, otherwise that would be most inappropriate (when on duty). Grunting is pretty much her fall-back, standard response to things, whether in approval or disapproval. She fidgets with things on her weaponbelt, and wets her lips, like so:

Areka idly wets her lower lip, a brief wisp of steam accompanying the gesture before dissipating into the air. 

I'm still working on others. [/spoiler]
    Moirean
    edited July 2013
    Ciarelle said:
    So, my turn to ask a question - partly inspired by @Aisling, does your character have any little quirks/habits that they do a lot?

[spoiler]Moi nods a lot. It's how she usually shows approval to recruits. She lifts her chin up when she's trying to appear more FIERCE. Her use of her own titles varies, especially when signing posts, depending on the subject matter (eg The General for order stuff) or her current emotional state. Her tail kinda has a mind of its own, as does her doppleganger - both of them often reflect her more subconscious thoughts/desires/emotions, eg her tail accepted Toz's marriage proposal while she was still protesting his offer.[/spoiler]
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Ciarelle said:
    So, my turn to ask a question - partly inspired by @Aisling, does your character have any little quirks/habits that they do a lot?

[spoiler]Anfini plays out as the quintessential Victorian upper-class ponce. He pinches his nose and shakes his head when he disagrees wtih you, he gazes dramatically at the sky and sighs, he flourishes his hands, often with his cigarette for effect, since he chain-smokes.[/spoiler]
    MoireanEmelle
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Ciarelle said:
    Does your character have any little quirks/habits that they do a lot?

[spoiler]Phoe's antennae are kind of expressive. They twitch a lot when she's agitated or if she smells something nice/unusual, they droop when she's upset, they perk up when something catches her attention. She also likes smacking people in the face with them if they happen to be close enough.

Another thing she does a lot is eat sweets. She always has a pouch of candy on her at all times. She also likes hurling things at people. What she hurls is indicative of her mood/how she feels about someone. She also tends to refer to people on a first name basis; if she refers to someone by only their surname or some other derogatory name, it means she doesn't respect them.[/spoiler]

Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread or not, but people can ask me questions too if they want.
    MoireanAryanne
  • Ciarelle said:

[spoiler] Lia always has to fidget with SOMETHING. She has a hard time just sitting perfectly still unless she's very upset or depressed. Those are the only two times. Otherwise she's fidgeting with her staff, ocarina, hair, she bites her lower lip a lot when she's thinking. Little fidgety things like that. [/spoiler]
    MoireanAryanne
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Ciarelle said:

[spoiler]Alistaire does certain things that give away his mood. When he was younger, whenever he'd get embarrassed (like a girl flirting with him), he'd put his helm on to hide the fact that he was blushing. He finally got over that, though. He also spends a lot of time in the various gardens he has access to, tending to the plants. I've spent RL hours emoting tending to flowers and trees and stuff alone. [/spoiler]

Moirean

• Haven said:
    I'll play. AMA

[spoiler]
    Losing Spinesreach, Severn OH and the Infernals made me sick to my stomach. In all honesty the amnesia thing was completely because I knew I wouldn't be able to RP a transition to anywhere else in the game without compromising everything and feeling like a complete idiot. 
    [/spoiler]
    @Missari: I've often entertained the idea of trying to restore your character's memories (I'm personally hoping @Severn picks up on the plan/arc I've got cooking but we'll see) but I wonder about the consequences. Do you think regaining her memories will undo all the work she has accomplished as a Lighter? You've also portrayed the character, my interpretation anyway, as not overly concerned with the past. How do you feel about that personally? Sometimes I think it's you hinting: Yeah, not really interested. And other times I think it's just the character being the character.
    havenbanner2