Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Reason I can't fathom it is because I've never been robbed. Reason why? I never leave valuables lying around. Even when I had a shop, it never got robbed because I always took steps to ensure it never would. The thing is, it's not even hard to NOT get robbed. -That- is why I can't understand how it happens to anyone in the first place, unless they're new.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Calipso
  • edited June 2013

There's always someone that comes along after something bad happens and says: "Welp. You should have tried to prevent it better."

My response? "Welp, maybe people shouldn't be stupid thieving unicorns with nothing to gain except making others feel like unicorn."

5. Personal attacks are not allowed. Debate the post, not the poster.

NolaIllikaalAtrapoemaMissariYusriMephistolesMoirean
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

Let's try not to call eachother horned equines and return to proper raging Before the thread gets in trouble.

I don't think the chefs tasted my dish at the Iron Epicurean. And I got not rp from them, even if I had all the time in the World rping with the oven. :( Makes me a sad panda.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited June 2013
    Because I. Was. Negligent. As I have said, and accepted. 

That in itself isn't what's causing the upset. The upset is the intention of the thief, and how that style of play contributes nothing to the game but unicorns. There is not story, no plot, no interaction, nothing beyond unicorns, and that is really lame and degrades Aetolia. Especially when said thief repeatedly complains about 'grief' when it is killed for its actions, then proceeds to create these situations.

If there had been a ransom, a mocking note left behind, a token to mark some greater intentions or meaning to the theft (a black fox ala Ocean's 12), a dark street corner at which to make an exchange, etc, I would not be upset. But there isn't. It's -just to be a unicorn, and that mentality is detrimental to Aetolia-. 

I have since redoubled my efforts - I learned my lesson - I have destroyed all of the rooms in my haven but two, so that there is no longer a place for someone to dash off to as soon as getting up there, if that occurs again. My bell is silvered, I've fresh sigils, yes yes all of those things I should have been maintaining constantly from the start. 
    AldricDaskalos
  • Areka said:
    Because I. Was. Negligent. As I have said, and accepted. 

That in itself isn't what's causing the upset. The upset is the intention of the thief, and how that style of play contributes nothing to the game but unicorns. There is not story, no plot, no interaction, nothing beyond unicorns, and that is really lame and degrades Aetolia. Especially when said thief repeatedly complains about 'grief' when it is killed for its actions, then proceeds to create these situations.

If there had been a ransom, a mocking note left behind, a token to mark some greater intentions or meaning to the theft (a black fox ala Ocean's 12), a dark street corner at which to make an exchange, etc, I would not be upset. But there isn't. It's -just to be a unicorn, and that mentality is detrimental to Aetolia-. 

I have since redoubled my efforts - I learned my lesson - I have destroyed all of the rooms in my haven but two, so that there is no longer a place for someone to dash off to as soon as getting up there, if that occurs again. My bell is silvered, I've fresh sigils, yes yes all of those things I should have been maintaining constantly from the start. 
    Still shouldn't have happened. The thief deserves to have their gaming experience ruined for the duration of their stay on Aetolia.

I'm sorry it happened to you.
    AtrapoemaIllikaalMissariCalipsoHavenNolaMephistolesMunsia
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Sessizlik said:

I don't think the chefs tasted my dish at the Iron Epicurean. And I got not rp from them, even if I had all the time in the World rping with the oven. :( Makes me a sad panda.

I'm actually not sure if all of the dishes were tasted since it was kind of hard to see since there was so much stuff going on and there were thirteen people participating (though I know Orisae's dish got disqualified because...well, it's Orisae's cooking >_>).

Best thing you can do is just try again at the next Iron Epicurean and hope you get noticed. After you've competed at least once, you're probably going to get more RP the next time around.
    Sessizlik
  • Obviously the thief needs to be unicorned in the unicorn by a unicorning unicorn.

Tyrai
    MissariFenrirAldric
  • Unicorn, please.

AardeIosyne
    Fenrir said:
    There's always someone that comes along after something bad happens and says: "Welp. You should have tried to prevent it better."

My response? "Welp, maybe people shouldn't be stupid thieving unicorns with nothing to gain except making others feel like unicorn."

And if you don't have sympathy Illidan? Welp, that makes you a unicorn too.

So, if someone was driving up a mountain in the middle of the night, while its raining, and there's plenty of warning signs saying "Sharp turns" "Slow down" "Road slippery when wet", and hell, lets just say they had the nerve to be texting while they were driving while we're at it. Say the person loses control of the car, slides off a cliff, and has a terrible accident. Would you have sympathy? I sure as hell wouldn't. Why? Because all of the warning signs were there, and they didn't take steps to make sure they were safe. Does it  make you a dick for not having sympathy? Probably not, as many people likely wouldn't. If you put yourself into a situation in which trouble will likely find you, you have to be  prepared to respond to it accordingly. Not having sympathy for someone who put themselves into a dangerous situation doesn't make you a dick. Saying something like "LOL YOU GOT ROBBED TRY HARDER NOOB." is an example of being a dick. 

In this case, she got  robbed, and now I bet she'll probably never get robbed again. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MissariCalipsoFenrirSessizlikAtrapoemaValenae
  • Nah, I'll stick with my statement thanks. You can't justify it, so stop trying.
    AtrapoemaMissariCalipsoIllikaalMunsia
    We are all responsible for the health and well-being of this game, whether or not we want to accept responsibility. We are the players involved, creating the stories and interacting and webbing it together. While possibly a minority and blue-sky concept, I (foolishly) feel everyone should at least try to play with some sense of consideration to the whole community, and be responsible for what you contribute, or, what you take away. This does not mean you need to be nice, or a good guy, by any means. But who am I kidding? We're all unicorns.

It takes all sorts of archetypes and roles to make a good story - there SHOULD be villains, thieves in the night, rivals that try to best you to impress your woman, twisted scientists and spellbound researchers, fair-weather allies, and so on. These things can be done beautifully, and well, in a way that enriches the game's story and environment and provides dynamic points of interaction. The shrugging and using 'evil lol' as an excuse for things does not do this, just as 'lol zealot' or 'lol I just want to have fun, your time/investment don't matter', detracts. It takes away some really cool things that could be happening.

The "they didn't tattoo in time" doesn't absolve the thief from the responsibility of their own actions. This isn't a one-man car wreck, this is separate individuals each making choices, and one does not exonerate the other. The thief made a choice too, and chose to rob in such a way that there is no further contribution or responsibility to the -game- or other parties involved. No interaction, no message, meaning, nothing, and THAT bums me out, as that in turn is negligent to what the game could be and what the playerbase could be and parts try to be. 

I don't want anyone's gaming experience utterly ruined. It's that very mentality that enables this kind of theft (where there is nothing but OOC lulz and no other interaction or dynamic offered beyond trying to track them down through phase), or how political regimes spend more energy trying to make the previous miserable, rather than really trying to further help their orgs, or the age-past griefing PK. 
    AtrapoemaFenrirAldricAngweArbreMinaraelMoireanSetne
  • edited June 2013

5. Personal attacks are not allowed. Debate the post, not the poster.

AtrapoemaTacitus
  • Yah, I think it's time for a mod to intervene. This is just going to spiral out of control because people are disagreeing.
    Nola
    I just wish people would consider the game more, and that they play with other people, not just their own enjoyment and lulz. 
    FenrirAtrapoemaAldricSetne
  • Areka said:
    I just wish people would consider the game more, and that they play with other people, not just their own enjoyment and lulz. 
    Absolutely 100% right.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

If the community seriously wants to debate this and remain civil, I'll be happy to split this into its own thread about thievery. Otherwise: move on from this topic.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AtrapoemaAarde
  • Back to Aetolia related rage:

I, lately, have been reminiscing about how Atra and I were chased out of our happy place in Spinesreach, Severn's order, and Spines based guilds by an OOC agenda of one person bent on ruining our game experience because we role-played with her chosen child-maker, and occasionally pulled him from idling in their house.

At first I just shrugged off the nasty feeling of how nothing seemed to add up and followed where the RP took me, then a few months later a couple of her accomplices approached me OOCly to apologize about how OOC the entire ordeal was, well I was firmly enjoying the RP I had fallen into, but that sort of killed my want to be involved in the game in any meaningful manner, so I quit playing, I stayed away for a year, in fact.

I felt so... frustrated that one person took it upon themselves to destroy my game play experience on a personal and OOC level, after I had taken them under my wing and been their friend. I still get fairly pissed off whenever I think about her. I couldn't, still can't, believe that one person could be so motivated on an OOC level to hurt someone, and want to ruin what amounted to much of my social interaction and, well, life that they would lie to other people to make them hate me.

I've been unhappy with the role-play that occurred, and my current state in the game since I learned the truth (the fact that this person quit playing the character shortly after ruining my happiness makes it worse). I've been avoiding roles of responsibility that I know I would enjoy out of the fear that someone will do something like this to me again. (Which makes me rage more.) 

tl,dr;  Someone ruined my game, fuck them.

I am glad to see the community has lost most of it's caustic nature (unless we communally dislike someone, then it seems we become a lynch-mob, which is, um... Meh? I guess)
    HavenPiperIllikaalNolaAtrapoemaAardeRivasSeirMinarael
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Aetolia, sometimes you make me just wanna do this.

AtrapoemaHavenAarbrokNolaPiperMissariDraimanEsper
    edited June 2013
    I would just like to say officially that if you have a problem with how I, or any moderator really, moderates, feel free to make a complaint to any of our superiors (like @Razmael and or @Veritas for starters). They'll take whatever action they deem appropriate/necessary.
    havenbanner2
  • I'm starting to feel bad for the 'threat factor' in the game. People threaten with death but if you don't care about the RP of dying, it's quite...meaningless, due to PK rules.
    Lin
    I think people care less about the experience loss, provided they're endgame. 
  • Illidan said:
    I think people care less about the experience loss, provided they're endgame. 
    Kind of my point. The xp loss here is extremely minimal and the pk rules don't allow multiple killings. So threats are kind of pointless. There's really no incentive not to piss people off...
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Other then the fact that people really don't dig jerks. I mean, we're all playing a game in our spare time around work and school.. and if you're playing for the sole purpose of ticking other people off, you're not going to find much of a welcoming.
    PhoeneciaEsper
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited June 2013
    Well I guess being a decent person or not acting like one is twelve years old is an incentive.
    MunsiaAarde

While there is a minimal loss in experience, I think the emotional impact behind a death still hangs heavy for a lot of the players that play Aetolia.

I personally don't give a rat's unicorn about experience or death but I know quite a few people who do.

havenbanner2
    I think I'll just start by threatening to break people's noses. THAT'LL SCARE THEM.
  • I rage about this bonedagger(boner if you will) change. Hey, you can now flick a bonedagger with an equilibrium cost of 3.5 equilibrium as wise with a crown and dexterous dealing roughly 800 damage with 16 dex. One of the biggest problems with indorani is that their offense is too slow leaving them with few means to put pressure on anything in addition to no actual burst. Now this is made even worse by the fact 3.5 is the fastest possible. In short, troll liaison changes. I was like oh yeah now if I can get an envenom and a fling off at like 2.75 seconds I might be able to do some aff stacking setting up big moon queues with clever envenom play, get some nice control over their offense. That's not what's going to happen. My hopes and dreams for indorani combat dashed to death/wheel mixed with shatter spam and hangedmen and moon only being used to troll equilibrium classes. 
    We all know Indorani need help. But they won't get any until something gets done about their one-trick ponyism (hangedmanhangedmanhangedman) it's highly unlikely that they'll see it. Just like Luminaries had to give up stacking purity necklaces with angel cure to get some of their buffs. I still think lightning needs looking at. Just sayin'. 
    Ezalor
    Illidan said:
    We all know Indorani need help. But they won't get any until something gets done about their one-trick ponyism (hangedmanhangedmanhangedman) it's highly unlikely that they'll see it. Just like Luminaries had to give up stacking purity necklaces with angel cure to get some of their buffs. I still think lightning needs looking at. Just sayin'. 

What do you think is wrong with Lightning?
    havenbanner2
    Actually, I should rephrase that. There's nothing wrong with lightning by itself. Just the artifact scaling. 
    MastemaEzalor
This discussion has been closed.