Short Questions

Comments

• Hawt.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Amberlea A little bit of clicking and I found what you're talking about, but it's already that way.
  • Not sure if anybody can say, but is there any intention of bringing back the 'this month in Aetolia' discussions? A lot of people really look forward to those and it certainly does well for the game's morale as a whole when that sort of transparency is continuing to be emphasized.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanEzalorAngweLiancaArbreLinOleisSaritaPeriluna
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Aldric said:
    Not sure if anybody can say, but is there any intention of bringing back the 'this month in Aetolia' discussions? A lot of people really look forward to those and it certainly does well for the game's morale as a whole when that sort of transparency is continuing to be emphasized.
    Great idea! I'll prod the beast.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    AldricEzalorMoireanDaskalos
  • Has the ebrius serum been done away with? I've been trying to make some for a while, but it always seems to turn to vodka.
  • Sitruk said:
    Has the ebrius serum been done away with? I've been trying to make some for a while, but it always seems to turn to vodka.
    It shows up on elixlist short and elixlist missing. I would check the comms for you but even liaison powers don't let me see ab files for mercantile skills I don't have.

• It still shows in the ab files, but it just never seems to occur. I've trans'd the skill, so there's no reason for it to mess up, unless it has been replaced with vodka without altering the ab files.

• @Sitruk that sounds like some sort of bug. Bug it if you haven't.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2013
    So this came up in RP:

Bakhtuh tells you, "((Lore question: Do the egg and the sperm contribute 50% soul each?))"

So, at first I laughed. And then I was like whoa, shit. That's deep. Where do our character's souls come from? Since souls are a physical thing in Aetolia and they can actually be manipulated, are parts of our souls passed on to children, akin to genetic traits? Are our souls distinct things granted by the gods? Does Dhar create souls or just manage them?
    SessizlikLinAngweArbre
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanSessizlikSetneLinArbreTeani
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Omg, yes. That is quite mindblowing. Never thought of that and now it will keep me up all night!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Aldric said:
    SetneEzalor
    Sitruk said:
    It still shows in the ab files, but it just never seems to occur. I've trans'd the skill, so there's no reason for it to mess up, unless it has been replaced with vodka without altering the ab files.

Is it really turning into vodka, or are you being smarmy?  Because if it is, screw ebrius, keep the vodka.
    MoireanPerilunaAarbrok
  • Yes, it really is turning to vodka, and I can't stand it. I've come to love those little trips.
    brb, sidehopping
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Can you get a divines attention with a mob through says, or does it only work with tells only?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

You can to it with SAY TO MOBNAME, but not in emotes.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Psh, like I emote.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Anyone out there still mess with Sentinel? I cannot find any route besides 'loldarts' or this wonky limb damage shit that simply will not work against classes with passive curing.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Does anyone understand Invcat and could take a few moments to help me out with it? ><
  • waterwalking arti: does it work with dash?
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada

Amelas said:
    waterwalking arti: does it work with dash?
    Yes it does!
    Amelas
  • What happens with GMCP when you get blacked out?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:
    What happens with GMCP when you get blacked out?
    Pretty sure it just stops sending.

Alistaire said:

Amelas said:
    waterwalking arti: does it work with dash?
    Yes it does!
    ArbreMunsia
  • Does /all/ of it stop sending? I mean, I know the health/mana stuff probably does, but other GMCP info may/may not be stopped.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• I tested to make sure. gmcp.IRE.Rift.Change and gmcp.Char.Items.Remove still go through, so I guess it just stops gmcp.Char.Vitals?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    gmcp.Char.Vitals is sent as normal, but any value that would be hidden by blackout is frozen. If you had 4100 HP before you were blacked out, Char.Vitals will be sent with 4100 HP until blackout wears out.
  • 'kay. What I was wondering was if I could still use it to check herb balance etc. - if this is the case, that's awesome, and I can go back to my coding. >_>

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• Areka said:
    Does anyone understand Invcat and could take a few moments to help me out with it? ><
    I wanna make out with INVCAT on a daily basis. Here's the gist of it:

You can make different categories, and each category (Bashing, RP, whateverelseyouwanttonamethem) need keywords associated to it ("vial", "orb", "artifact", "mug", or any other item type). When you INVCAT SORT, your inventory will be cleaned up based on what keywords you set up so that when you I or INV, it'll show less than what you actually have. You can always "ii" to see the full inventory.

That's the general idea of it, I'd say. I played around with it a bit when it first came out, really helped me get a grasp on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

MunsiaMinarael
  • edited July 2013
    Redacted, I had a typo in my help search.