Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    @Ellenia

Yeah, uh. If anyone gives you flack for English not being your first language, fuck them. Just ignore them, walk on, and do your own thing. 

Also, don't be afraid to roleplay. A lot of people are forgiving with emotes and if they aren't, they aren't worth roleplaying with anyway.
    CalipsoEzalorEsperEllenia
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Kicking myself for being lax, and others just being unicorns for the sake of being unicorns. Sure, the valuables are a bummer, but keepsakes I can't replace and no interaction opportunities is really frustrating, especially when some are from people who don't play anymore. This, on top of other investments being made an utter mockery of, is the sort of thing that makes me think retiring may be best, and acknowledging that grants the unicorns power, but it's still there. 
  • I'm going to second Areka's rage. I really wish certain players would quit making unicorns of themselves because they feel that they've been somehow wronged by people reacting to their stupid crap.

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I was once told to find a mud in my own language, because my grammar wasn't top notch. I still make mistakes, quite a few of them, but they don't make my sentences difficult to understand in any way, (like have/has, its/it's, things like that.) I know I'm terrible at these things, but that doesn't stop me from doing my thing. I was terrified when I decided to pick up crafting again, after having stayed away for rl years. I'm still terrified when submitting designs, but I know the worse thing that will happen is that it's rejected and my mistakes are pointed out to me. I just hope that people will cut me some slack if I repeat my mistakes, cause some things just don't seem to stick in my brain.

But yeah, being told to leave the game and find something in my own language? That was horrible to hear. Especially since I have enjoyed the Aetolian experience since the beginning. No way I was gonna leave. I felt bad about it, really bad, and that is one reason why I don't approach many people for rp. I'm afraid of being judged again. Thankfully, I think most people in Aetolia these days are pretty open and realize that everyone make mistakes at some point.

• Sessizlik said:

I was once told to find a mud in my own language, because my grammar wasn't top notch. I still make mistakes, quite a few of them, but they don't make my sentences difficult to understand in any way, (like have/has, its/it's, things like that.) I know I'm terrible at these things, but that doesn't stop me from doing my thing. I was terrified when I decided to pick up crafting again, after having stayed away for rl years. I'm still terrified when submitting designs, but I know the worse thing that will happen is that it's rejected and my mistakes are pointed out to me. I just hope that people will cut me some slack if I repeat my mistakes, cause some things just don't seem to stick in my brain.

But yeah, being told to leave the game and find something in my own language? That was horrible to hear. Especially since I have enjoyed the Aetolian experience since the beginning. No way I was gonna leave. I felt bad about it, really bad, and that is one reason why I don't approach many people for rp. I'm afraid of being judged again. Thankfully, I think most people in Aetolia these days are pretty open and realize that everyone make mistakes at some point.

You should ignore the small minded idiots and tell them to get a life :P We all make mistakes even if your first language is English.. it's apart of LIFE!! ..

Like most people think my first language is English, but they'll be far wrong, But I get said hassle for my mistakes but that's why Aetolia has the IGNORE button :P

Sessizlik
  • I still can't spell for unicorns, but mudding has drastically improved my grammar, sentence structure and overall typing speed.

English IS my first language and it's a terrible, complicated, messy language, so frankly, the fact that -I- understand some of it after twenty plus years is a marvel. ESL individuals get massive points in most situations.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Azton This whole time, I thought you just didn't give a screw about grammar. I'm sorry, man.
  • Angwe said:
    @Azton This whole time, I thought you just didn't give a screw about grammar. I'm sorry, man.
    Point proven about the small minded idiots... and I normally do care about Grammer but 90% of the time im doing 1000 things at once.. 

• if any of you want your stuffs proofread, get in contact with me and I'll look them over
    Sessizlik
  • Azton said:
    Angwe said:
    Point proven about the small minded idiots... and I normally do care about Grammer but 90% of the time im doing 1000 things at once.. 

*Grammar :P
    AngweRivasAarbrok
  • Amelas said:
    if any of you want your stuffs proofread, get in contact with me and I'll look them over
    @Areka does it for me :P .. well she helps :ar!

Also I've only just started doing designs.. and only ran into a few errors

• Maaaaan! I always get so -nervous- whenever I write something on the newsboard regardless of where it's to. My heart pounds and I feel shell shocked.
    Ciarelle
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Serrice quit playing (or something) and she was literally the LAST person besides myself who uses Sentinel for combat. So, I have no one (except @Xiuhcoatl 'cause he rocks like that) to ask questions.
  • edited June 2013
    I just now saw Areka's log written in Enorian, and I'm late to the game, but:

[spoiler]2013/06/27 16:27:10 - Areka  Albeit my own folly for not being more diligent with my tattoos and  sigils, considerable goods have been stolen from my haven. While I am kicking myself, please use the loss of 18 chalices, 50 research tokens, and 20+ hearts and eyes, and some irreplaceable keepsakes, as a reason to double-up on your own efforts.[/spoiler]

It absolutely disgusts me that there are people in this game willing to try so hard to ruin somebody else's playing experience by doing something so blatantly horrible. What good do you seriously get out of being like that?  

In a game that thrives off of having such a strong community, I'm honestly surprised any organization has allowed this to be something tolerated. I understand playing the bad guy, but this is simply ridiculous and uncalled for. This type of behavior adds nothing but a toxic element to the game.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AtrapoemaArbreHavenEzraxMissariYusriIllikaalMoireanXavinSetne
    edited June 2013
    I was negligent, so that's on me (though not an excuse for being a tool).

Theft can create some interesting conflict and RP if it's engaged in a manner where the RP and characters are the focus. I wish this was the case here, but with the thief (who has been doing this repeatedly of late, successfully or attempting,  Aithinne*'s shop also got robbed, though I haven't followed through to see if she's gotten any interactions out of it) there isn't. That's the issue with me. Over 500cr worth of items is irritating, especially when they're from the giftbag promo and thus the fruits of my OOC money, sucks - that's a lesson I'm learning. I just wish there was more to it than 'ha ha ha sucker' - because THAT is what makes it lame. The -intention- seems to only be the very grief and lack of consideration the thief repeatedly complains about. 

EDIT: A full accounting of everything that was in the room, since I've been asked:
    [spoiler]Stone-carved cellar. (The Havens.)
    There are 10 metal cookie sheets here.
    There are 15 grimstim pills here.
    There are 23 beating phoenix hearts here.
    There are 34 snow wight essences here.
    An obsidian ring is here, intricate symbols made of gold covering its surface.
    There are 41 red bull's eyes here.
    There are 52 research tokens in 52 stacks here.
    A stag's horn ring inlaid with silver has been left here.
    A heavy cloth mattress lies here on its side.
    A small key lies on the ground here.
    Folded into a neat pile, some tweed trousers are here.
    A bloodstained letter lies here.
    Someone's magically-preserved letter has been lost here.

There are 2 neat-fitting, tweed and plaid coats here.
    A multifaceted ring of translucent, caliginous black obsidian is here.
    There are 5 dyed, chain-and-crown woven armbands here.
    Long and immaculately carved, an arm reliquary lies here.
    There are 5 thin silver nesting rings here.
    Radiating residual heat, a two-tone ring of melted gold is here.
    An iron-banded storage chest is here.
    A smooth, richly tarnished fettlestone lies here.
    There are 2 channel-engraved rings here.
    A pure white letter has been left here.
    Resembling a frosty arrowhead, a silver icicle knuckle ring is here. 
    There are 3 thin black bands here.
    There are 2 cast-iron cooking pots here.
    The edges of the parchment tattered and torn, a deed to a house lies here. (this got magic'd back to me, being an artifact) 
    There are 3 bands of decomposition here.
    There are 2 lightning bolt puzzle rings here.
    A silver ring set with a Heart of Darkness gem glimmers here.
    A warm glint upon its golden surface, a small, headless torso has been left here.
    A snowglobe lies here, its white flakes inert.
    A Year 250 Medallion in the shape of a 250-point star lies here glimmering sharply.
    There are 19 silver chalices here.
    A pair of small, disembodied golden legs have been left here.

A black quiver encased with a carmine braid has been left here.
    A translucent glass ring covered with glittering diamond dust lies here.
    A stark white bone ring inlaid with dark brown wood has been left here.
    Gleaming in any available light, a pendant of yellow crystal has been left here.
    A grey tweed waistcoat has been folded and left here.
    There are 2 improvised cloth-and-rope packs here.
    A silver ring is here.
    A small, hand's length case made of amber is here.
    A small bag of sugar is here.
    A rustic earthenware cup with cobalt glazing has been set here.
    A goblet of red obsidian has been set aside here.
    10:21:48a | You see a single exit leading west (hidden). [/spoiler]
    EzraxAldricArbreAarbrok
  • Blah that sucks...I'm sorry :(
  • Mastema said:
    X_X 
    Pleasant Nightmares, Mastema.

(I don't actually remember who I saw using that, but still. A classic.)
  • The same person that stole Areka's shinies attempted to force a firestorm earlier.

There's a line between interaction as the bad guy and just being a unicorn, methinks.
    MissariArbreAldricXavin
  • PK them.
    DraimanCalipso
  • Killing them isn't going to get 500cr of loot back.
    Xavin
  • I was specifically referring to the firestorm incident.
  • edited June 2013
    Who was the person who actually stole it?

And there are no rules about naming names on the forums outside of issues. Name and shame this bitch.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Most've us know, and are being classy about it.

But have a look on the news boards and ads, you should figure it out.

• Eleanor said:
    Most've us know, and are being classy about it.

But have a look on the news boards and ads, you should figure it out.
    Ah. Turns out that person could become even trashier than we thought.

They'll be a pariah for life now.
    Xavin
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited June 2013
    Honestly speaking, I used to be annoyed with in-game theft and I felt bad for the people it happened to, but after being MoW in Enorian for about an RL year, I just lost any and all sympathy. Countless news posts, discussions over CT and the like have been conducted because people kept on getting robbed over and over again (sup Kaeus). For starters:

1. It takes no time at all to close your shop door, lock it, chuck an eye sigil (because there should be at least one guard in your shop) and make sure you're secure. 

2. Do NOT sit idle and afk in your shop. The same people kept on doing it. The same people kept on getting robbed. 

3. Though instances similar to the ones above aren't city related, the same rules still apply. Anytime you enter your haven, you should always toss a firefly. I'd highly recommend that you put doors on every exit, or just get yourself a one-room haven if you don't want the hassle. 

So, my observations on the whole situation? A few things:

1. I'm not sure why you'd leave that many valuable items lying on the floor of your haven. Especially since you obviously don't make a habit of throwing eye sigils. 

2. If, for whatever reason I -did- leave all that shit on the floor, you'd better believe I'd be OCD like crazy throwing an eye sigil every time I entered my haven.

3. Even if I, for whatever reason, left all that crap on the floor and a syssin DID follow me into my haven, they'd still have time to pick shit up as I'm killing them. Therefore, I wouldn't have left anything on the floor, especially with the value that all those items had. 

4. Edit: WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE A HOUSE DEED OF ALL THINGS LYING ON THE FLOOR. Literally cannot wrap my mind around that. 

Conclusion: Yeah, it sucks that you got all that stuff stolen from you. But in reality, you shouldn't have been surprised at all when it happened to you. You already knew that there's some dumb-as-unicorns attention mongering wanna-be troll going around and robbing people. You also knew that you had all that valuable stuff lying on the floor of your haven, but you either never secured your haven via eye sigil tossing, or whatever other means there are to do so. 

So, much like my sympathy for anybody who's not a new player gets robbed, there is none. As a side note, this is why I tried to put in a report to prevent phase idling, and make phased syssin actually trackable. Since you can phase indefinitely and since you are virtually untrackable, there's never going to be any drawback. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    CalipsoMastemaAngweAtrapoemaMissariAarbrokSigmund
  • How is what Illidan said there spam at all?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    LinAryanne
  • Its not anymore spam than what anyone else has said in response. 

All of his points are valid ones. I think the one that stands out the most for this circumstance is.. why in the world would you leave all those valuables on your haven floor to begin with. Now, I will say, I don't think thats justification for someone being a unicorns, and never will. I feel for you and its really, really lame. But don't give them the chance to be one to you!
  • For the first time on the forums, Im actually 100% in agreement with Illidan.
  • My keyboard is missing an E, an S, a D, and the three and four buttons don't work. This, added to the fact that I had to work 60+ hours last week, seriously reduces my time on Aetolia lately. Blegh.

Tyrai
    edited June 2013
    Illidan - The things were in a locked room. I have acknowledged and accepted that yes, my bad for the negligence. EDIT: The issue I am having is that there is no motive other than being a unicorn, there is no interaction other than being a unicorn.  

You may not be able to fathom why I would leave them in a 'storage room', however having that many items on me (I didn't know about invcat then, now I do) was a huge headache, especially when accidentally sipping chalices instead of cups of booze due to the same noun working for both. Having 50 packs filled with shit and the various decay times is irritating. 

The house deed is an artifact and had already been used. I'm not sure why I still have a physical item outside of it being a proof of purchase. 
This discussion has been closed.