Dr. Janus DAMN Anfini

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited July 2013 in Self-Affirmations

hater-free zone
ಠ_ಠ

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    There are no words.
  • You nearly got thrown off of a wings exit.

I was cracking up, A++ would let him bum smokes off my text girlfriend again.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Lin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I have always liked Anfini. He was my first exposure to the Syssin when I was a brand new Paladin learning what venoms were. He made some market ad about venoms. Little me went, oh, I use those! I told him that I wanted to buy some. He said meet me on the Delos bridge. Eventually I found my way there, and OMG this guy was DRINKING voyria. Talk about awesome. I had no idea how venom milking worked, either, so he dazzled me with some story about how he had like snakes and stuff inside his mouth. I was pretty impressed.

Imagine my delight when I eventually joined the Syssin and got to be a guildie with this awesome guy. I actually really did enjoy it. I rarely saw much of him, but I was pretty much a lurker back then. I remember him adding a ton of spice and character to GT, and he taunted Ensoi about me being higher GR, and he taught me to use guild secretary privs to see who is wearing panties and what color. Cool guy.

He actually was one of my RP idols - it took me a few years to figure out what this RP jazz was all about and reading logs from him just dazzled me. What a brilliant, crazy, bold character, and I suspect that inspired me when I was developing Moi's personality. So, he's basically to blame for me being over-the-top. :P

As for him nowadays. 

It's very odd to be Spirean for Moi, let me just state that. I keep forgetting that I'm Chair and in charge of people like Anfini and Moi keeps waiting for Severn to pop out and say "lol artifice'd", so it's always jarring both IC and OOC to see people like Anfini treating Moi like someone in charge.

That being said, his character is awesome and I have really really enjoyed our interactions so far. He's hilarious over CT and really interesting in person. He's got this great first impression of a travelling snake oil salesman, full of mostly BS and fake cure-alls, but I'm sensing that - despite his very played up persona of being a rather careless and not entirely competent doctor - he does actually have concern mixed in there. It might be more for the individual patients, versus some broad trend, but I've definitely seen him show some worry for Moi and Eleanor (in that log you pasted a monthish ago). That little layer of complexity is nice - I got the sense that Anfini was almost concerned that his own doctoring might have made things worse after the last interaction, which is a really interesting thing to wrestle with.

His view of the divine is curious and I would love to poke at that more, when Moi's not passing out and puking and stuff. :P

Awesome writing and very fun to read. You do great things with emotes and your pacing is great. There are slow moments when I can get out large chunks, but you're happy firing off quick stuff to break that up. I quite enjoy it.

Also, I have your web boots.

>_>
    LinNolaAldric
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I wish I could like that post more than once. ; - ; MANLY, PATRIOTIC, SPIREAN TEARS
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I do so want to interact with him. He seems like a fascinating character from what I've heard and very minorly seen. Now that Bene is unenemied to Spinesreach I'm hoping that they will bump into one another
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2013
    I don't really know what I can say here that I haven't already told you a billion times and a half already. Anfini is ridiculously hilarious to be around, even when he's being serious, you know it can only last so long until something real smart, smarmy, or sarcastic comes out to play. Obviously, I've heard years worth of stories about the man but this was the first time that I got the chance to actually roleplay with him.

What started as her being nosy at an already grouchy doctor soon turned into a brawl that they both bonded over. Now, sometimes they'll say the same thing at the same time, which is creepy but also hilarious. He's also become the person that she'll go to when she's got something on her mind eating at her which has also been great because it's helped Piper to slowly grow up as she learns to properly express herself. She still has a long way to go but it's been fun watching Anfini nudge her along and not just blow her off when she gets hot under the collar or shows her age in a burst of anger. Much, MUCH appreciation for that.

I keep wanting to Prefix or Suffix the guy as Quack Doctor. Your writing is right good and you got a pretty mouth.
    Lin
  • Every time I interact with Anfini it seems as though it's by accident, and every time I walk away with positive feelings about the interaction. Whether it's going all Detective on you cause SOMEONE happened to make the Great Spark disappear (yes I remember that, dammit) or getting the short straw in your direcall lottery, it genuinely is always fun interacting with the good Doctor, even if it's just an idle conversation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Did you even interact with him in the direcall thing, @Rivas?  I was too stunned to even emote back before he left.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Rivas said:
    Every time I interact with Anfini it seems as though it's by accident, and every time I walk away with positive feelings about the interaction. Whether it's going all Detective on you cause SOMEONE happened to make the Great Spark disappear (yes I remember that, dammit) or getting the short straw in your direcall lottery, it genuinely is always fun interacting with the good Doctor, even if it's just an idle conversation.
    I'm still sore about the Great Spark thing. I don't care if it was bug abuse! It was the caper of the century!
    Rivas
  • @Arbre: We chatted briefly about it afterwards, yes'm.

@Anfini: image

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Interacted with him yesterday... extremely fascinating!
  • After seeing the pinup, title should be Dr Janus DAAYYYYYUMMMM Anfini
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    MoireanEleanorLin