PK and clans

2»

Comments

• Yes, there is. The issue is your lack of consideration for other people and your need to justify and defend everything you do, or act as if you've done nothing that could even be thought of as wrong on a level of showing common decency, even if its upsetting and toxic to other people.

Even if it is, which is the worst part, INTENTIONALLY so. 

No it doesn't affect my gaming. No it doesn't affect my RP. YES, it does affect my life, maybe not directly, but in a way that makes me sick to my stomach to think you really see nothing wrong with what you do, and for feeling like such a mistreatment of other people who are playing this game is FUNNY, because you seem to have this boiling sense of being victimized, inside and outside the game, when in fact, you yourself are a large part of that problem. 

So let me be clear when I say this: you will receive no sympathy from me in any way.  

TozIllikaalSaritaAngweCiarelleJensen
  • one could certainly argue that being enemies to a clan has the same impact as getting pk'd - it is, after all, just a change in a few lines of code.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

HavenArbre
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Not that I'm condoning anything, but that's an entirely silly argument and you know it :P.
    Illikaal
  • I'd say what makes me so upset is that it is a form of OOC harassment for the only reason being: someone's amusement. 
    Aldric

• Nola said:
    Yes, there is. The issue is your lack of consideration for other people and your need to justify and defend everything you do, or act as if you've done nothing that could even be thought of as wrong on a level of showing common decency, even if its upsetting and toxic to other people.

Even if it is, which is the worst part, INTENTIONALLY so. 

No it doesn't affect my gaming. No it doesn't affect my RP. YES, it does affect my life, maybe not directly, but in a way that makes me sick to my stomach to think you really see nothing wrong with what you do, and for feeling like such a mistreatment of other people who are playing this game is FUNNY, because you seem to have this boiling sense of being victimized, inside and outside the game, when in fact, you yourself are a large part of that problem. 

So let me be clear when I say this: you will receive no sympathy from me in any way.  

Im confused we still talking about Calipso or, what Dask mentioned? :/

Calipso
  • Dask's is an entirely different topic. I'm not getting into that one. Everyone has already said what I would think of, if I had wanted to. 

• Should I mention I enemied Damariel to the clan for being away?

Thought it'd just toss that up there O:-)
  • ..but why? What good could that possibly be doing you? Is it really that entertaining to be harassing people like that?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Calipso said:
    Illidan said:
    Calipso said:
    Xavin said:
    Apparently it's cool to go after people who pull you out of phase in a city you're enemied to, and to use real-life months old org versus org conflicts as a reason to go after people who have nothing to do with you.
    I one time got PK'd for suggesting to someone that has a shout of croaking, that it sounds like a frog. Another time for saying an insult about someone to someone else and that person heard and so went to claim cause for it. Another time I had someone claiming cause for using the term "dunce".

Time to grow that chest-hair out.
    P sure it was for one of two things: You having a bounty, or you having a bounty. But then again, in your mind, Duiran griefed you repeatedly for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I also recall you filing a lot of issues that all got dropped, so lets not try and play the 'poor me' game. You've already rapidly built yourself a reputation of doing things to rightfully give someone reasonable cause to PK you, then act surprised when they actually do it. I call this the Calipso Effect(tm). 
    Actually only 3 issues. One against Exayne for over a month of harassment, and one against you which resulted in you getting peaced, and then another at you for your harassment because of anger over  getting peaced which resulted in that zap if you recall. :)

Edit: Incoming flagging
    Actually, my peacing had nothing to do with the issue that -you- filed, for starters. Secondly, I didn't get peaced because of your issue (which got dropped). I got zapped because Veritas can't handle even minor amounts of trollery or sarcasm in issues, even when the issue filed from the person is completely baseless, hardly readable, and shouldn't have been filed in the first place, such as issuing someone because they claimed your bounties. Just saying. 

Carry on peoples!
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Arbre said:

These things changed or the people quit playing because we, as a whole, decided we were not going to put up with this sort of crap.  It's not gone completely, it never will be, but if we as a community work to improve, it'll taper out.
    This, right here, is the reason I am playing in Aetolia and not Imperian. 

The fact that this community actually cares about fostering a positive environment in the game and outside of it, and that people actually -consider- how their actions might genuinely disrupt other folk's playing experience in a really negative way makes a huge difference in the quality of the game.

Without it, things quickly degenerate. 

Doing things for the lulz factor that can negatively impact other players is really childish and even if the perpetrator feels the disruption to be extremely minor, it's still a disruption, and it lowers the standards of the gaming environment. 

The fact that people are saying this makes me feel like I picked the right game to return to.

In relation to this situation, how is 'enemying someone to a clan' even particularly entertaining? I feel like you really need to expand your horizons a bit if that is what you are doing to find amusement in a game with so many other options. 

Plus! When you foster a game environment where childish behavior is quickly sorted by players who care, then you can actually RP conflict and strife and the icky/interesting parts of life in an alternate reality and (hopefully) less people will take it personally, because the game has been built up on a foundation of respect and decency between players. In theory, at least. 

Anywho, thank you for not sucking, Aetolia. 
    imageimage
    AngweArbreMoireanNola
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Minarael said:
    Arbre said:

These things changed or the people quit playing because we, as a whole, decided we were not going to put up with this sort of crap.  It's not gone completely, it never will be, but if we as a community work to improve, it'll taper out.
    This, right here, is the reason I am playing in Aetolia and not Imperian. 

The fact that this community actually cares about fostering a positive environment in the game and outside of it, and that people actually -consider- how their actions might genuinely disrupt other folk's playing experience in a really negative way makes a huge difference in the quality of the game.

Without it, things quickly degenerate. 

Doing things for the lulz factor that can negatively impact other players is really childish and even if the perpetrator feels the disruption to be extremely minor, it's still a disruption, and it lowers the standards of the gaming environment. 

The fact that people are saying this makes me feel like I picked the right game to return to.

In relation to this situation, how is 'enemying someone to a clan' even particularly entertaining? I feel like you really need to expand your horizons a bit if that is what you are doing to find amusement in a game with so many other options. 

Plus! When you foster a game environment where childish behavior is quickly sorted by players who care, then you can actually RP conflict and strife and the icky/interesting parts of life in an alternate reality and (hopefully) less people will take it personally, because the game has been built up on a foundation of respect and decency between players. In theory, at least. 

Anywho, thank you for not sucking, Aetolia. 
    All my agrees. Even if I engage in some childish/petty stuff myself from time to time.
  • Did this really need it's own thread ><.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    It was a three-page derail.  Smile that I didn't name it 'PK, clans, and Calipso'.
    AldricLinNola
  • Arbre said:
    It was a three-page derail.  Smile that I didn't name it 'PK, clans, and Calipso'.
    A thread dedicated to me would be too much of an ego boost ^^
    AldricLinIllikaalDaskalosMoireanXavinMissari
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Don't think anyone here is attempting to boost your ego.
    RivasNola
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Of note, I'm enemied to two clans:

The Kool Kidz Klub, Griefers Anonymous                                

Congratulations, Calipso. You're in the rarified company of Ladrana. If that doesn't say all it needs to about your petty clan enemying, then nothing else will.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    ...Ladrana would make her clan acronym the KKK.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    IllikaalRivas
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited June 2013
    Iono about the rest of the world, but down here in the great racist state of Oklahoma that is a running joke for younger members of the KKK and just racist people in general. Is Ladrana shrubbed?

Edit: Misread all of that and thought it was Calipso's clan. Had to fix that.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Spoiler: I think she is. Permabanned from the forums at the very least, from what I know.
  • I would expect that getting killed by Azton had a lot more to do with @Calipso's general behavior, and not enemying him to the clan.  You've kind of set yourself up as an OOC and IC antagonist, someone who it's fashionable to dislike even.  

I'm not saying that you bring it all on yourself, Calipso, or that you're always treated fairly, but a great deal of it seems to be prefaced with you doing something to deliberately provoke someone, or even a large number of people.   It seems to be your modus operandi, both in the game and on the forums to a certain extent.  I'm just a little unsure what you gain from enemying a bunch of people to an OOC clan.  It seems like a lot of trouble for you without much reward.  Unless it's the trouble that you're looking for, then I suppose enemying them is its own reward.
    Aldric
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    The only reward she's going to get is being PK'd a bunch of times, filing invalid issues, then whining on the forums about how she's being griefed for no reason. This all seems so strangely familiar. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited June 2013
    I would expect that getting killed by Azton had a lot more to do with @Calipso's general behavior, and not enemying him to the clan.  You've kind of set yourself up as an OOC and IC antagonist, someone who it's fashionable to dislike even.  

I'm not saying that you bring it all on yourself, Calipso, or that you're always treated fairly, but a great deal of it seems to be prefaced with you doing something to deliberately provoke someone, or even a large number of people.   It seems to be your modus operandi, both in the game and on the forums to a certain extent.  I'm just a little unsure what you gain from enemying a bunch of people to an OOC clan.  It seems like a lot of trouble for you without much reward.  Unless it's the trouble that you're looking for, then I suppose enemying them is its own reward.
    I didn't pk it yet.. I issued myself to make sure I wasn't breaking the RULES OF THE GAME if I did pk her for enemying me to an ooc clan. The Admin who messaged me said I was in my rights as she cant not force ooc interaction on me.. Since enemy me to its dumb ass clan it brought it icly.... like I tried to explain to Haven, people cant enemy you to something for No reason but his/her own amusement without dying for it, Granted if it had legal reasons to enemy me I wouldn't care.. but it didn't!!! ...

Just stupid ass people created an OOC clan to grief over 20+ people by enemy them just for a dumb ass reason... the amusement of "I'm a better griefer then you" When as far as I know I've only ever greifed one person and keep as far away from Calipso as you would to STDs!.. and she deserved every bit of it (no not calipso)

On the Ladarna person, I was told Calipso and her is the same person!

• Azton said:
    I would expect that getting killed by Azton had a lot more to do with @Calipso's general behavior, and not enemying him to the clan.  You've kind of set yourself up as an OOC and IC antagonist, someone who it's fashionable to dislike even.  

I didn't pk it yet.. I issued myself to make sure I wasn't breaking the RULES OF THE GAME if I did pk her for enemying me to an ooc clan. The Admin who messaged me said I was in my rights as she cant not force ooc interaction on me.. Since enemy me to its dumb ass clan it brought it icly.... like I tried to explain to Haven, people cant enemy you to something for No reason but his/her own amusement without dying for it, Granted if it had legal reasons to enemy me I wouldn't care.. but it didn't!!! ...

Just stupid ass people created an OOC clan to grief over 20+ people by enemy them just for a dumb ass reason...

On the Ladarna person, I was told Calipso and her is the same person!
    My mistake, I thought you'd done it already.  That said, the rest of what I said stands.  And I wasn't saying that you were breaking the rules of the game either.  I wasn't sure if that was your read on it, but it's what the capslock suggested to me and I didn't mean to imply you did anything wrong.  If anything it improves my view of you as a player for getting a little admin input before leaping into a situation of what might otherwise be questionable PK.
  • heh its not questionable pk its more an OOC Clan if It was an IC clan I wouldn't have got clarification over it, didn't want to break ooc/ic rules :P

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

This should be a fun read, though it's about a year old. The things you find on pastebin! It goes into Galleus dealing with IC\OOC separation.

http://pastebin.com/PaVB7nUe

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Hadoryu
  • Daskalos said:

This should be a fun read, though it's about a year old. The things you find on pastebin! It goes into Galleus dealing with IC\OOC separation.

http://pastebin.com/PaVB7nUe

I remember when that happened :P I have better issues then that ... ic/ooc stuff lol..

but yeah some people in Aetolia need to understand OOC is OOC and IC is IC not IC is OOC... or if ic things are becoming ooc.. GO FOR A WALK!

Minarael
  • well this is an interesting thread, although wasnt it against the forum rules to make threads that target out a player, if I recall correctly?
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    This has run its course.
This discussion has been closed.