Hypnosis - ruling?

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
So I've finally decided to check out what Syssin PvP is like and I found out something very interesting that I'm not entirely sure is a bug or something intentional that no one knew/thought about. Everyone has always told me this is the proper procedure for PvP as a Syssin:

1. Hypnotise Target
  2. Dstab + suggest Target affliction
  3. Seal Target Time allotted to start chain. Example: Seal Isto 3 (will start my hypnosis chain after 3 seconds of snapping)
  4. Snap target when ready to begin chain alongside dstab
Example of above procedure: http://pastehtml.com/view/d63ye4jls.html

Unfortunately, once the chain ended or if you wanted to change your offense, you had to restart the procedure. Since sealing the target takes three seconds of equilibrium, it slowed you down considerably and made maintaining affliction pressure rough/non-existent during this period.

However, I was toying around with the class and trying to get a feel for it while testing things with Isto and discovered that you could keep a hypnosis chain going indefinitely so long as hypnosis wasn't broken. This could be done by changing the order of the standard procedure everyone seems to use and setting the seal first:

1. Hypnotise Target
  2. Seal Target Time
  3. Hypnotise Target
  4. DStab + Suggest Target Affliction
  5. Snap to begin chain.
  6. DStab + Suggest Target Affliction to add to currently firing chain.
Example of perceived bug: http://pastehtml.com/view/d63z6gzps.html

What does this mean exactly? It means that once I start a fight as a Syssin, I never have to reseal to change/add to my hypnosis chain and worry about losing my affliction pressure so long as I keep suggesting after it's started or if the hypnosis breaks for whatever reason. Not sure what breaks a hypnosis currently beyond the chain reaching the end of its list or the person leaving the room. Anyway, I was told to make a thread to get this to the attention of people faster and get a ruling.
¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited June 2013
    In my experience as Syssin, the hypnosis dying off isn't really an issue because if the fight goes longer than more than about thirty to forty seconds as a Syssin, you should probably back off anyways and rethink what you're doing. (that's about 8-12 hypno firings)

Though, process two does sound a little weird.

• That does sound like a bug.

• Would be nice if it was intentional, as it allows a syssin some control in regards to what hypnosis actually does. And it's not like its OP, breaking hypnosis isn't exactly difficult (leave the room/keep vision skill up even though I've noted it dropping on its own rather frequently). Hypnosis is only hugely useable for 2 affs, confusion and impatience, the rest aren't necessary for a lock, especially when they're firing when you -need- hypnosis and/or confusion. But I agree, think it's a bug.
  • IF that hasn't been fixed yet it should be. It is indeed a bug. We had a bug with that awhile back where you could keep suggesting while the chain was going on. It isn't met to be a continuous chain.
  • ExodusExodus New Zealand
    Hypnosis has come a long way though. Still, it wouldn't be hypnosis if it didn't have a bug or two.