Workplace Woes

Okay - So I can't remember the title from oldforums, but I had an awful day at work yesterday and thought about that thread. Decided to make one here.

For anyone that has those days (or nights) at work where nothing seems to go right, we want to hear!

Comments

• I'll start off.

My grandparents wanted my son early yesterday, so I was about forty-five mins early to work. My manager sees me and goes, "Oh! You're early. I need to run and do something so let me clock you in." I'm like, yay they've been cutting my hours so an extra forty-five mins would be great.

Day is running half-way smoothly and then one of my cashiers calls for assistance. I go to see what the issue is and immediately I am receiving glares from the customer. She said the Tide we have on sale isn't on the shelf and she wants to substitute it for the Tide w/ Bleach that's about the same size. I point out that we have an ENTIRE display right in front of the door stocked full with the correct item. She says nevermind, she doesn't want it. I smile and nod my head and cart the item over to the buggy we place items that go back to the shelf. The same cashier calls for assistance again. Same customer. She said the ribs she picked up were suppose to be $1.99/lb. I point out that the ribs she got were not the right ribs, she picked up the BOGOF pork ribs and the St. Louis spare ribs were the ones on sale. She doesn't want them so I have the bagger take them back. Then, before I have a chance to walk away, I hear her tell the cashier "I have a raincheck, do you need help with that too?" so I turn back around and go ahead and do the raincheck for the cashier as it was for a meat product and most of the cashiers don't know how to do those (and in their defence, most managers don't either). Well, everything was fine and my manager asked if I wanted my lunch, so I went. I came back and am counting one of the cashiers tills when the bagger asks me, "Did Amy get onto you about that customer saying you were rude?" I had just spent my lunch in the managers office with Amy (my manager) and she didn't mention anything about it. Apparently, the customer stopped Amy and told her I was very rude about the ribs and she didn't think I did the raincheck correctly for the chicken. Amy looked it over and ended up giving the woman the ribs at $1.99/lb and gave her a discount on the chicken (even though it was done correctly).  

tl;dr: I hate when customers decide to go over my head and the manager appeases them instead of backing me up when the manager -knows- I'm right. 
    AryannePiper