Short Questions

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Why does this keep picking random commands and attaching it to the prompt?  It never used to but it's now doing it on newcomputer (I've updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 if it matters).

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    You're not subbing out your prompt are you? Do you use wrapwidth 0?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Wrapwidth is 0.  My prompt trigger:
    [spoiler]
    ^H:(%d)%sM:(%d)%sE:(%d)%sW:(%d)%s%n%s%w%s%n%s%w%s(%d)%s~[(*) (*) (*)~]$

#VAR currenthealth %1
    #VAR currentmana %2
    #VAR currentendurance %3
    #VAR currentwillpower %4
    #VAR bleed %5
    #IF (%1=maxhealth AND %2=maxmana AND %5>0) {#VAR recklessness 1}
    #VAR blackout 0
    #SAYP %ansi( cyan)~ %time( hh:mm.ss)
    #IF %pos( d, %6) {#VAR deaf 1} {#VAR deaf 0}
    #IF %pos( b, %6) {#VAR blind 1} {#VAR blind 0}
    #IF %pos( p, %6) {#VAR prone 1} {#VAR prone 0}
    #IF %pos( e, %7) {#VAR equilibrium 1} {#VAR equilibrium 0}
    #IF %pos( b, %7) {#VAR balance 1} {#VAR balance 0}
    #IF %pos( r, %8) {#VAR right_arm_balance 1} {#VAR right_arm_balance 0}
    #IF %pos( l, %8) {#VAR left_arm_balance 1} {#VAR left_arm_balance 0}
    HEALTHPERCENT=%eval( %norm( %1)/%norm( @maxhealth))
    MANAPERCENT=%eval( %norm( %2)/%norm( @maxmana))
    ENDURANCEPERCENT=%eval( %norm( %3)/%norm( @maxendurance))
    WILLPOWERPERCENT=%eval( %norm( %4)/%norm( @maxwillpower))
    EXPERIENCEPERCENT=%eval( %norm( @xpnow)/%norm( @xptotal))
    #IF (@quartering AND %1=@aim AND @balance AND @equilibrium AND @left_arm_balance AND @right_arm_balance AND @Q1LL) {mll}
    [/spoiler]

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Huh, why are you capturing off prompt and not GMCP? The latter is like 10x more efficient and much easier.
    I'm not fancy enough for that stuff (it's way beyond me, I have no idea how it works).
  • Also, you can't capture gmcp with zmud, at least as far as I know.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    CMud yes. ZMud no.

• Arbre said:
    (I've updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8 if it matters).

Windows 8 Master Race (Dem Boot Times). Also, your problem is experienced commonly by a lot of users, it happens like really randomly. Not sure if it's a derp on the client/system or on the server sending. Last time it happened to me though was like a year ago on one of the mudlet betas. So I'm going to hazard a guess it's a client side. Happened a lot to me on zmud/cmud, never really on either of the old flash clients. 
    The weird thing is that it never happened to me until I got this new computer.  Now I have triggers not firing and it's very inconvenient.
  • Usually a problem like this has several things happening to make it so. Is the version of your client up to date? Do you have anything custom stuff going on with your prompt from your client where it might be followed by something that doesn't always have a line break at the end of it? Do you have any weird echos going on that take play at the end of your prompt or fire after it? Those could also take away a line break if they're not set up correctly and cause things to be tacked on, since there's no previous line break. 
  • I have a whole set of triggers that aren't firing for me, @Arbre. I use cMUD. They worked one day and not the next. Sent them to someone to test and they worked fine for them. I started a brand new, clean session. Still didn't work. Plus, I'm getting the same thing with weird things popping out at the end of my prompt or with my prompt going into my chat window. 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    There's an issue where cMud can have corrupted settings and doing a complete uninstall (including wiping out the AppData folders) can fix it. There's a thread about it on the ZuggSoft forums somewhere.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Mastema
  • Depends on how corrupted it is. Miss' was so bad that it would crash the client after running just a couple of scripts (and continuing to do so after 3 fresh installs), and since Zugg's dropped support of cMUD, she was basically forced to switch to Mudlet.

So, if zMUD/cMUD are acting up and you can't seem to fix the problem (aside from going through all your code and weeding out what might be the issue), I suggest switching to Mudlet and having people help you learn that language.
    One day I'll grow up and be a big kid and learn Lua...... today is not that day.
    PerilunaXavinXiuhcoatl
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    How long do suggestions last on a target before fading entirely without a snap?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Is this mean to be showing as a problem..

You are afflicted with ablaze.
    You are afflicted with: ablaze
    press orbis
    You press an orbis poultice against your skin, rubbing it into your flesh.
    The raging fire about your skin goes out.
    You have cured ablaze.
    The poultice mashes uselessly against your body

Why would it mash uselessly against my body, SINCE it just cured me... ??

• That's a bug, been happening for a while.

• Am I the only person that constantly thinks Ezalor and Barda are females, those names just seem too feminine to me. Like they were made to be traps or something. 
    ArekaStathanLuthienPeriluna
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2013
    Man, in between that and your constant telling me of how much you love traps and how I should wear a dress and stockings and become one, I'm kinda starting to fear for my safety.
    XiuhcoatlAldricStathanAngweLinPerilunaAarbrok
  • Pics please.
    Xiuhcoatl
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden

Ezrax
     said:
    Pics please.

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]

I couldn't help myself. Sorry, @Eleanor if I ruined the picture with my sketching. <.<

LinAngweHavenEzalorPeriluna
    AardeEzalorHadoryuAarbrok
  • edited June 2013

Xiuhcoatl asked me how big my hips were a few weeks ago, I am still scared  :-O

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    StathanEzalor
  • I've got the eye sigil thing mostly figured out, but how do you actually know if someone is phased in your room or area?

Tyrai
  • A bell tattoo can tell you.

• Ilyon said:
    A bell tattoo can tell you.
    bell tattoo tells you if someone is phased in the room with you,

also tells you if someone has you mind locked .. 

Mastema
  • Also tells you about angel mindread.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    And stairs.
    Throwing an eye sigil won't prevent you from being mindlocked, but if you go find the monk responsible and throw it -at- them it might help.
    Kerryn
  • @Arbre Your problem is likely to do with the way the mud sends line breaks. This happens in mushclient, which you can fix in output by selecting the Convert IAC EOR/GA to new line option in output. I can't remember what you can do about it in zmud, it's been such a long long time since i used it.
    Rawr