Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    did you all stop to think that perhaps this was one quest of 4 that could be coming out that will involve a beast to spawn in all 4 cities that will challenge each person, even dealing with enemy statuses with said cities?  just a thought here
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Atrapoema
    rage:  How long it takes for bugs to be fixed, if ever at all!!   grrrr  I mean I get it, there are not that many people in the coding pools that can fix the bugs but at least assign a week or day or something where one person goes over them, and tries to solve them, instead of just merging them into another that has already been submitted and then letting it sit even further!  And yes I get it, some are so complex that it may change and entire class and such, but for the ones that would be a var change or adding in another var or just a quick fix, then get it done and move on.  This affects new players just as much as the old ones and could stop them from playing.  I know I have stopped playing for a few months at a time just because a bug was not getting taken care of!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Macavity said:
    rage:  How long it takes for bugs to be fixed, if ever at all!!   grrrr  I mean I get it, there are not that many people in the coding pools that can fix the bugs but at least assign a week or day or something where one person goes over them, and tries to solve them, instead of just merging them into another that has already been submitted and then letting it sit even further!  And yes I get it, some are so complex that it may change and entire class and such, but for the ones that would be a var change or adding in another var or just a quick fix, then get it done and move on.  This affects new players just as much as the old ones and could stop them from playing.  I know I have stopped playing for a few months at a time just because a bug was not getting taken care of!
    We don't know the code so it's a bit unfair to say how easy a bug may or may not be to fix. Beyond that, I agree in that I wish bug fixes were faster/frequent.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Mastema
  • edited June 2013
    I would love bugs to get fixed too. Yet I know for a fact a couple of the ones I have reported are not easy to fix, as they are old code issues. Still having said that I have noticed they get looked at more in the last 12 months than when I started 4-5 years ago, which is always nice.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I really hate how lame players can get in competitions no matter what it is.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ArbreCalipsoKerrynStathanXiuhcoatlSarkis
  • Daskalos is quickly carried up into the skies.
    H:6090 M:7035 E:99% W:84% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdb eb lr]
    You place your fingers to your mouth, and focusing mentally on your trusty steed you blow hard, creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
    A donkey trots in, beckoned by its master's call.
    H:6090 M:7035 E:100% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdb eb lr]
    You swiftly swing up onto a donkey.
    You begin to flap your wings powerfully, and rise quickly up into the firmament.
    Flying above Oak Forest Glade.
    --- Area 29: The Fields of Valor -- v2338 ---

[ ]
                                    /
                     [ ]-[ ] [ ]-[ ]
                        \ | /   \
                     [ ]-[+]     [ ]
                      |           | 
                     [ ]     [ ]-[ ]
                        \   /
                         [ ]
                          | 
                         [ ]-[ ]
                            \ | 
                             [ ]

--- Oak Forest Glade ------------- -2:1:0 ---
    The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here. Daskalos is here. He wields a spiritual mace in his left hand and an anaxagorite-encrusted buckler in 
    his right.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, west, and northwest.
    Balance Used: 4.00 seconds
    H:6090 M:7035 E:99% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdba e- lr]
    Daskalos flies away to the north.
    H:6090 M:7035 E:99% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdba e- lr]
    A donkey falls away to the ground.
    H:6090 M:7035 E:100% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdba e- lr]
    Daskalos flies in from the northwest.
    You see Daskalos wheel and dive earthwards, alighting easily on the ground far below.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    H:6090 M:7035 E:100% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdba eb lr]
    You begin to descend, the wind whistling past you as the earth draws ever closer. You land easily, back on the ground again.
    Oak Forest Glade.
    --- Area 29: The Fields of Valor -- v2338 ---

[ ]
                                    /
                     [ ]-[ ] [ ]-[ ]
                        \ | /   \
                     [ ]-[+]     [ ]
                      |           | 
                     [ ]     [ ]-[ ]
                        \   /
                         [ ]
                          | 
                         [ ]-[ ]
                            \ | 
                             [ ]

--- Oak Forest Glade ------------- -2:1:0 ---
    A stout donkey stands patiently by, waiting for a burden. The shining figure of a guardian angel floats in the air here. Daskalos is here. He wields a spiritual mace 
    in his left hand and an anaxagorite-encrusted buckler in his right.
    You see exits leading north, northeast, west, and northwest.
    H:6090 M:7035 E:99% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdb eb lr]
    You cease to wield a black voidstaff in your right hand, securing it conveniently on your weaponbelt.
    You pull a morning star from your weaponbelt fluidly.
    You begin to wield a morning star in your right hand.
    I do not recognize anything called that here.
    You slowly pull back a morning star, readying yourself for a devastating strike.
    Balance Used: 2.26 seconds
    H:6090 M:7035 E:99% W:85% S:100% Bl: 0 XP:2301100/5926321 [csdb e- lr]
    Daskalos's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Chanting a vibrant mantra, Daskalos raises his arms up. Painful bolts of lightning smoke into a donkey, leaving him white-faced and spent.
    The final blow proves too much for a donkey, who expires, pitifully.
    A donkey has been slain by Daskalos.
    A donkey, your loyal companion, has been slain by Daskalos.
    CalipsoDaskalosFenrir
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited June 2013
    You kept trying to team me. Be an ass, lose an ass.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Fenrir
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm just gonna go ahead and stop this here before it goes down predictable avenues.
    StathanPiperEsperXiuhcoatlAarde
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Haven said:
    Actually, I found most people were pretty fair in that Brawl. Beyond Rou trying to snipe people while they were fighting, everyone else I encountered was good about teaming. When it was 5 of us left, even though we were jammed into 1 room in a huge clusterunicorns, we let each other 1v1 a pair at a time.

Then again I didn't really do anything that Brawl besides chase Rou around and then die to Xiuhcoatl.
    MoireanXiuhcoatlDhar
  • edited June 2013
    Ezalor said:
    Haven said:
    Actually, I found most people were pretty fair in that Brawl. Beyond Rou trying to snipe people while they were fighting, everyone else I encountered was good about teaming. When it was 5 of us left, even though we were jammed into 1 room in a huge clusterunicorns, we let each other 1v1 a pair at a time.

Then again I didn't really do anything that Brawl besides chase Rou around and then die to Xiuhcoatl.
    I actually was surprised at how well people did in teaming. The only one who really did it was like 2 people, and if you were being sniped just had to send a tell to the other person and they stopped it pretty quickly. TBH I disagree that lame players shouldn't be allowed to enter, a win is a win no matter how it's attained. However, I have pretty romantic views of games. Almost got teamed down like 3 times in that, but either just asking for a break and explaining the situation or getting out of it on my own stopped it. 

Kinda mad Illidan and Isto weren't there. They're who I really wanted to fight in the TFA, and I'm pretty sure I would have lost to one or the other if it came down to it. Most people have offenses I already know too well so weaving inbetween them makes it incredibly easy to get kills, those two are the only ones who mix it up. Not to mention I really need to figure out a way to stop that torc of telepathy from messing my day up or the loki spam of shaman class into being bashed to death or empowered instant kill.
  • I had an instance where I actually crashed Mudlet (leave it up for days might be bad), and Rou was kind enough to let me reset. So at least he wasn't too much of a slippery bastard.
    Xiuhcoatl
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    This is always my biggest complaint when I play games, so I feel you. The biggest impediment to good bug fixing is the sheer scale of the list. A solid 40% at least of our bug list is no longer applicable - skills were replaced in a revamp, the bug was fixed and not marked as such, or it's simply a duplicate. Weeding through all that chaff to find the wheat (and especially wheat relevant to you personally) is difficult indeed. However, that doesn't eliminate the need for us to go through and fix things, nor does it allay your frustration. Expect a thread from me soon for some options.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • glorified orgs getting instant  attention to any whinings they have, just to make them shut up.
    MunsiaAren
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    Ezalor said:
    Haven said:

I actually was surprised at how well people did in teaming. The only one who really did it was like 2 people, and if you were being sniped just had to send a tell to the other person and they stopped it pretty quickly. TBH I disagree that lame players shouldn't be allowed to enter, a win is a win no matter how it's attained. However, I have pretty romantic views of games. Almost got teamed down like 3 times in that, but either just asking for a break and explaining the situation or getting out of it on my own stopped it. 

Kinda mad Illidan and Isto weren't there. They're who I really wanted to fight in the TFA, and I'm pretty sure I would have lost to one or the other if it came down to it. Most people have offenses I already know too well so weaving inbetween them makes it incredibly easy to get kills, those two are the only ones who mix it up. Not to mention I really need to figure out a way to stop that torc of telepathy from messing my day up or the loki spam of shaman class into being bashed to death or empowered instant kill.
    You sorta asked for that when you decided to fight a Shaman in retardation. A lot of people just don't understand how much of a double edged sword it really is. Any affliction class shouldn't have much of a problem with a mage inside of it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Calipso said:
    glorified orgs getting instant  attention to any whinings they have, just to make them shut up.
  • Retardation is a situational skill, like almost every skill in Aetolia.

Every skill, by itself, is utter crap. That's why you use these utter crap skills situationally, to achieve an end-goal.

This is what we call tactics, which is why IRE is lauded for its bombastic player-vs-player conflict and interaction. If this doesn't suit your interests, you are absolutely welcome to go play a SMAUG-mud and type 'kill dude' and hope you land critical blows to the neck.
    BenedictoIllikaalEsper
  • edited June 2013
    Taking a character that I LOVE to play and making a hugely MAJOR shift with him because of boredom and lack of interest in the orgs he was in...

...and finding an even -worse- level of boredom and quiet and silence when I log into him now, in his new life. Sorta feel like the whole shift was a giant waste now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Lin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    ...I'm not boring...
    MephistolesBenedictoAardeRivasMunsia
  • I've decided that cryptic chests aren't worth the gold I'm putting into them :/

Tyrai
    CalipsoFenrirMastemaXiuhcoatl
  • Aarde said:
    I've decided that cryptic chests aren't worth the gold I'm putting into them :/
    That story you hear about Player X pulling a 2000 Credit artifact out of his third chest or Player Y spinning his way to Azudim on the Wheel should be taken as the rarity, not the norm.

Gambling is risky!
    MacavityAarde
  • I've only bought a handful, but I keep getting stuff I won't use, like phoenix hearts or artifact pieces.

Tyrai
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    When people discuss IC stuff that hasn't been out in the open in OOC webs. I don't mind chatting about stuff in webs, I really don't. I actually don't mind it.. but when people start asking what's going on and probably taking it IG without trying to find out through the game, my left eye twitches. I've been guilty of it in the past, I know, but it's something that I'm trying to get a handle on.

I also dislike when I go into those situations by roleplaying out my character because I think everyone else is, too, and end up giving out information that I meant to give.. only they're not. Then I look silly. :(
    LinStathanAngweBaseilAryanneAarbrok
  • RAGE @ Innocently bashing untill being attacked out of the blue!!! Maybe if you learn to HONOURS NAME you will see it is someone new and maybe you should then politely tell them wtf a foci is and why hunting, in an area where it is red, will get you killed on sight.
    PiperMacavityAarbrokLiancaPeriluna
    Rennoc said:
    RAGE @ Innocently bashing untill being attacked out of the blue!!! Maybe if you learn to HONOURS NAME you will see it is someone new and maybe you should then politely tell them wtf a foci is and why hunting, in an area where it is red, will get you killed on sight.
    just so you know, all of us in the game not like that.  So please do not let a bad experience like this stop you from playing or coming back!  It will get better!  =)
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CalipsoMoireanLinLianca
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    What Macavity said. That's not.. the norm for us. Not at all. Hopefully whoever did that to you comes to realized that they're doing a BAD THING and apologize to you or, at the least, not do it again. Sorry you had such a cruddy experience :(
    Moirean
  • Piper said:
    What Macavity said. That's not.. the norm for us. Not at all. Hopefully whoever did that to you comes to realized that they're doing a BAD THING and apologize to you or, at the least, not do it again. Sorry you had such a cruddy experience :(
    Sadly, it isnt likely.
    MoireanArbreArekaXavinMacavityDaskalosIllikaalAldricAarbrokRivasFenrirAngwePerilunaMephistolesAlexina
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Try to start posting positive things on forums, @Calipso.
    MastemaMoireanNolaFenrirAngwePeriluna
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    The new forums. I hate them so much. :(
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• I'm... I don't know, disgruntled by the fact that the people I've been happily playing with have run off, either due to RL reasons (understandable) or to play those godawful RPIs. People get bored and move on, I know, and I have plenty of other games to keep me busy and entertained and content, but I've lost all motivation to play Aet again. And while this normally wouldn't be a bad thing, I actually had been enjoying it again.

Berf.
    XiuhcoatlRivasSolariaLinPeriluna
This discussion has been closed.