The Carnifex Guild

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
I've love some feedback with impressions people have about the guild: good, bad (with ideas for improvement) and so forth! 

Comments

• The only impression I have of them is that they're bloodthirsty rage-face knights with dogs. So, to me at least, they seem a bit one dimensional and simplistic. Then again, I've yet to actually -meet- one, but I don't feel inclined to do so, given my impression of them.  As to ways to fix that, I'm not sure. Something to show they're not simply sword wielding maniacs with a penchant for violence and blood?
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I think you should be less like Knights. The whole Knight thing was old when the Infernals did it.

Seriously, though - one thing I miss about old school 'evil' knights was the solo fight and the 'honor'. You could call them evil bastards, but call them dishonorable and they wanted to fight. I really think there's a lot of potential for Carnifex v Templar intrigue, on the basis of two holy orders, both honor bound by a strict code, going at it. I dunno, the thought of seeing Moirean and Alistaire calling each other out, both meeting at a location, the two guilds cheering on as their leaders wage war... potential for epic is there.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanXenia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Not sure if serious about the Knight thing. I've had people earnestly tell me that they think it's lame, so...

I have been trying to reinforce some of the basic laws that the guild had in place when I joined:

o - A Carnifex is to never run from a fight they start. There is no shame in fighting and dying for your cause in service to the Carnifex Guild.

o - A Carnifex shall never hire an assassin or agree to kill for any type of profit. We are deliverers of Death and Destruction, and therefore, you are expected to spill blood by the work of your own hands.

Nobody's actually called us cowards or anything yet that I've heard, so I made that post about enemy statuses to try to reinforce the rarr rarr we'll duel the world. (plz2b not calling me coward nonstop just for duels I will cryyyy >_<)
    Bakhtuh
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I wasn't serious about part 1... the rest I was.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    edited March 2013
    I like the knight thing. When I was small (before Azudim) I once thought about sitting outside the Black Keep and challenging every Carnifex to a duel. I don't think that would've ended well, but I think it would've ended worse if the Carnifex didn't have a shred of honor to them.

RhoMoireanBakhtuh
  • I've been seeing a lot of this guild throughout the course of Dhar's return and like the general direction it's been going. Not necessarily the biggest guild, but that doesn't seem to stop you guys from trying to be proactive.
    MoireanTsvanniMastema
  • edited March 2013
    <P>I love the Carnifex, it is a small guild like Dhar said, but it is also a very unified one. I think with the new leadership (Moirean) things have started to go in a positive direction, with people now speaking on channels, going hunting and a slow but steady sense of -insert person- must die/suffer etc. </P>
    <P>If anything once the guild starts to find its feet and we start to really push class tactics I think we will be on our way to being pretty feared again. I won't talk about skills as that is for another thread but it does impact on us a fair bit with regard to how we do things. However moving on.</P>
    <P><FONT color=#3366ff>Edited.</FONT></P>
    <P>One thing I do miss is the mass slaughter we would do on random villages and I am sure noone knows her but at one point Chelsea had established blood treaties with villages in the game to serve as outposts that would report to the guild. This sadly fell through and nothing ever came of it. Perhaps this can be revisted one day as it was a lot of fun.</P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    MoireanHavenArbreBakhtuh
    That is a cool idea - and, the slaughter part at least, is a fairly easy one to carry out. I can definitely do stuff what that for the guild. 
  • TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
    Carnifex for life. Best Guild I ever joined, most interesting, most unified, most friendly, and sure as hell the most fun a guild ever brought me on aetolia! In strength!
    Moirean
  • Carnifex has been the most fun I've had in any IRE game so far. I don't really have the head to PK actively so it was surprising how seamlessly Bakhtuh got involved in foci and lesser combat. A lot of the credit for that must go to the guild and its people. The sense of solidarity and purpose in the guild is amazing, very unlike anything I've seen before. It's been great so far. It will, of course, be a lot more awesome when Bakhtuh manages to get his Annual Dog Show idea implemented but you'll just have to wait for that. 

I don't think of the Carnifex as a knights guild. Knights always serve some kind of an external purpose. Whether it is protecting the innocent or as a Kingsguard protecting the lands. The Carnifex are not protectors. I see them as a tight-knit horde of soul eating warriors consolidating power throughout the realms from the Black Keep. Fighting and soul harvesting are just ways of accomplishing this. One reason why I love Iosyne for the guild's patron is that her ideals fit the Carnifex perfectly. Carni vs. Templar would be fun, seeing how different the ideals of both guilds are. 
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.
    Moirean
  • Thank you Moirean!
    Aww now I feel guilty. All I've done is get Etrigan killed. >_>
  • I really love the Carnifex, and don't see them as a group of knights, mostly because they're not centrally located within any one city nor do they specifically go out of their way to affiliate fully with any one city. If anything, I see them as a group of soldiers who are essentially their own little enclave of people who have their own individual ties. 

Since I am relatively new to both Aetolia and the Carnifex, I don't know too much about the history of guild size, but currently it feels like it's a largely growing and thriving guild. I have enjoyed the way the Carnifex have shaped Xenia as a character, and look forward to exploring how surviving the tainting might make her into a darker character. 

Moirean
  • I loved being a Carnifex. And I'll still log in from time to time. Xenia gets to be the next Toz.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xenia
  • I honestly love the Carnifex, it has nice people who are up for a bit of a crack and will take time out to lend a hand. Yet they are also very savage to those who get on the wrong side of the guild which for me is a wonderful thing to behold. I am now looking forward to where we can go with things.Will we try to venture into the underworld still? Will we burn a village to the ground and repopulate it will those only loyal to the cause? Or will we simply bend the cities to our will?

:P

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • I love the Carnifex, the people have made it so fun and inviting even with the quite.. Brutal RP I have had with the guild. The combat is a little.. Bleh right now but I am sure it will get better. As far as the people though @Moirean, @Toz, @Mastema, @Xenia, @Satomi, @Tsvanni, @Aldric, have all added interesting little bits and the rest of the Carnifex I didn't list because I got tired of doing @. 
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    MoireanXeniaTsvanniMastema
  • Made it to Cohort! Feels good man.
    MoireanArbreMastemaAngwe
  • Back to work, recruit. You aren't a Knight yet.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Get out of here, traitor.
    AldricOrisae
  • -tap tap- Is this thing on? Yes? Okay. Hi.

So, I've been a Carnifex about a year or so now, give or take a month or two, and I have had nothing but positive interactions - Even in negative situations.

There was a time when Jura was being snooped on, and someone told Xenia - Xenia was more displeased with the snoop and took care of the issue, showing the point of "Carnifex take care of their own first. Everyone else is second." Frankly, that resonated so well with me that I hold it high regards. Here was this little Soldier, that was aspiring and working _HARD_, being noticed by the Commander and taken care of.

Flash forward to now, Jura has been Knighted, and serves as an Officer. While I haven't been with the guild THAT long, or seen a lot of struggles with the guild - It is a testament to how the guild functions and leadership that keeps the Carnifex fresh and interesting.

Even in internal disagreements between Commander and Officers, or those of any rank, they get worked out in such a way that it pushes both (or more) people forward.

There is a gravity that Tainted Knights and Officers put out, even when lazing about that is unmistakable as a Carnifex. You really sit there and think "These characters,these people, have worked their asses off to get this far. "
    XeniaKanivara