Zaephlyn's Hair Cut

edited June 2013 in Roleplay Logs
Backstory: Zaephlyn comes to hang out with Xenia and Noelle, swapping newbie stories, then Zaeph makes a request. 

Zaephlyn tells you, "How proficient are you with smaller bladed items, like daggers? And I don't mean with throwing and what not, just simple holding them and moving them around." 

You have emoted: Xenia perks up at the mention of missions, "What sort of hunting missions did you have to do?"

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "I'm afraid I'm not very proficient with them at all."

Noelle reaches to wrap an arm around your shoulders, watching the interaction silently. 

Zaephlyn gives a small chuckle as he relaxes into the couch a bit more, the liquor making that easier to do, "It was a mission to gain the title of Tekal and Tekal Lord. I didn't waste any time in doing so, after just six short months of escaping from slavery, I met those goals."

Zaephlyn tells you, "Darn."
You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "Indeed, it is unfortunate, why do you ask?"

Zaephlyn tells you, "Mm, I'm looking for someone suitable to remove the length of hair from my head. I do love it but I feel a change is needed."

Zaephlyn tells you, "I would say it's been at least fourteen years since my hair has been cut off."

You have emoted: Xenia settles against Noelle, resting her hand on Noelle's leg. "What were the goals?"

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "You know, Noelle is pretty good with small blades, I think, you could ask her."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "And she's much better at details than I."

He is an experienced Idreth who stands proud at a height nearing seven feet tall. He has long lengthy arms and legs, with broad shoulders, and lean, slender muscles strung throughout his chest and extremities. He has pale, nearly ashen skin that causes his eyes to stand out all the more. In each eye there is a thick black outline surrounding Zaephlyn's iris, followed by an offset white and royal purple ring of color that hugs his narrow pupil. His thick hair hangs loosely down to mid-back in soft layered black waves. The only thing that breaks the perfect ebony tone of his hair is deep violet streaks pulled from his roots down through the tips. Long chin length bangs swoop across his face to cover his right eye a good majority of the time. Perched on his back are two miniature black feathered wings, they seem to be more for decoration than flight because of their size. He walks with the blessing of Ere. He walks with the blessing of Iosyne. He walks in the favor of Iosyne.

(on his right thumb) : a warped golden ring
                    (lower lip on the left) : a horseshoe ring of ankyril and 
iron
                        (on his left wrist) : a red string bracelet
                       (covering the torso) : a loose-fitted lavender shirt
                             (worn on head) : a jagged circlet of glossy 
obsidian
                        (worn on the shirt) : a red rose
                   (lower lip on the right) : a horseshoe ring of ankyril and 
iron
             (slung over his left shoulder) : an embroidered leather bag
               (hanging from the shoulders) : an emerald crystal-accented, black
velvet cloak
                         (worn on the back) : a dark purple pack
                (on his right index finger) : a bejeweled signet ring
               (on his right middle finger) : a spiked silver ring
 (hanging loosely between his collar bones) : a sulfurous amulet
                         (around the waist) : a hardy black leather weaponbelt
                          (around the neck) : a white crystal amulet
                         (through the nose) : an obsidian oroboros nosering
                         (worn on the legs) : ebony-colored leather pants
                       (on his right wrist) : a bracelet of black and violet 
string
            (strung loosely about his neck) : a choker of black and violet 
string
                         (worn on the feet) : black leather boots with subtle 
purple undertones
                         (worn on a finger) : 5 thin black bands
                 (on his right ring finger) : a red and yellow ring of melted 
gold
                         (around one wrist) : devastating hardy enhancing 
bracers of endurance

Zaephlyn grins lightly revealing his fangs, "Well, to Ascend... and my personal goal was to be one of the youngest to ever Ascend. I'm not sure if I accomplished that, but I feel I did."

Zaephlyn tells you, "I must admit I'm much more at ease with you then I am with my Director!"

You have emoted: Xenia nods her head, "My congratulations."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "I can understand, would you like me to ask her?"

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "I think you could do with a new hair due, and perhaps shorter would look good on you. Frame your face more."

Zaephlyn tells you, "I.. th-.. mm.. if.. you'd like.. to do so..?"

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "If you'd not be too uncomfortable with it."

Zaephlyn tells you, "Sure."

Zaephlyn smiles at you.

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Thank you. I didn't change very much..."

Zaephlyn moves his wings lightly, "Except I got these damned ugly things."

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "Are you any good with small blades? I ask because Zaephlyn asked me to cut his hair but I'm actually not too good with delicate cuts and what not. I wondered if you'd have a steadier hand and sharper eye than me."

Noelle tells you, "I've cut hair before, sure."

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "He doesn't have to know that!"

Noelle tells you, "Sure."

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "Oh, wait, I thought you said never had."

Noelle tells you, "Well, never cut it, but I've seen it done."

You have emoted: Xenia turns to Zaephlyn, "Alright, you will get a haircut, but it will be Noelle who does the handy work."

Noelle tells you, "Has to count for somethin'"

Zaephlyn seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "I agree, I think you'll do fine at it. Better than I would, I'd just chop it off and say it was fine...."

You see the following people here:
Zaephlyn, Xenia, Noelle
H:4661 M:2393 [pdb eb]
You say to Zaephlyn, "Do you have a knife or should I go find one?"

Zaephlyn pulls a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger from his weaponbelt fluidly.

Zaephlyn begins to wield a jewel-encrusted sacrificial dagger in his right hand.

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Will this work?"

You have emoted: Xenia glances over to Noelle, awaiting her answer.

Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen says, "I've a dirk."

Noelle glances down at herself, patting her weaponbelt, "Somewhere 'round here."

You have emoted: Xenia smirks, holding her hand up, "Wait, I think that we should all probably have at least one more drink before doing this," she pauses, pondering the statement, "It'll help with finding a good style."
Zaephlyn nods quietly and offers a smile, "Haha, or making me bald!" He teases as he takes a drink from his cup.

You pick up a battered iron cup.

You sip from a battered iron cup full of "Liquid Steel" and nearly choke on the overwhelmingly strong alcohol content, head buzzing as the kola additives kick in. Beneath it all, a faint iron aftertaste gives the ominous sensation that your gullet has been torn open by the drink's sheer potency.

Zaephlyn sips from a battered iron cup of "Liquid Steel".

You have emoted: Xenia waves her hand dismissively, "I'm just saying, it'll probably help."

The corners of Zaephlyn's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Noelle rises to her feet, smirking, "I've liquid steel on me."

You have emoted: Xenia's hand runs along the Noelle's tail as she stands, rising in kind beside her.

Noelle's form gives a faint, nearly unnoticeable shiver at the touch, her smirk never faltering, "Shall we?"

You have emoted: Xenia nods, glancing down at Zaephlyn, still seated, "Well, are you up for a new look?"

Zaephlyn looks up at the two of you and nods, "Am I staying seated here or are we moving to hang me upside down somewhere?" He smirks.

Noelle shakes her head, moving to stand behind Zaephlyn, "Here is fine, so, what you have in mind?"

You have emoted: Xenia ponders the situation for a moment, "I'll be right back, we should probably lay something down so as not to cause too much of a mess."

Zaephlyn offers a bit of a shrug, "Short. Something I don't have to worry about trying to pull back anymore, it'd be ideal to be bald.. but I rather like having at least, a small amount of hair! Not sure about my bangs.."

-------Xenia goes to find something to catch the hair -----------

Noelle nods sharply, reaching to find a leather cord as to grab the thick hair, tying it in a low ponytail best as she can, "You sure 'bout this? Don't want a crying agent." She asks, pressing the blade of the dirk to the point above the leather strap.

Zaephlyn laughs suddenly at Noelle's comment and nods stiffly, "Yes, I am sure. It's just hair and if we butcher it, it'll grow back. No need for tears!"

You have emoted: Xenia enters the room with a tapestry in hand, "I probably should have gotten a cape, now that I think of it, but this'll do to keep the hair off his clothes."

Noelle smirks and, with a sharp movement of her wrist, cuts above the strap, lifting the tied bundle of curls, now no longer attached to Zaephlyn's hand, "Yeah, when we get to the messy part." She says, then reaches forward, as to show the cut ponytail to the man.

You have emoted: Xenia nods her head, resting the tapestry on the couch, "Whenever you guys are ready for it."

Zaephlyn chuckles again, looking to you, "I'm not worried. I'll just have to climb off my stallion into water at some point and remove my clothes to wash them." He closes his eyes from the weight of the hair being removed from his head and looks at the large, thick pony tail before him, "Maybe my brain will work better without all that to weigh my skull down." He grins and takes the mass of hair.

You have emoted: Xenia nods her head, taking Zaephlyn's words into consideration, "I hadn't noticed a problem, but then again, I'm also not your Director."

Zaephlyn chuckles long and heartily.

Noelle tilts her head as she glances at the man, thinking, "Well... I don't know how to do anythin' fancy, you think about those bangs there and I'll... figure  out, back here." She says, frowning some.

You have emoted: Xenia continues drinking from her cup, watching on in amusement.

You say to Zaephlyn, "I'm sure she keeps a journal."

You smirk.

Zaephlyn ponders for a moment before asking you, "What do you think should become of my bangs? I know the back has to go short enough that it doesn't stick out in frivolous curls, like I've been electrocuted."

Noelle gives a low hiss, "If it's funny, you bet I'll keep quiet to see how much better it gets." She comments.

Zaephlyn lightly mutters, "Zaskalos.."

Noelle snorts loudly.

You have emoted: Xenia scratches her head, "Your bangs, umm, I don't know let me drink on it."

You sip from a battered iron cup with traces of "Liquid Steel" and nearly choke on the overwhelmingly strong alcohol content, head buzzing as the kola additives kick in. Beneath it all, a faint iron aftertaste gives the ominous sensation that your gullet has been torn open by the drink's sheer potency.

"Heh heh heh," Zaephlyn chuckles.

Noelle lowers herself some as she begins cutting the curls at the back of Zaephlyn's head, having sprung out once the weight was gone. She takes some care not to hurt the man, cutting close to the scalp, so what is left is too short to curl, and instead, stands straight on end.

You have emoted: Xenia continues to sip from her cup, staring silently at Zaephlyn's face, thinking long and hard.

You have emoted: "I'm thinking that you still want something you can play with, yes?" Xenia asks, as she reaches over and lifts a few strands.

Zaephlyn sips from his cup quietly as he feels more of the weight of his hair cut away. He chews on the lip rings on his bottom lip for a moment and nods.

You have emoted: Xenia glances up at Noelle, as Zaephlyn nods, her eyes flashing with concern, "You should really not move too much, she's trying to cut the curls off your head."

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Oops.."

Noelle glances at you, pausing, "No no, let him learn the hard way."

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Hah.."

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "You could design a scar into the back of my head from my nodding."

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "It'll be a new fashion."

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "((can we give him justin bieber bangs?))"

Noelle tells you, "((ahahaha)"

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Put a big Z back there."

Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen says to Zaephlyn Chaltier, "Don't joke, Agent, my hand just might slip three times."

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "If we do this, all the Agent's must have their initial carved though. Mmhm..."

You have emoted: Xenia releases the strands and brings her hand to her hips, pursing her lips as she thinks, "Well, I think that you should leave them longish, let them still swoop into the eyes a bit." Her head tilts as she continues, "And whenever you are wearing a hood, they'll pop out in the front, in the cutest fashion."

Noelle snickers at the word "cutest", nodding in agreement, though her smirk betrays nothing but bad intentions.

You have emoted: Xenia glances down at Zaephlyn, "What do you think, this sound like you?"

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Lol I'm triying to describe Bieber bangs."

Zaephlyn straightens his lips into a thin line as he hears Noelle snicker, "That's not very reassuring.." His eyes move to you, "I think it does sound very nice."

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "Emo boy bangs."

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "I understood what you meant."

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, ":P."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "XD."

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "And thanks for trying to make my char look like the Biebs...... *scowl*."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Can you please say baby, baby, baby, oh at some point after the hair cut."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Just work it in somewhere."

Noelle steps around, the back of Zaephlyn's head with some failures, strands longer than others, and slips of hand resulting in the scalp coming into view, though they're not so noticeable unless one comes too close to the man's back. "That gonna be it?"

Zaephlyn reaches up running his hands through his hair giving a grin, "Oh baby, baby, baby.. I'm gonna be so fine..." He teases, seeing what kind of reaction he can get from the Director.
H:4661 M:2393 [db eb]

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "ROFL."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Lololol."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Rofl."

Noelle tells you, "((OH MY GOD))"

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "OMFG."

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "((did he just quote ... Bieber?))"

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "PLEASE TELL HER OOCLY rofl."

Noelle tells you, "((HE DID))"

(Spirean Hunters): Zaephlyn says, "I know ya'll talk oocly rofl."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "I am."

You tell Director Noelle, Duchess of D'baen, "((LOL we're laughing about it in the clan.))"

Zaephlyn grins lightly, "Well... thank you.."

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "I am ready."

Noelle grows a tad more serious as the dirk nears Zaephlyn's face, shortening the bangs considerably, keeping the original style, across the man's face. By the end, the shortest bang rests at the eyebrow, and the longest, if pulled down, at the cheek. She reaches to brush the bangs to one side once that is done, "That should do it."

You have emoted: Xenia shifts her weight to her left foot, pondering the haircut, "I think something is missing here, some sort of accessory."

Noelle steps back, frowning, ".. Yeah?" She asks, glancing back at you.

Zaephlyn closes his eyes, in complete trust of Noelle as she gets near his face with the dirk. He nods lightly as his Director finishes cropping close to his face and opens his eyes. He reaches back shaking the hood of his cloak of any hairs that may be clinging and pulls it up over his head. He peeks out at you 
with his big white and purple eyes, "Cutest like this, Ser Xenia?"

You have emoted: Xenia's hands reach out, swatting the bangs out of Zaephlyn's eyes, "Yes, I think that hood and those bangs really give you the new look you've been going for."

You have emoted: Xenia glances up at Noelle, "What do you think?"

Noelle glances over Zaephlyn, and shrugs, "Cute." She concludes, securing her dirk.

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Thank you ladies."

You have emoted: Xenia inclines her head, "Yes, I think our work here is done." 

SetneLauraeHavenMoireanLiancaZaephlyn

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You lost me at Justin Beiber.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AngweXenia
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    XeniaLin
  • TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
    Oh lord Xenia. Why. And he looked so wild with his mane.
    Zaephlyn
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Haha, awesome. Fun read. Poor Z. :P

Your signature is...oh man.
    ZaephlynIllinian