Favorite pk class and why?

edited December 2012 in Sparring Grounds
What I want here is your favorite class to pk with and why you choose this class?

I am going to have to go with Lycanthrope for the group aspect, not multiclass group but a pack of Lycans.
Two decent Lycanthrope can go in and wreck a team easily with quartering, as well as, howling the right things synchronized can have them tick at 6 second intervals rather than 12 increasing the efficiency of them.

imageimageimage

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    GROINRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
    AkimotoAarbrok
  • It really depends. Years ago i wouldn't believe you if you said there were any other classes besides cabby. Today though.. Not so much. Bloodborn was awesome, just not me. I never really got into vamp classes and pk. Syssin teams i think are nastier than lycans, if the team is right. Im starting to like indo over how i felt about cabby years ago as 1vs1 though. Carni and templar seem interesting as well, might have to check it out
    Akimoto
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Monk 4 lyfe.

It's not the best class, but it has awesome group utility, and trying to fake people out with Kai Strike and blackout is just too much fun.
    Akimoto
  • Infernal.
    HavenAtorMastemaDemarcus
  • ExodusExodus New Zealand
    Shadowsnake/Syssin. 307 game years and counting.

Specifically, the only reason you're unable to kill someone is your own lack of ability.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Used to be Sentinel because of the versatility of the kit.

Now it would be Lycanthrope for the same reason. Lycanthropes can generally be an absolute nightmare to most classes because one broken arm spells the end of your offense and it's possible for them to keep someone mangle locked to go for Devour.
  • I really miss the Snakes, and it's basically cause of what Exo said. You always felt entirely in control of the situation if you were good enough.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Monk. Definitely monk.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm with Borscin on this one. Infernal all the way.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    BorscinDemarcus
  • godzap, cause it beats  all dem little skillz.

HavenArbre
  • ExodusExodus New Zealand
    Winger said:
    I really miss the Snakes, and it's basically cause of what Exo said. You always felt entirely in control of the situation if you were good enough.
    Of course, people don't really 1v1 anymore like we use to.
    Daskalos
    Exodus said:
    Winger said:
    I really miss the Snakes, and it's basically cause of what Exo said. You always felt entirely in control of the situation if you were good enough.
    They really, really should start doing so again. 1v1 is so much more satisfying than group combat in my opinion. While I respect the strategy involved with group combat, it really doesn't do much for me.
    havenbanner2
    Daskalos
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    The lack of true 1v1 is a large part of the reason I am barely interested in PK anymore.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

There really isn't anything to be done sadly. It's largely the culture of our game. Personal conflicts are at an all time low and I don't believe they'll ever make a come back as a popular theme in Aetolia again.
    havenbanner2
  • edited December 2012

It was Syssin once upon a time, but team combat wrecked it for me as did a few other class changes I struggled to adapt too. Currently I like Carnifex even with its quirky little bugs.

Also got to agree Infernal was great, even at level 70-80 I was capable of some speed knight pawnage on people.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Borscin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Luminary... so many options... finishing is a bit of a pain if absolve doesn't work, but overall... fun class.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Amara
  • Sentinel 100%....versatility and a great toolbox...
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You're a great toolbox.
    AmaraMalak
  • Bloodborn. It's annoying in many ways, and yet there's something strangely satisfying in it.

Xarian
  • good good I like the variety with the feedback, now let's change up the question a bit. What is your favorite combination of classes in a team situation... now I hope I do not get the lolbbt answers, come up with something else... maybe it is sentinel/templar for spinecut strategy....

Mine would have to be dual lycans just because of the way the skills mesh in team situations....
    imageimageimage
  • Lycan as well for group, running around as a pack with Arb, Xav, Elly and just ripping each target to shreds was fun. And made it feel very rp pk. Plus someone always ended up with a limb in their inventory.

• In the good ole days, kaivivi was great. Today? Just about every class can team well with just about any class depending on coordination. Team luna finally started working together and have constructed a nice carni/teradrim impaler team with snipers which is interesting. Would be a lot better if they didnt save everyone they are about to kill by going off key with a petrify/ abduction. Lycans are great team combat, 2-3 monks hurt like hell. Problem though is, i dont know if other guilds are like this ore not.... But 7 indorani online, im the only one or perhaps 2 of us are indo class. If monk/ lycan is similar its hard to come across 2-3 good monk/lycan fighters online, classed at the same time
  • just as an example for Dexter

The following members of the Atabahi are in the realm:
    Member         Rank                          Position       Class
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aarbrok        the Doyen                     Guildmaster    Lycanthrope
    Eyolf          a Rout Guardian               Secretary      Lycanthrope
    Xemnas         a Feral Prowler               Secretary      Lycanthrope
    Akimoto        a Bone Gnawer                 Novice Aide    Lycanthrope
    Gabriele       a Progeny of the Rout                        Lycanthrope

most if not all of the guild is in the class the majority of the time
    imageimageimage

• Akimoto said:
    just as an example for Dexter

The following members of the Atabahi are in the realm:
    Member         Rank                          Position       Class
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aarbrok        the Doyen                     Guildmaster    Lycanthrope
    Eyolf          a Rout Guardian               Secretary      Lycanthrope
    Xemnas         a Feral Prowler               Secretary      Lycanthrope
    Akimoto        a Bone Gnawer                 Novice Aide    Lycanthrope
    Gabriele       a Progeny of the Rout                        Lycanthrope

most if not all of the guild is in the class the majority of the time
    Not me!

To answer your question: 2-person tag team, any combination of Indorani/Lycanthrope/Carnifex.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • Druidlife all day erryday. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Azrael
  • edited December 2012
    Luminary, and Atabahi. 
    Both are just so powerful
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Damonicus said:
    Lycan as well for group, running around as a pack with Arb, Xav, Elly and just ripping each target to shreds was fun.
    That WAS a lot of fun.
  • Exodus said:
    Winger said:
    Yes, like the good ol' days where two Syssin would be stuck in a spar for an hour.
    Admittedly, Syssin vs Syssin combat was an outlier, but boy was it exceedingly long most the time.

And yeah, I've noticed a larger focus on team combat lately, and I haven't even been involved yet. Oh well.
  • Im actually attempting to decide on a class right now. I love to PK but also love flavor in my classes. Im currently considering Syssin and looking at Sciomancers. My only issue with a mage class is their dependence on Crystalism and without that they generally just have straight out damage

• edited January 2013
    Bloodborn/praenomen were my favorite. I still feel sort of naked with mentis :-/

@Calipso: Sciomancer is certainly not a -bad- class. Both of the mage classes are sort of in the same boat, with Sciomancer having a little edge over Ascendril. But there're revamps coming that will likely change how both of the classes work for the better.