Moving back to Aetolia

Hi!

I'm pondering moving back to Aetolia from Lusternia. Very few of you remember or know me, and I wasn't very famous to begin with. I played in the Teradrim when their skills first got changed, and dabbled in combat as well as playing around with designing here and there. I've had a few other random characters (a luminary and a sciomancer) that have some credits invested in them, but nothing major. Quite frankly, I don't remember much about the game besides the basics.

How active are these three guilds? I'm leaning more towards Aarde, as he's trans terramancy and has two tradeskills (luthier and ventier), Are the teradrim very active?

Tyrai

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    We actually have a stable economy here, that alone should be enough :D.
    AardeDhraenTza
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Teradrim are a quiet guild but we are gaining members more and more and will get better.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • I very recently moved back here from Lusternia myself and can most definitely say things are much better here and -far- more fun.
  • Ezalor said:
    We actually have a stable economy here, that alone should be enough :D.
    AND we have an affordable credit market - affordable for everyone including newblets. :D

@Aarde: I think this thread might be useful (if you haven't seen it yet): http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/498/a-field-guide-to-aetolia-hints-tips-and-syntax/p1
  • Dhraen said:
    I very recently moved back here from Lusternia myself and can most definitely say things are much better here and -far- more fun.
    Why is it far more fun? Honest question - I haven't played much Aetolia at all. Do you guys have certain systems or something here that you enjoy more?
  • edited June 2013
    I've noticed a large amount of long-time Lusternia players coming to Aetolia recently.

For me, it's not so much that Lusternia is getting boring, it's that it's becoming predictable. I haven't seen very much in the way of conflict since I've been back, but Lusternia conflict has a way of snowballing; an organization on top tends to stay on top for a while. The lesser-performing orgs lose players to apathy, and it keeps going until some little spark, something small triggers a reversal.

(As an aside, I decided to just start completely over with a character in the Shamans)

Tyrai
    SolariaArbre
  • That's kind of where I'm at... Lusternia is entirely focused on large group PvP, with pretty much no small scale skirmishes or 1v1 stuff. The downside to that is that there is rarely a reason to have large scale fights. The only two real sources of conflict are village revolts and aetherflares, which happen semi-randomly. I've been playing again over there for a few weeks and neither of these things has happened at a time when I was online. 

I'm just wondering what Aetolia has to offer, I may make another thread. :)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Aetolia has the lesser system, which is a mechanics for team PK, every 3ish hours. Extracting a lesser makes a small zone around it an open PK zone until the lesser is extracted - uninterrupted, it's about 15 minutes, but control can shift back and forth and fights can last for longer.

We also have the hunting grounds, a place you can enter to get temporary artifacts which make you open PK while you hold them. Being in the hunting grounds makes you open PK, only 1 person from each city can be in there at a time, and everyone else has to be dead before you can leave.

We have holy wars, which are a lot of PK in a burst for a RL day or 3, but these are less common.

We also have the Sect of Blades, which is an opt-in system for 1v1 PK. You're open PK to all sect members once you join that.

We also have a bounty system, where people who break laws against cities (such as hunting in a village a city protects, or raiding a city) can get bounties put on their head, making them open PK until it's claimed. You can get a decent amount of duels through bounties.

We also don't have Avenger and rely on common sense and a more relaxed PK rule system - don't grief, RP it out, etc. There is an issue system, but PK rules and reactions tend to be a LOT more reasonable here, instead of mechanics guiding it. 
    ValabraxAarde
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Aarde said:
    I've noticed a large amount of long-time Lusternia players coming to Aetolia recently. For me, it's not so much that Lusternia is getting boring, it's that it's becoming predictable. I haven't seen very much in the way of conflict since I've been back, but Lusternia conflict has a way of snowballing; an organization on top tends to stay on top for a while. The lesser-performing orgs lose players to apathy, and it keeps going until some little spark, something small triggers a reversal. (As an aside, I decided to just start completely over with a character in the Shamans)
    To be fair, Aetolia works rather the same way. You have so many organizations and only so many players to fill them in, so we're very much subjected to "flavor of the month" syndrome. See: numerous players from Spinesreach leaving to move to Duiran, for instance.
    Atrapoema