MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited May 2013 in OOC Chat
New forum, new RAGE thread! Let's not be asshats and try to keep this one from getting locked, mmk?

Q: What makes you RAGE, Lin?
A: I have nothing to mix with my rum!

Comments

• AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Mix? Tch. DRINK THAT RUM, BOY! DRINK IT!
  • Madden's maddening?

Xavin said:
    And everything Kog says ... is true.
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Kog said:
    Madden's maddening?
    ABSOLUTELY
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I initially avoided this topic because I thought it was about a new Madden football game.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    LiancaHaydynErzsebetAlastairEmelleSirina
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Does that make you mad?
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    So did I.

And that makes me mad!

I rage that I have all of these ideas and projects and keep getting distracted jumping between them, and I can't find my notebook that I write things down in to precisely avoid this problem.

I would blame Percy but then he's just so tripodily adorable that I can't do it.
  • These new forums make me mad. I got so used to the old layout that it's hard for me to read them :(

ArbreMariena
  • I'm mad that they're taking away Rockharvest/Crush. Still. 
    But I guess it doesn't take much to bash to Azuzu or Ibreath or Yellol and a level or two afterwards to get the Haven Points to buy them. Still, I have neither the attention span nor the OH, LOOK A SQUIRREL
  • Not liking how Aetolia's color scheme on the forum is clashing with this comment box here. Oh, not liking how less tanky my character after switching from Teradrim to Bloodborn. Flail was hax.
    Mad thread has to be OOC rages, Yuuki - last one got shut down due to many many flamewars.

Your signature is -mildly- better. Did you ever think your ADD would be less problematic if you didn't have HOLY CRAP GIFS everywhere?
    Lin
    I'd say it's worse. It's still two GIFs, and now it takes up extra vertical space instead of horizontal.

Speaking of which, are we gonna run by the old rules, or can we get a second shot at griping about Aetolia? Because I have a RAGE: Lin's lute, which I thought was permanent, suddenly has 71 months left. Whyyyy? :(
    If we get another shot, I wonder if we should make it two threads - that way when the Aetolia one inevitably gets shut down, this one won't.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm upset with this thread's title and therefor mad at Lin. 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Win8 won't let me run mudbot and that makes me mad, super mad, so I'm stuck on vista if I'm going to navigate/bash competently. -VISTA-.

Shakefist Microsoft.
  • Contrary to what Haven says about the thread topic, I love it.

It makes me think of Steve Madden shoes which automatically makes me a little happier inside!

I am mad that my cat has claimed the coziest spot in front of the wood pellet stove!
    Feeling like my brain won't run at full capacity. I'm leaving food out, tripping over things, accidentally closing my browser window repeatedly, and emoting like a total tool.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Well, let's play the "How Sunday can get terrible for Justin game"

All relatively minor to the grand one but:

1.) Trying to play LoL after a long hiatus only to have me lose two games despite doing extraordinarily well in my lane, but the other two lanes fail spectacularly and lost both games.

2.) General life stress that I've tried to take in stride and ultimately have succeeded in that regard. Drama is bad. Try to stay positive.

3.) Ravens lose despite the Steelers not having Big Ben. At home. I mean, how? Really?

And the worst of them all? To top off the entire day?

I find out that my great grandmother has just passed away in a phone call only ten minutes ago. I'm so utterly devastated that I have no idea what to say or do, let alone act. Yeah, this sucks.
    I hate what Aetolia has done to the word 'focus.' It was bad enough to see people saying 'There's a foci out there' or 'I found a foci!' But I lose faith in humanity when I start hearing 'Time to hunt for focis' or 'Mog has 3 focis.'

ONE FOCUS. TWO FOCI. RAAAAAAAAGE!!!
    LinAmaraHadoryuLiancaEsperTaygetaSirina
    ARRRRRRGH SFIHSDFOIHGIHFEFOIHRTGIMGONNASETMYSELFONFIRE
    AngweBorscinOrisaeLinZunYuukiLiancaErzsebetSirina
  • Crazy persons who come here with their issues to abuse others.

Then you mix around with the other people and realise the world is more normal.
    I think I saw some Syssins after a foci before too.
    LinOrisaeKiyotanArekaAlexina
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Foci be damned.
    Also, white skinny jeans, who thought this was EVER a good idea.
    SO MAD!
    Innin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Kiyotan said:
    I hate what Aetolia has done to the word 'focus.' It was bad enough to see people saying 'There's a foci out there' or 'I found a foci!' But I lose faith in humanity when I start hearing 'Time to hunt for focis' or 'Mog has 3 focis.'

ONE FOCUS. TWO FOCI. RAAAAAAAAGE!!!
    It doesn't help that the actual game output says 'foci' even if it says you only detect one. I correct people and they go BUT THE GAME SAYS IT but the game is wrong argh

Also people referring to people from Enorian as Enorians. That is like referring to someone from Italy as 'an Italy'. The correct word would be Enorianite! Rant grumble wordnerd etc.

KiyotanLinAmaraLiancaErzsebetEmelle
    edited December 2012
    Enorianite sounds worse than Enorian to me.

Additionally, it has historical precedent:
    • Speakers of the Catalan language are referred to as Catalans.
    • Members of the Dominican Republic are Dominicans.
    • The same goes for the principality of Liechtenstein.
    The traditional convention would probably be to refer to them as the "Enorianese", but that's an ugly word, if you ask me. "Enorai" as an adjectival form would be pretty stylish, but of course it lacks historical precedent in the lore.
    It's supposed to. They're horrible people.
    RaecheArbre
    Bloodlochian/Leech, Spirean, Duirani, Enorianite, at least from what I hear the most. Or Enorite but that makes me think of "I know right?" to which I say NO, YOU ARE WRONG.
    KiyotanRaecheAmara
    I have never heard Duirani, but I like it.  The worst was Moirean's Enorite.
    LinYuuki
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited December 2012
    Considering the fact that 'Duir' is a word in the lore and the way 'Duiran' translates out, the grammatically correct term for someone from Duiran is 'Duiran'. But no one will ever use it that way, except me.

That said, I do like 'Duirani'.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    'ite' for spirit, 'ian' for those other guys.

Everything else is wrong.

/resolute.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    YuukiLiancaNeithan