Request: Luminary Logs

124»

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Ghast is the only reason the class is worth playing, without that aff you go nowhere. As for the rest, clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about, so carry on!
  • Yeah pretty impossible to do anything without the ghast on competent curing.
  • @corlin I'm assuming you have Angel care and anything else that comes from Luminary, but what about in terms of Focus, Tree, Amulet of Cleansing, Renew (Or equivalent)?

• edited June 2013
    I've got access to recovery, and have warmth and renew. I'm tri-trans lumi, and have decent minis too.

You can see that from the couple of logs I posted, though they're not as pretty as haven's.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Evoke Fire Self will cure 1 random affliction. Works off balance I believe but requires you to not be prone. I... rarely touch that skill.

Perform Bliss (useful for right before start of fights) will cure 1 random affliction for like 20 seconds every 4-8 seconds (I'd have to verify the numbers but it's around there I think) and give you certain defenses but costs 6.50 balance to use. So if you're going into a fight against an affliction heavy class (Sentinel in darts, Scimitar Templars, Praenomen with ghast, Syssin with hypnosis going, etc) it's nice to start it then enter fight when balance is back as it'll still be ticking to keep their starting momentum at bay.

Angel Care is passive. Ticks every 8 seconds I believe and cures 1 random affliction.

Angel Empathy is passive. Ticks every....I don't know but this passive only restores health and or mana not afflictions.

I want to say there is one more...but that's it off the top of my head.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    That's it. Perform Hands cured an affliction along with health for a while there, then got removed when Incarnation was removed from Spirituality as a side affect.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited June 2013
    I miss old devotion. I miss old paints. I was able to run around as an almost-legit-healer.
    Daskalos
  • I feel that I've managed to get the afflict-to-absolve route down decently - though I've heard we're getting more afflictions in our pool soon, so that might need more tweaking - and I come before those of you who've the practice to offer tips regarding using luminary in a dexterous statpack, with a limb damage route in mind.

I know Haven talks about it some times, and will be going through some of his logs here in a bit to see if he's been working limbs specifically, but I welcome any new submissions!
  • @haven seema to swear by buckler for crush. As a neutral balance statpack I always went with kite and banded. Kite isfaster than restoration balance by 0.25s and deals enoigh limb damage to break a lim in 3 full combos. I foind rower too slow,and banded good for splitting damage between limbs or dinishing off a limb that hand been preppes by a heaviee shield.

I tended to use smash more as a precision attack take out an already damage limb, or to advance a broken limb to mangled. also using it to deliver impatience and anorexia alongside the break was nice. especially if you sear their tree

apologies for typos. on a new tablet.
    Wise: buckler(3% crushes followed by 30% smashed for 2 round instabreaks)

Dexterous: tower (15% crushes followed by 30% smashed for 2 round instabreaks)

Restoration cures a max of 33% per application.

Anything heavier than a buckler isn't really worth it for Wise statpack due to the significant reduction in speeds.
    havenbanner2
  • edited June 2013
    @haven that's if you're using a buckler to set up Smash. If you're using  crush  to get ahead of pre-restore, or get dual breaks in one round, then I think different shields work better.

Edit: By dual breaks in one round, I mean setting them up over time, and actually breaking in one round by hitting two limbs, not that you can instantly get dual breaks from one attack.
    Edit2: Even if you are using shields to set up Smash, there are considerations like the fact that Banded (or cavalry, I forget which) is 6% which stacks with the 30% from smash, for a total of 36%. That means if you cure that break with resto, there's still 3% remaining on the limb, which is low enough that most people won't pre-restore it, but will break instantly on the next Smash.
    Macian said:
    @haven that's if you're using a buckler to set up Smash. If you're using  crush  to get ahead of pre-restore, or get dual breaks in one round, then I think different shields work better.

Edit: By dual breaks in one round, I mean setting them up over time, and actually breaking in one round by hitting two limbs, not that you can instantly get dual breaks from one attack.
    Edit2: Even if you are using shields to set up Smash, there are considerations like the fact that Banded (or cavalry, I forget which) is 6% which stacks with the 30% from smash, for a total of 36%. That means if you cure that break with resto, there's still 3% remaining on the limb, which is low enough that most people won't pre-restore it, but will break instantly on the next Smash.

Fair enough. I just don't like how narrow the window is when you're Wise. I'd rather stick to aff speed for Wise and limb damage for Dex.
    havenbanner2

Rammus (Bloodborn) vs Haven (Luminary): http://pastehtml.com/view/db6el0c72.html

Halp?

havenbanner2
    Trager
    There's not really a whole lot you can do. Bloodborn affliction rates are through the roof in comparison to other classes and they have better stackability. I'm hoping the rest of the Luminary changes will at least help us compete, but for now, a halfway competent Bloodborn is damned hard to kill. Best I can do a lot of the time is hope they run out of endurance\willpower.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited August 2013
    This topic has gone in so many directions that I don't think this is a derail. Corlin, if you want me to start a new thread, let me know.

I picked up Luminary again because I wanted a versatile class (plus it makes sense for Macian as a Char). I made an odd choice and went dexterous because I found that I was competitive with neutral EQ as a Shaman. Dexterous lets me bring in the limb damage route for Luminary, while still retaining a solid herbal route, which brings me to my point...

Has anyone experimented heavily with limb damage Luminary? When I last tried it, there was no balance bonus for +bal on crush, and overwhelm didn't get a boost to damage due to affs.

My thought was to stack limb damage and breaks, possibly alongside freeze and angel sear, to setup up large damage overwhelms. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with that?

Is overwhelm boosted by 50% at 5+ affs, or is it boosted a little bit for every aff?

I figure it's going to be one of the more survivable classes as Dexterous, with Empathy, breaks to slow down offense, and angel drain available because crush doesn't take eq (whereas strike+chasten eats eq)
    You have to hit all 5 to get the bonus, but each type of limb break counts, so if you, say, have prone + 2 level 2 breaks, that counts as 5. Haven has messed around with the limb damage offense more than anyone, I've played with it but not enough to really talk on the topic. I firmly believe we can outmonk a monk, though.

• edited August 2013
    What's the damage level of a normal overwhelm like with tower vs. buckler etc. these days (without the bonus)? I thought I saw numbers, but I can't find them.

Do you mean that the limb damage levels count as an aff, as well as mending breaks? So attacking until I do 33% damage to both limbs so they break (assuming the don't cure or parry) plus prone from falling is 5 affs?

Edit: Also, I thought overwhelm did unblockable damage, but it appears to be blunt. Did that change?

• I'm still building limb damage tracking messages and attack aliases, but here's where I'm seeing the main routes...

Herbal: Normal Luminary attack route, with a heavier focus on facesmash/slam due to the speed bonuses from dex. Potentially leading to a way to lay on hellsight.

Limb 1: Limb damage until prone and/or badly enough behind that I can freeze twice, allowing overwhelm. Freeze twice adds to the affliction number, and also gives a slight bonus to blunt damage. Useful if the're guarding one leg to prevent prone.

Limb 3: Limb damage until behind and then dual arm break, followed by flare. Resume the breaks to ensure they won't recover arms quickly, then hellsight. Dual broken arms prevents the filling of pipes (I tested)

Pure theorycrafting and testing on myself at this point.

Random ideas on limb breaks: Banded does 6% damage, and a lot of people don't pre-restore at this amount. Smash does 30% which brings the limb total to 36%. Restoration salve heals 33%, so if you use banded, then smash, and they cure, they have 3% remaining on the limb, which leaves them primed for a single-round break from smash.

If using repeated shield crushes, Tower has the fastest limb DPS, but Kite can still break a limb in three hits (12%*3) so if going for simple breaks, it may be an option.

Tower does 15% per hit, meaning that two towers followed by a buckler will break. at level one, that four towers followed by a buckler will completely mangle a limb. 

So it seems like there's something to be said for the lighter shields being used to get the final break on a limb, or to set up an instant break for smash.

Thoughts, comments?
    Toz
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2013
    I am reviving this thread!

Here are two logs, both me versus Carthenian who was at the time a Praenomen specced vampire.

The first is me running an experimental route that would - if it worked, which thus far, it never has - seek to layer ash afflictions if stupid/para ever stuck long enough. I still need to work on this route a lot, and refine how I go about things. The ideal goal is to finally confuse and disrupt them.

This is the second, with me running my more traditional route that has facesmash and transfix and generally just tries to afflict/hinder them until I can absolve.

I notice in both of these logs that I forgot to toggle my rebounding/mass. Oops.

Suggestions, tips, hints, etc?

Edit - Logsty has eaten the bottom of my logs away. I moved them to plain old pastebin.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    The ash route I've never actually pulled off in real combat - though if you incorporated a thrown dagger you might be able to pull off a truelock, but I've only ever done that twice (once against Mazzion, once against I think it was Exzuryx).

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    It's just a thought. I wanted some more options than 'all the affs, hope for absolve.'

Seems like that works best, though.

Here's a log of Ashmer and I - he's a bloodborn, and he kicked my face in. I need to work on both my mentis affliction tracking and my mana prioritizing, but welcome any tips!

Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Daingean said:
    It's just a thought. I wanted some more options than 'all the affs, hope for absolve.'

Seems like that works best, though.

Here's a log of Ashmer and I - he's a bloodborn, and he kicked my face in. I need to work on both my mentis affliction tracking and my mana prioritizing, but welcome any tips!

Yeah, just read through the log (thanks for posting! I love reading logs from the other side!), and you were sipping your health when your mana was way low. Also, if stupidity hadn't eaten shield overwhelm when I proned myself to stupidity instead of gashing you, it probably would have gone very differently.

Also, lulz at my affliction tracker. I've since fixed it. <.<

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• MoxieMoxie USA
    edited February 2019
    I know I might be resurrecting a -very- old topic, but I haven't seen any luminary logs that are recent (2017+) and it would definitely help me to see what luminary 1 vs 1 battles are like now. Does anyone have any they might feel like sharing?

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
  • LUMINARY uses Devotion Peace on you.

Just copy/paste that into notepad until it crashes, and that'll bring you up to speed.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

EmirMoxieRhyotStineSteeleAloli
  • You use Illumination Transfixion on bigbadevilguy/girl/bug. You stare fixedly at bigbadevilguy/girl/bug, and a ball of flame appears between you. Bigbadevilguy/girl/bug becomes absorbed upon the flame, their attention on nothing else. Equilibrium Used: 2.79 seconds

You missed the secret tactic.
    Aloli
  • Mine was 1v1!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

StineMoxieAloli
  • @Toz hates kittens #joiningintheforumrage #amidoingthisright

Devotion
    =======================
    - [2563] Peace equilibrium time increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.5
    - [2563] Peace devotion cost increased to 300, up from 100.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    Aloli