Mudlet System For Sale: Tripwire

edited June 2013 in The Exchange

Tripwire Combat and Curing System

I am currently selling my latest system, Tripwire! This is a system designed for Mudlet. This will require you to use the latest Mudlet version (2.1) and enable GMCP. The system relies heavily upon the afflict view system, and information about how to set your settings to best accommodate this will be shown below. Many of you may have heard of my old system, Earthshaker, or various versions modified from that. This system is a complete rewrite from the ground up utilizing all that I learned when making that system and keeping what worked well. It has a new curing system that allows for much better customization of curing orders.

The system is for sale for 200 credits. The system will be locked down per-character, but you will be able to use this for up to 3 alts as well. This price also includes access to all further updates to the system as well as support for the system should you run into any bugs. I will also consider any feature requests, and can give you pointers on setting up some custom modules should you wish.

Features

• Full GMCP integration
  • Automatically Update Notifications
  • Living and Undead Curing
  • Ability to Ignore Afflictions in Curing
  • Supports All Curing Methods (Tree, Focus, etc)
  • Pipe/Syringe Maintenance
  • Auto Defense Maintenance
  • Pre-Caching
  • Pre-Restoration
  • Auto Parrying
  • Enemy Affliction Tracking
  • Combat Ready System Toggles
  • Command Queue System
  • Localized Custom Settings
  • Mudlet Mapper that uses the Game's XML
  • Scalable and Dynamic User Interface
  • Different UI Color Schemes
  • Word Highlighting system that requires no triggers!

If you would like to purchase this system or if you require any assistance you can reach me ingame @Kaeus, on the forums here or on Skype (kaeus22).

Documentation

Full documentation is available to detail various parts of the system as well as how to install the system once purchased. The documentation is available at the following link:

http://api.pharanyx.com/tripwire/

Thanks To

Major thanks go to the following people for helping with parts of this system:

• martin@pharanyx
    • Providing the distribution server I am using
    • Making this fantastical UI!
    • Some awesome utility functions that I now use frequently
  • Akimoto
    • Helping me bug test
    • Finding improvements in various parts of the system
  • Ezalor
    • Constantly sparring and working with me so that I can improve my curing to the level it is at today.
EzalorAoiveaeMastemaHavenAldricDhraenLiancaLin

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I will try to get said credits and likely buy this, thanks @Kaeus.

Can you briefly touch on this feature:
    Automatically checks the distribution server for the latest version and lets you know if there is an update every 10 minutes!

Can this be toggled, and is it spammy? Or is it an internal thing the system is doing that I can't see? I don't want to break immersion every ten minutes is why I ask.

• It happens every 10 minutes behind the scenes, and only notifies you if there is a new version greater than what you have. It will re-notify every 10 minutes, unless you click to ignore for that version.
  • Okay thank you Kaeus

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    The UI looks awesome. That's one of the only two reasons I'd abandon beloved MUSHclient for Mudlet.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Bought it, still testing, but I am please so far. Especially with support, cause it's awesome. I am still working on my offensive things to go with the curing, so I'll let you know more once that's done.
    <3

• So, I'm not sure if it's crass or crude to ask, but.. aside from the price difference, why should someone buy Tripwire over Citadel?

The pretty UI?
  • It is a full Mudlet system with an awesome UI. As far as curing goes they are both comparable. The advantage you have on Tripwire is that you have full access to the code so you can easily modify or override things if you really want to. 

Lanira is a great system developer, and I've never personally never had Citadel so I can't really comment on how well it is maintained or debugged.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited June 2013
    @Corlin said:
    So, I'm not sure if it's crass or crude to ask, but.. aside from the price difference, why should someone buy Tripwire over Citadel?

The pretty UI?
    Why should someone pay more for what looks to be essentially the same product?

I actually tested Citadel  and it was amazing, then there were auctions and I ran out of credits. I might actually be interested in this if I manage to win some credits in the Great Hunt.

EDIT:
    I realized I have a question. Is this thing compatible with Xon's mudbot/imap thing?
  • That will mostly depend on whether the version of Mudbot here has been properly patched to support GMCP.

Regardless, Kaeus wrote this amazing mapper which does pretty much everything that Mudbot does. Anything it does not have is available within Tripwire or can be easily added.
    Well, if his mapper can search for foci in an area, or search for items/mobs in an area, or path via custom artifacts and special exits, path over ferries, save shrine locations, set room aliases to path to, map areas that Aetolia doesn't have mapped, and all those other neat things, then I won't really care.
  • edited June 2013
    Some of the features you speak of are there, some are not in the mapper at the moment. I have a feature to allow you to store a persistent list of custom exits (and will be looking into doing a crowd sourcing type feature, so that anyone using my mapper shares special exits). Mapping areas aetolia doesn't have mapped can be done, the issue comes when you download a new map and you lose those. I already have locations aliases you can use and easily add to, you can even type 'goto <area>' to go until you reach an area. I also have built in support for utilizing an artifact for pathing (automatically calculates if you should or should not use that artifact to get the shortest path) and could easily add support for multiple artifacts if needed.

I know Dhraen has been bugging me to look at his nifty 'genwalker' which would easily make my foci hunter better, as well as allow for area searching of a mob.

Edit: Just to clarify, the mapper is completely toggleable as well, if you turn it off it instead just shows you the ingame map whenever it is displayed. (config mapview on). So you could easily run mudbot and just ignore the mapper stuff. Just a simple setting in the system to turn it on/off.
  • My name is Akimoto and I support this message.
    imageimageimage
    Dhraen
    @Alexina: I run his system with Mudbot and it works fine.

• Corlin said:
    So, I'm not sure if it's crass or crude to ask, but.. aside from the price difference, why should someone buy Tripwire over Citadel?

The pretty UI?
    Problem with Citadel, is that it is Windows only.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Will your system feature Life and Death?
    AldricSeirEzrax
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    If Citadel destroyed Alexina's huge dumpster truck worth of credits because of its purchase amount and thus, as a result, prevented her from getting everything in the credit auctions, then I'd consider it worth the money because of the Anti-Alexina feature.

Still, Kaeus is an outstanding coder and his work has been used in the past in different systems. I highly recommend his systems.

Seir said:
    If Citadel destroyed Alexina's huge dumpster truck worth of credits because of its purchase amount and thus, as a result, prevented her from getting everything in the credit auctions, then I'd consider it worth the money because of the Anti-Alexina feature.

Still, Kaeus is an outstanding coder and his work has been used in the past in different systems. I highly recommend his systems.
    Actually, it was the other way around. The auctions destroyed my credits, preventing me from getting Citadel.
  • Lin said:
    Will your system feature Life and Death?
    Rofl, I want to find that post now. I remember I posted a funny parody reply.
  • Kaeus has added in new color scheme options, I am working on adding in different schemes for use, I will post pics of some. I will be taking ideas on what you think should be done.
    Blood:

imageimageimage
    MastemaLiancaAzrael
  • edited June 2013
    Midnight:

imageimageimage
  • edited June 2013
    Kaeus made these two, first being my favorite thus far.
    Orange:

Pink:

imageimageimage
    Katszia
    Still prefer the original blue (though green is a favorite color mine).

Also, system updates at a crazy-fast rate as soon as new things are found.

• I've been working on compiling documentation for anyone who purchases my system. It can be found at http://api.pharanyx.com/tripwire/, This should also serve to give people a better idea of what all is in the system. Do note that this is a work in progress, so there is still a lot that I need to add to this documentation.
  • ChelseaChelsea Australia
    edited July 2013

I have a few questions to ask.

• Outside those who put this system together, how many people use it?
    • Is it better or equal to citadel,
    • Is it worth buying, given I have limited funds (no job) and a copy of a system that was based on earthshaker with great features added to it. (except it cures really badly right now?)
    • How is paralysis handled and other pain in the butt afflictions.
    • The engage system does it work for Bloodborn, normal vamps, carnifex and lycan class?
    • Will it select whispers based on what they do or do not have and venoms too?

The reason I mention earthshakers is its bad curing when under pressure can not keep up with vampires, or other affliction classes. I got a system for 100 credits of someone a while back that was based on the earthshaker and was taken for a ride, which was upsetting, as it cured really badly, but had nice features. Having been killed badly by certain classes I am tired of it and being locked up with confusion, paralysis and other simple afflictions. I also can not keep up with templar or the new shamans now either, which is a pain.

• @chelsea

1. I'm using it, at least for now. I have citadel but as it no longer works in crossover/wine and I do not have windows at the moment, I had to look for something else.

2. I don't know how it rates against Citadel as I've only been using it a short time and have not put it through its paces in a decent fight yet. I've done a lot of testing and stuff while building my offensive scripts and have been familiarising myself with Tripwire in the process. I'm about ready to spar for real now, and in the next few days I will post back here with my observations on how they went.

3. From what I can tell, it is worth buying. It is half the price of citadel, and you get all of the code. Kaeus has been updating it very regularly. The GUI is rock solid and from what testing I've done, it has cured well. Touches tree for ages after a few hidden affs though, even once everything has been cured. Might be a problem without a perm tree.

4. How does it handle paralysis? It um, eats bloodroot when the opportunity is there?

5. The engage system is just a way to let you create your own auto-ai-attack-scripts, and easily hook them into his pvp-mode system. It works for any class, but you'll have to make your own. If all you wanted was something really basic, Kaeus would probably help you build it - but check with him on that first.

6. Yes! Very well, too. The example of that is in his website. You create a list of afflictions you want to stick on them, in order of importance. He supplies a function which loops through that table and checks the affs against what affs that target has, and tells you what the first X number of affs are that the target does not have. You can define what number X is (two for a dstab, for example).

If you wait for a few days, I'll post my impressions after some real fights, rather than just testing. I've had a few people attack me for the testing, but I won't be able to give good advice until I've fought for real.

Chelsea
  • Everyone go gank Irruel so I can see if I should buy this to work on instead of homebrewing my own/continuing to slap at Earthshaker ineffectually.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Draiman
  • I believe I am up to about 22 unique users at the moment. I do believe the curing is comparable to Citadel, if not better. I'd certainly be willing to help you set up your offensive framework, what I tend to avoid is giving out full offenses and negating the need for learning the class.

Just to note, this isn't a copy of Earthshaker at all. I ripped out the guts of my old system and reworked pretty much all the essential systems. I basically used triggers from my old system and did all the vital curing functions from scratch. The curing is leagues above what Earthshaker was able to do (god that system cured paralysis so badly).

As far as curing goes, a LOT of your issue with affliction classes is that you need to have a strong offense (with good hindering) to keep their affliction speed lowered. I can guarantee you wont see any system cure well against a Vampire or Bloodborn right now without actively hindering them in some form.

Just to note, the curing right now is in a pretty damn good state, but should be improving. I'm working on adding in a 'dynamic curing' of sorts. Basically I'm going to make my priority for what to cure adapt better to what class you are, what class you are fighting, and what affs you currently have. This wont be something that comes immediately, but I'm hoping to start working it in within the next few weeks. This should also address raising the priority of afflictions that may affect your class more than others (aka Confusion even higher for equilibrium classes)
    MastemaEzalorHavenBenedictoIstoAngwe
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2013

Been playing for a bit over a week again, since being on a good 12 month break due to being a busy dad. I got this system when I return and I highly recommend it. I have had several updates and help rebuilding what I require for getting reinvolved by those who use it.

Plus -->The price is -VERY- fair and well worth every cent.

Good job on the system!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Irruel said:
    @chelsea

1. I'm using it, at least for now. I have citadel but as it no longer works in crossover/wine and I do not have windows at the moment, I had to look for something else.

You can run Mudlet natively in Linux. This is how most Mudlet developers use it.

I can help you do this if you want. What distribution are you running? Ask me in a PM to not go off-topic in this thread.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I still maintain, and always will, that 70USD for a system is exorbitant. That said, it's well worth paying that ridiculous price for this system. The coding is on the level of Svo from Achaea, which I haven't seen since coming to Aet. The system runs smoothly on my old Ubuntu-running laptop, despite having an old motherboard that can only handle 1.2gb of RAM. The curing itself is solid as a rock and @Kaeus himself is a pleasure to work with, extremely accommodating, knowledgeable and helpful.

Two thumbs up.