I_Mapper continued

IMPORTANT GMCP Mudbot Update.
Mudbot 2.43 has a fix that allows all you that use GMCP to get information from char.items and char.skills both having been enabled.

Source code is now located at: https://github.com/Xondk/Mudbot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you already have mudbot and its working fine, to update, you only need to download I_Mapper

If you DONT have mudbot, and need it or having crashes for some reason, you need to download both I_Mapper and mb-core.

Installation: I_Mapper ONLY. 

when logged into aetolia, do, MAP SAVE, MAP CONFIG SAVE, then `unload IMapper.
Then in windows, find the directory/folder where you've have mudbot, extract I_Mapper.dll from the zip file, and overwrite the I_Mapper.dll in your directory/folder with mudbot.
Then simply `load I_Mapper.dll

Installation: Complete. 

Extract Mb-core into the directory/folder you want it to be in, if you have no map, download also notonly.zip and extract it into this directory/folder, then extract I_Mapper into same directory.
Notonly will give you a basic startingpoint to begin your own mapping namely North of Thera.
Now mb-core is already set up to log in to aetolia, if you DO have your own IMap and config.mapper.txt files, then copy and paste them into the mb-core directory/folder before you start mb-core.
Once mb-core is started, you can log into mudbot which will then log you into aetolia via logging into 127.0.0.1 123
As per 25 dec 2007.
IMap and config.mapper.txt have been removed from mb-core and given their own file notonly.zip.
This is the basic beginner map, North of Thera only. This also means for those that already have an IMap that you can safely extract the complete mb-core without worry of overwriting your map.
HavenAzraelXavinOrisaeMastemaSolariaEzalorLaniraTzaLiancaArbreMoirean

Comments

• Update changelog will be uploaded to separate file for those interested
  • as I wrote on old forum, if interested in helping me with the latest version of mudbot and imapper, getting it tested thoroughly before release, send me a forum message. 

If anyone did this on old forum send it again please.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited December 2012
    Mudbot started randomy kicking me off Aetolia by resetting connection. It's super annoying because it does this every few minutes. I tried reinstalling mudbot, rebooting the computer, etc. Nothing is working.

Listening on port 123, bound on localhost.
    Loading file './i_mapper.dll'.
    IMap loaded. (761472 microseconds)
    Entering main loop... All ready.
    Sock.sinaddr:  (Vintervalpen)
    Connecting to: aetolia.com 23.
    Connected.
    mxp: Supported by your Client!
    gmcp: Sent IAC DO GMCP.
    mccp: Sent IAC DO COMPRESS2.
    mccp: Starting decompression.
    process_server: Connection reset by peer.
    Restarting.
    mccp: Forced off.
    Sock.sinaddr:  (Vintervalpen)
    Connecting to: aetolia.com 23.
    Connected.
    mxp: Supported by your Client!
    gmcp: Sent IAC DO GMCP.
    mccp: Sent IAC DO COMPRESS2.
    mccp: Starting decompression.

It does this over and over and over again. Was working perfectly fine earlier today.

EDIT:
    It is a cmud issue. No idea what is doing it.
  • I've messaged you ingame, but it doesn't seem to be a cmud or client related issue but rather that your connection is booted by aetolia, try doing what I suggested via the msg
    edited December 2012
    I just opened the imap file in notepad to edit a few things. Anyway, after saving it and doing 'map load' in game, it seems my artifact wings room settings were gone. Any chance they could be saved even if you edit the imap file?

EDIT:
    Where are the syntaxes listed for setting your artifact wings room anyway? I've looked at 'map help' and 'map config' but it doesn't seem to show.
  • looks like you forgot to save your config file, which is where, the various map config settings are stored.
    I don't think so, because none of my other config settings were changed. Only the wings room/word disappeared, everything else stayed the same.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I have a question about mudbot, this may be an appropriate thread to ask it.

Anytime I used the map, I used to be able to mouse-over the little roomsquares and it would show me the name of the room. If I clicked the square, it would map a path to that room. It no longer does this, and other scripts that used to link to room names no longer function. It has nothing to do with MXP and nothing to do with any of the options in map config. Ideas?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Mastema
  • I often wondered the same thing as I use to be able to do it too.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • the ability to click the rooms and path to them is mxp. if MXP-Map is disabled this won't work, or if mxp is disabled in your clients, what clients do you use respectively? since it works for me in cmud.
    Kiyotan
  • I use mudlet which appears to hate mxp it seems -sigh-
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Yeah, mudlet doesn't really support it. You -can- get clickable things in mudlet but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the mxp enabled for the map.

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited December 2012
    I use CMud. MXP-Map is enabled, and I've toggled MXP/HTML on for the client, but I am still unable to click rooms. 

I take it all back. I disabled and reenabled MXP/HTML for CMud, and now it works. Thanks for the idea, Xon! 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Basically, there's a part of Stormcaller crag that shows as 'in Stormcaller Crags' on farsee/deathsight, and another that shows as 'beneath Stormcaller Crags'. You can't autopath with farsight and stuff to the area that is 'beneath'.
  • Is there a way for the mapper to show what environment the room you are in is by the room and area names?

• hmm beneath should work, will look into it now that I'm back from holiday stuff.

As for environment being shown after room/area names no not currently but I can add it as a toggle ability.
  • that'd be an awesome thing, Xon!

• edited January 2013
    Is there a way to map path using the aetolian vnum? Didn't see a command for it.

Op, found it.
  • Unsure if this is meant for here but since it's talking about the Imapper.. Does anyone know this issue -

Unable to write to the client! Buffering until we can.
    Everything sent, freeing the memory buffer.

I've been getting it for the past week, from the download mudbot, my older version of mudbot AND the one Ezrax kindly sent me, It's hmm lagging me like hell ingame and any combat 1v1 or higher and I cant move or anything..

any clues how to fix this?

• generally you get that error, when mudbot is trying to pass things to the client too fast for the client to keep up. Depending on which client you use, you may want to look into how heavy your system is, cmud has a function: ctrl + q
    that gives you an idea of how heavy your system is, how long it takes to process input.

In generally it means something on your computer is slowing your entire computer down though..

• There is a room, the courtyard of the wolf and swan, that the mapper just refuses to recognize. I've tried several things to get it to pick up, but it's not working. Any ideas, Xon?

• That room doesn't have a period at the end of the room name.
  • Waugh. That'll probably do it, yeah.

• AxaiAxai Slummin in Djeir
    anyone know if you can get mudbot for Ubuntu?
  • Axai said:
    anyone know if you can get mudbot for Ubuntu?
    @Xavin was saying someone had a Linux built mudbot awhile back but I haven't had any luck in tracking it down. If I do, I'll certainly post here, and I hope you'll do the same :)

Mastema
  • AxaiAxai Slummin in Djeir
    I found explainations on compiling it from the source code here http://dev.aetolia.com/node/19934 but I don't understand it. Maybe you would have better luck
  • Will give it a try, thanks for the link.
  • I just compiled it for Ubuntu with the gcc command in the INSTALL file in the source code Xon linked. Just make sure you have zlib (zlib1g-dev) installed. You also need an IMAP file in the bot folder, or it just constantly crashes when starting. -.-
    Amara
  • This worked beautifully for me. I had to install a couple of packages, notably:

libgtk-3-dev and gtk+3.0

And then voila, Imap is back, yay!

Thanks @Njiran, and @Xon of course. @Axai, if you want me to walk you through doing this from source, drop me a PM and we'll get together. It's so worth the trouble.

• @Amara: Glad that it worked! :) It might be worth writing a short How-To and asking Xon to attach it to the post, in case there's anyone else needing to compile from source.
    Mastema