Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, I have a fairly long list. Also, it means you don't have to set a new policy every time you pick up someone else!
  • Touche'
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Add more stuff to 'audit'. I would like to know things like exact critical chance and experience gain (I haven't really found a reliable way of finding out exact numbers for these).
    Moirean
    GMSG and CMSG for guild and city leadership. Lets you send a message to all active members of the org. And before you say script it - I tried! Mass messaging is limited to only 10 people. :(
    LinAldricDaskalos
  • HELP EMOTES actually has no mention of how to do give/drop/etc emotes. It used to be that you could just: 

give item to player emote lightly tosses $item to $target.

Now there's something to do with brackets or something, and I can't quite find where the syntax is mentioned.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    It's there at the very end.

When giving an item:
    - $target: the person or npc you are giving the item to. If it is a
    player, you can use $target_his etc and it will automatically replace it
    as appropriate.

i.e GIVE CROSSBOW TO NELRON [hands $target $item solemnly.]

1P: You have emoted: Slyphe hands Nelron a wooden crossbow solemnly.
    2P: Slyphe hands you a wooden crossbow solemnly.
    3P: Slyphe hands Nelron a wooden crossbow solemnly.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    /me would like to point out that unlike the old syntax, these kinds of emotes (almost) ALWAYS WORK.
    EmelleArbrePeriluna
  • ..Artifice, that totally wasn't there earlier :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited May 2013
    EMPTY BUCKET ON <person> should extinguish fumology items, provided said bucket is full of something that normally puts fires out..
    AlistaireAtrapoemaMastemaTeaniLinArbreSaritaPeriluna
    At this time, there exists no reason to allow any Ministries but Ambassador and Trade to withdraw money.

ARTIFICE!

Let us citywithdraw from Culture. This seems an unnecessary hindrance for culture peoples and makes giving them an easy budget for contests and events a headache in shifting funds.
    OrisaePeriluna
  • Development, toooo. I always hated the run around to get new keys made for city-run apartments. :(
    MoireanLinArbreAarbrokPerilunaCiarelle
    Any chance we can get shop taxes given some flexibility? This would make chancellor a more proactive ministry and let cities promote their economy as a way to increase income.

- CITY SHOP TAX FLAT # - shops pay a flat % of their value each year (or a flat number, since setting a price and then adjusting that to % seems overly complicated).

- CITY SHOP TAX INCOME # - shops pay their taxes through a % of each purchase. The tricky part with this would be that a ton of stuff only costs 1 gold (slices, herbs) and you'd lose income via herbalists, so we'd either just need to give them a free pass for herb sales or have some kind of coded shop tracking done where every 100 gold the shop brings in add # gold to be paid to the running tax total.

- CITY SHOP TAX SPLIT # # - splits between a flat rate (eg 2500 gold) and a % of sales. This would let the more proactive ministers find the best numbers to charge taxes at to allow for slow sales years while still ensuring cities get profit.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Citys already get a portion of sales as a no-tax-to-the-owner tax via the Commerce tree.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited June 2013
    Orly? That's nifty - any way to track that? It show up in revlog? I haven't seen anything in revlog that jumped out making me think "Oh, I wonder what that is" but I haven't really been looking for it either.
  • edited June 2013

Daskalos said:
    Citys already get a portion of sales as a no-tax-to-the-owner tax via the Commerce tree.
    I'm pretty sure that power got replaced by a shop inventory expansion. To my knowledge, it was never imlemented before it was replaced.

e: As far as Moi's idea goes, it would be rather nifty.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aetolia needs more gold sinks and things to spend coin on. Something to combat gold interest in bank accounts because I look at these auctions and weep.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    EmelleLuthienLiancaMephistolesTza

But Haven, you've already mastered the games best goldsink...

17.2 GAMBLING

The formalized forms of gambling in Aetolia are lotteries, blackjack and
    roulette. See HELP BLACKJACK, HELP ROULETTE, and HELP LOTTERIES. You can also
    flip coins (FLIPCOIN) or roll a pair of dice (assuming you have one)
    (ROLLDICE) to assist you in any other gambling games that you wish to play
    with your friends.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Arbre
  • A forged weapon or artifact that's throwable, envenomable, and uses equilibrium instead of balance. Maybe a shuriken or a lightning bolt, just you know putting it out there. Tired of these 2.2 balance daggers. Much rather a 2.2 equilibrium one. 
    Uh, no. Physical Weapons are balance, magic attacks are eq. I already think it's borderline bad that you can throw weapons now with returning to bypass rebounding in the same room.

Xavin
  • Not to mention that returning is a knock to eq anyway, so unless you're tossing throw-away daggers, you're looking at a knock to both.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    ...we can actually do that? Wasn't that deemed overpowered for Praenomen in the first place (and hence the eq knock if you use returning)?

• edited June 2013
    as DEX

You cock back your arm and throw a deceptively harrowing rapier at yourself.
    Health Lost: 150, cutting.
    Balance Used: 1.94 seconds
    The rapier swiftly returns to your hand.
    Equilibrium Used: 1.13 seconds

so as wise, the EQ time will be lower.. and the balance time might be a little more.. so you dont notice a big difference... the EQ time on returning isn't THAT Impressive but its enough to stop Vamps from using it with double whispers...

• edited June 2013
    Sorry I'm autistic so it's a bit hard to say an idea. I just want the balance usage of throwing to be reversed, not even balance to be lowered. Just reversed. As wise with a crown, I'd be ok throwing a venom at 2.2/2.3 IE the current throwing balance time on a dagger, except for it to be equilibrium. In order to balance this 1 ish second of balance would be required. Normally think it's kinda implied given by exact numbers, but of course it's not easily interpreted that the number I'm giving are hard values, not soft ones. Then that returning would be flipped is of course a lot harder to understand, because for me it's implied that I want both switched. 
    Daskalos
    So you want a completely superficial change just because you don't like it being balance? That seems like... a terrible waste of time.

• Xiuhcoatl said:
    Sorry I'm autistic so it's a bit hard to say an idea. I just want the balance usage of throwing to be reversed, not even balance to be lowered. Just reversed. As wise with a crown, I'd be ok throwing a venom at 2.2/2.3 IE the current throwing balance time on a dagger, except for it to be equilibrium. In order to balance this 1 ish second of balance would be required. Normally think it's kinda implied given by exact numbers, but of course it's not easily interpreted that the number I'm giving are hard values, not soft ones. Then that returning would be flipped is of course a lot harder to understand, because for me it's implied that I want both switched. 
    BUT You know how silly that sounds.. IF Aetolia did a EQ weapon you wouldn't be able to throw it since Throwing now takes up both balance and eq time...

• Since teradrim can no longer harvest rocks/crush rocks for inks and its all down to the racial skill.. Can the racial skill change from 2/3 inks per rock to something like 4/5 .. Since inks are needed throughout reanimation plus tattoos...

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Teradrim class skills use them too. Not sure if any other classes do.
  • Luminaries do, for symbols. It's actually kinda expensive, in just gold ink alone, since we need one gold per symbol.
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Could we take a page out of the Dominion's book and not let people gain vote weight by just idling for a few days straight prior to elections? That'd be cool.
    Edric said:
    Since teradrim can no longer harvest rocks/crush rocks for inks and its all down to the racial skill.. Can the racial skill change from 2/3 inks per rock to something like 4/5 .. Since inks are needed throughout reanimation plus tattoos...

Eh, inks already sell for like 2 gold as is. They are really cheap and only worth harvesting for convenience already. Making them yield more per crush will only make their price plummet more.