MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Holy crap guys, stop having terrible times.

I... got caught in the rain on my way home? :(
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited May 2013
    <edit> Removed. Whoops.

• Working when I don't wanna go to work. >:[

THE INJUSTICE!
    Lin
  • edited May 2013
    When my boss tells me I have to work through my vacation. Stabs and I bought the tickets to Tennessee a month ago. I said it wasn't going to happen so she started telling me how much I needed the job which felt like a threat, and I told her to stop being condescending. It escalated pretty quickly and without thinking I told her to go f--- herself and that I was resigning. I'm the fifteenth person in three months to hand in my resignation. I've decided to stick to it - my last day is June 26th. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

ArbreOrisaeAryanne
  • I hope to god you find a better job then the one that you've had, Val. Following through the problems they've given you, you definitely deserve to be working in Nirvana next. Crossing my fingers for you and hope you have a fun vacay
    AarbrokAryannePeriluna
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    So, last weekend my GF broke up with me over something trivial, because reasons. Next day, my friends talk me into driving to the city an hour away to go to a club. I don't like clubs. They're like douchebag collectors, why pay to go somewhere to listen to canned pop music I hate and not dance to it? They also loaned me this awful 'trendy' outfit... ugh. On the way back, while trying to drive and strip this horrible outfit off at the same time, I get pulled over for speeding. Cop decides I'm drunk and gives me my first DUI, yay! I'd gotten too many tickets year before last, and was in danger of getting my license suspended if I got one more. They also took all my money at the cop shop, they're going to 'mail it back' (which means I'll never see it again).

Silver lining: I'm way out of her league and she just has way too many issues (plus a kid, plus no ambition, plus xyz) for us to really be compatible, we can both do better. Getting a DUI forces me to walk everywhere, so I'm getting more cardio than I have in two years since I moved out here from the city. Having such a terrible time made me realize that my friends are kinda dragging me down and encouraged me to seek new friends who actually like stuff I do, who I can have intelligent conversations with. Also, I'm cutting back on the drinking, especially when I'm away from home.

I don't usually talk about my problems here, but I encourage y'all. When life gives you lemons, smash that shit, plant the seeds and grow a fucking orchard.
    EmelleLiancaAarbrokAryanneTeaniPerilunaMeskhenet
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    A unicorn orchard is possibly the best idea ever.
    AngweEmelleLinLiancaAarbrokAldricPerilunaMeskhenet
  • I love how positive your outlook on this is, Angwe.

EmelleArbreLinLiancaAarbrokPeriluna
  • You ever know those people who are just absolute prodigies at music? Like...you hand them an instrument and they can figure out how to play it in 10 minutes, and they're amazingly proficient in it in about an hour? Give them a week and they're writing music for it?

My "baby" cousin is like that. I say "baby" in quotes because he's eighteen and his senior year just ended (he has a learning disability that caused him to fail some classes, so he's doing summer school to graduate). He plays guitar, drums, piano, he writes some -really- great music, and it just kinda comes to him so naturally it makes me disgustingly proud. He was planning on moving to Los Angeles in a few months to pursue a music career, and already had more than one contact out there waiting for him to help him get started in a studio, getting started as a session player before he tries to make it big for himself. Smart plan, trust me.

I say "He -was- planning" because, on Tuesday, he had an accident with a lawnmower and now he's missing the tips of his middle and ring finger. A piano player, a drummer, a GUITAR player...and he'll have limited mobility in his hand. It completely destroyed his plans for L.A., and on -TOP- of that he had to withdraw from summer classes because he can't write or type, so he's not even graduating until he heals. In theory. The kid already had low self-esteem cause of his learning disability, and now this? What the unicorns, universe. C'mon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• @Rivas, I really feel for your cousin. It's terrible when something like that happens and it will probably take some time to move past it. But remind him that his music career doesn't have to end because of the accident. Rick Allen, drummer in Def Leppard, lost his left arm in a car accident and he can still play some really good rock music. Show your cousin this when he is ready. Perhaps it will give him a boost when the time is right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxgt0-o2Ws

Most importanly, be there to support him. This is the time to prove how much thicker blood is than water.

OrisaeRivas
  • The -first- thing I thought, when I heard the news, was about Rick Allen. No joke. I also called him and told him to stop highfiving lawncare equipment, which made him laugh. Inappropriate humor heals all, but it still -really- sucks that his natural talent has now turned into an uphill battle.

Konnorn
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited May 2013
    @Rivas: As a musician, I can't even imagine how devastating it would be to have an accident like this. Be sympathetic for your cousin for as long as he needs it, and then tell him to suck it up. Share some Django Reinhardt with him -- he became an amazingly well-known jazz guitarist with only two mobile fingers on his left hand. It can be done, and if he truly has the skills that you say, he will find a way.
    RivasKonnornValenaeAryanne
  • edited May 2013
    So, I'm having a lot of trouble getting a job out where I live - which was something we worried about when I moved here, as I'm a classic retail grunt, and this is mostly a commuter town. It's near a big city, so all it's really got are the things you need in a town - grocery stores, convenience stores, an auto shop, that sort.

After it became apparent that finding a job was going to take longer than my savings allowed, the plan was for me to move back to the city and in with my old roommate - despite being a quality of life downgrade in a general sense [where I'm at now gives me a bedroom, stability and easy access to my nephew, whom I adore playing the awesome uncle for. Where I'd be moving to is an unfinished basement with a foundation leak.], the city offers much more chances for employment, plus I can maybe get back into school there.

For almost two months, I've been trying to line up people who'll help me move my things back to the city. I can't afford movers, and most of my friends in the city don't drive to be able to get out here. I've got a truck, usually - if my brother in law isn't working. But he can't move all my things himself, the stairs in this place are narrow.

Yesterday, I got a call from my roommate[ to be ]. She's moving in with her boyfriend in September, and he doesn't want to inherit her roommate. Totally understandable, but it throws a massive wrench at my head. Assuming I get my things into the city in the next couple of days, and get a job instantly, I'd have three months to save up money to find roommates, move my things again, pay rent with my current roommate -and- be able to pay with my new one, plus chip away at the debt I've acquired while not working out where I'm at.

At this point, it looks like I might have to leave most of my stuff - not my computer! - sitting unused in my sister's garage, move to the city with a suitcase, and start working.

I just feel so impotent, right now. I was so happy to move, to be closer to my family and stuff. I had over five grand in savings, I figured I had a lot of time to find a job. Now it's the worst decision I ever made.

~X(

Edit - I can't help move my things, either, beyond the lighter things. I've some balance issues after a couple car accidents, and lifting half a dresser down some stairs is beyond my capabilities.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    @Rivas: Maybe it wouldn't be out of the question for him to learn to play lefty flip? I know a few guitarists who play the opposite configuration to their dominant hand intentionally anyway, so they can use their good one for the fingerboard.

I mean, I figure he's already considered/ing things like that, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Emelle
  • edited June 2013
    When I get an email like this from my landlord: 

12:41 AM (8 hours ago)
    Is Colin living with you now?  I have seen someone a few times around your apt. Just yesterday, a male whom i recognized as the person Ive seen walked down sidewalk as I pulled out then turned around and headed for driveway as I turned corner.  I thought that was strange and realized I must have been right.  

I replied: 

9:18 AM (9 minutes ago)
    No, Collin is in TN still. He can't live with me until he sees BHA and he can't afford to come up for a few weeks out. I'm going down to visit him and his family from June 8th until June 14th. I wanted to let you know, though, that a few days ago I saw that someone had gone through my car. I didn't lock it which was silly but when I went to go open the door I realized the window was down, all of the stuff in my glove box was on the floor of the car, and a $10.00 bill I had left in there was gone. I went across the street to get something to drink later that day and I was venting to the owner of Burlington Beverage who said that was strange because a lady a couple doors down told her someone stole her computer from her apartment the day before.

I'm tempted to leave the door unlocked and see if he tries coming in so I can pick my baseball bat and beat the shit out of him. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited June 2013
    Today I stopped what was presumably an attempted break-in. I live in an apartment above of a jewelry store/goldsmith and as I left my room, I found a stranger in my livingroom. He claimed (in very poor English) he was looking for the bathroom, saying that the workers downstairs had told him to go come up here.

I was like "Hell no, they don't even let my mother pass without checking if I'm at home." So I started guiding the rather buffed-up guy back downstairs again, asking what the hell was going on. He kept apologizing, sticking to his story. Once down in the shop I ask the owner what's up and why she'd let the man in. She had no idea how he's slipped by, and as we questioned him further, he suddenly lost the ability to speak English, turning to Italian, getting really agitated. Naturally I don't back down, cause he's not getting away with this until we know if anything is missing. Half-scared he'd punch me, I stopped him from leaving the store, while someone ran up to check the offices. At the mention of police, the man ranted something more in Italian, mixed with poor English, about us being crazy and bathrooms and then stormed off.

Apparently he must have crawled in on all four past the counter and into the back to the stairs, then gone up to my apartment first. Luckily I caught him before he got away with anything from me, and he didn't get a chance to get into the workshop/offices as far as we can tell. It was only after he had left that I started to tremble and realized he could have beaten me senseless without them knowing anything downstairs.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    edited June 2013
    1. Get the ingredients to make breakfast burritos, because they're awesome.
    2. Try to make them today, realize the tortillas had to be thrown out because ants got into the bag.
    3. Go to the store, get replacement tortillas.
    4. Come home, start to make them.
    5. Realize that the eggs are bad. 

SetneAryanneCiarelleLianca
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    This is the perfect opportunity for Gary Busey to take the lead role. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    RivasLinAngwe
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    LinAmara
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate Time Warner Cable..two nights in a row of repeated ups and downs for internet and tv. I haven't played Sims 3 this much in a while. It was okayish when it was once every few nights or so..but this is annoying now.

Atrapoema
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Damnit. We had lasted like nearly 2 pages without him.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I'm in a slump. The last 3 movies I watched that I had really wanted to see turned out to be godawful: Now You See Me, The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, and Warm Bodies. I am ready for Man of Steel to come out so I can redeem myself.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • I think you just cursed Man of Steel to be godawful.

Kiyotan
  • I adore Warm Bodies :(
    Kiyotan
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That's because you like everything.
    Kiyotan
    I really wanna watch Warm Bodies, but then I remember I'll have nightmares for months.
    AldricLianca
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited June 2013

Speaking of nightmares, @Arbre:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Aryanne
    I will ruin you.
    DaskalosAldricAryanneSetne