Mount Killing

2»

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I don't mount kill but coding it out of the game sounds like a bad idea.  I really don't like anything that limits how characters can be rp'd, the only part of it I'm actually against is making an alt to kill all unstabled mounts in  city
    ArbreLuthien
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    My two cents:
    If there's a personal grudge and history between the characters I see no issues at all with killing mounts, even after someone has been killed in a duel. That's part of the game. The same goes for killing a mount as part of a fighting strategy, like @Daskalos mentioned with Calipso. It's how it goes. Sure, it's annoying to have to buy a new one, but it's not grief.

Killing mounts after someone has died at a Leyline fight sounds excessive though, since there's no real reason behind it more than "Oh, look, person's mount got left behind. Let's kill that too." Some classes have more need of a mount when fighting, but if you manage to get them down, no need to go kill the mount just because.

I think that's what annoys most people.

MoireanRivasOrisaeAngweArbreEmelle
  • Daskalos said:
    I killed Calipso's mount while she was riding it so she couldn't leap past my icewalls into Spinesreach. And then I murdered her. Just sayin'
    never  had a mount, you're probably  thinking of Tsvanni.
  • If having mounts killed is such an issue, why dont we just ask that a new ability be made in horsemanship where in if you die while your mount is in the room, it will rush off to the stables. Could be called something like SteedPanic.

Wont stop  people purposely killing your mount, but I really dont think an ability should be introduced for that. That person  is deliberately attempting to kill your mount for either a strategic reason or pay back. However it will save your mount if it remains after a battle just staring your enemies in the face.

I personally have in my time killed mounts of enemies -ONLY- if they were in defendable territory. I thought it logical that if an enemy's steed is in the city limits, that it be removed. If the person was approachable, I would send a friendly ooc message telling them to call it back quick.
    Rivas
  • Daskalos said:
    I killed Calipso's mount while she was riding it so she couldn't leap past my icewalls into Spinesreach. And then I murdered her. Just sayin'
    I killed Xiuh's mount when he kept sending it into a panic to escape his death...

But.. you all know DONKEYS exsist for a reason? 2500 gold is easy to come by... I have a collection of 3/4.. just incase people kill them. (ive had them for nearly a year now..)

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited May 2013
    When the chips are down, Azton's always got his ass.
    SetneAarde
  • Well, someone killing your mount gives you PK reason to kill them.. I dont see an issue either way besides the annoying of finding the stable to buy a new...

Atrapoema
  • To sum up this thread:

Killing mounts makes you a dick.
    Killing mounts is technically OK under certain circumstances.
    Mount killing isn't likely to stop anytime soon.
    CalipsoLuthien
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Mm.

I've had people walk in to my room just to kill my mount and then they quickly leave.

Yeah, I think it has gotten out of hand. :P
    Atrapoema
  • Haven said:
    I never liked mount killing and never will.

But I can see how it could be a valid course of action. To say/infer that the only possible/"good" reason people kill mounts is due to some kind of OOC malice is a bit ridiculous in my opinion even if it may be true in some cases.

Regardless, if someone kills your mount, I'm about 99% positive that you've just earned PK cause on them even if it occurred in the Hunting Grounds or Lesser or something. A solid compromise though would be to add a new skill in Horsemanship that'll auto-stable or bring your mount to you if it drops to or below a certain % of health. It'll help for when you're bashing Three Rock too >_>. This will bring mounts in line with various entities like old Knight Falcons, Warhounds and other creatures.
    This is probably the best idea evar. Course, it doesn't really help if you crit your own horse in Three Rock...
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    If you're walking around with a horse in Three Rock, you're kinda asking for it. That's like running around Lich Gardens with a ghoul or other undead mob and getting mad when someone pops it.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    There ain't no ghouls in the Lich Gardens. You probably mean Mor.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden

Angwe said:
    If you're walking around with a horse in Three Rock, you're kinda asking for it. That's like running around Lich Gardens with a ghoul or other undead mob and getting mad when someone pops it.
    And that right there is why Irea always got a  war ram, because they're not common bashing targets. <.<

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I remember I killed some Bloodborn's ghoul in Lich Gardens 'cause I'd just target 'undead'. Gracie or something like that? Anyway, she got all bent out of shape and started jumping me everywhere, this was back when I first started playing Angwe.
  • Same happened with me hitting someone else's horse in Three rock. I made reparations by just giving them 20k to buy another :P.
    Angwe
  • Daskalos used to leave his pherynke mount in Fengard, so whenever anyone killed it whilst bashing he'd get PK on them.
    AtrapoemaCalipsoIllinianMastema
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Uh... my mount is immortal. And always has been. I left it there because I forgot to send it places (because that's what I bashed to endgame). But for pk? Uh, no.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Atrapoema
  • Suuuuure. ;)
    LinAtrapoemaCalipsoIllinianMastema
  • I come from a MUD that this sort of thing happens more often then not. Whether its to inhibit your opponents ability to properly defend/escape or just because you're from rival cities and that's what we did... It's just something I always have and always will assume is a normal part of the game. There is no real foolproof way to protect it in every situation, but as Arbre and some others mentioned, there are ways to diminish the chances of it happening. When it comes down to it, it's a conflict-based game at most times and simply a part of playing such a game. My two cents, at least.
    AtrapoemaAarde
  • Uh yeah. You aren't going to stop trolling on the internet. Implement the flee/courage feature that's available in Imperian. You set a % of pet's health level, pet returns to stable once it reaches that point. If your mount dies at that point, it is entirely your oversight.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
    AngweIllinian
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Alastair said:
    Uh yeah. You aren't going to stop trolling on the internet. Implement the flee/courage feature that's available in Imperian. You set a % of pet's health level, pet returns to stable once it reaches that point. If your mount dies at that point, it is entirely your oversight.
    Or a oneshot critical hit :D.