MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• I'm frustrated at one of my best friend's situation, and her being hard-headed about it.

Planning a wedding so quickly when your partner doesn't have a job, and you work a part-time office job at a church without a car or license and have never had to worry about financial burdens that go along with having one or with living on your own is just ignorant to me. She worries about it and then I tell her why its not going to work out and that she should postpone and the only reaction is 'We'll see'. 

Yeah, I guess we will. (That I'm unfortunately right..)

AryanneIllikaal
  • Rage at being the only one to speak up about a bad situation, only to be shot down over an over and over again from all kinds of different angles.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    On Mondays and Wednesdays I work two hours and am INSANELY BUSY.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I work five hours and it's DEAD.  Why can't it be the other way around?  Especially when I feel like studying.
  • Dog farts and stapling my finger. What a terrible last hour.

LinAryanne
  • I'm so sorry Ori. I shouldn't have laughed. But I did.

Sorry about your finger.

My rage: My only day off this week where I have absolutely nothing to do and I feel like crap.
    AryanneOrisae
  • I hate colds.
    StathanAngwe
  • The economy and the fact that finding a job with only an associates degree in human services is so meh. Also, I rage at how I have to ask case managers to delegate to the housing authority for me because the workers there take my inquries and concerns with a grain of salt. They interrupt me, they treat me like a lesser person, they're crass and unhelpful. When my case worker comes with me they're completely different - she's allowed to speak without being interrupted, she can make appointments and speak to the workers, (they wouldn't even let me speak to my worker because 'she's busy' but when Janna asked for her she was suddenly available), and they finally made eye contact with me/treated me like an equal. Now the process is repeating and I had to set up another appointment with my case worker. The difference is the residential director, not my case worker, told me that soon I'll be on my own with the housing authority and I know that's false because I'm allowed access to my CM until my 25th birthday. So now I have to meet with cordinator and BHA to get this figured out. Its annoying.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Moirean
  • edited May 2013
    The doctors found an infection in my brother's girlfriend's embryonic sack (4 months pregnant, only just found out due to premature labor last night, if you haven't read my love post). They've taken her off all medication and are just letting nature run its course now. If she falls very ill with fever, they'll have to remove the baby to assure she lives. 

This makes me very sad. The chances of her getting through this and keeping the baby are very, very small. 

But then so were the chances of her getting pregnant again. So maybe that uncanny luck will keep turning. Wishful thinking.

EDIT: Almost 10 hours later, I come home to the news that my nephew (it was a boy) was born prematurely since the medication stopping the mother's contradictions was stopped. He lived for 15 minutes, but my brother got to see him. Its an incredibly sad night. 
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS DIVERSION FROM THE BOOKS. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Hush it, I haven't caught up yet.  Ansnom works early in the morning and can't stay up late enough to watch it.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited May 2013
    [spoiler] It has sex and boobs. [/spoiler]
    SetneAryanneMoireanPeriluna
  • It is tick season here. It feels like every time I go outside, I make a new little 'friend.'

I. Hate. Ticks.
    StathanLiancaAngwe
  • Going in for my first day of a new job feeling super unqualified. I don't even really know what we DO yet. So...here goes nothing?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:
    Going in for my first day of a new job feeling super unqualified. I don't even really know what we DO yet. So...here goes nothing?
    Good luck Toz

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited May 2013
    Sarita said:
    ...so pretty much just like every other episode then.
    Aryanne
  • edited May 2013
    I hope all of you out in the US midwest are staying as safe as you can right now.

It's been reported that a mile wide tornado touched down in Oklahoma City and wiped out several city blocks. If you're looking to keep up to date or just want to listen in, I suggest going to these links:

There's been tornadoes all over the states, so this is just the largest populated one right now that I've linked.

http://www.wmctv.com/category/240217/video-landing-page?clipId=8899079&autostart=true That is a MONSTER of a tornado. The debris field width was 2.5miles.
  • Ugh a day of tornadoes now a day of rain
  • Thanks for posting about that, Haern.

I had a super stressful day yesterday. I live about an hour and a half away from Moore, where they got the worst, but I had tornado warnings all around me in Tulsa all day. I had ten kids here, and it was just so...I have no words. Knowing I had the responsibility of 10 little lives was very sobering.

• Tornadoes up north, now crazy weather and tornado warnings down here in Dallas. Everyone in my eleven-story building has been sent home...except my lab. I really hate my manager sometimes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

KerrynNolaAryanne
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Ezalor said:
    Sarita said:
    ...so pretty much just like every other episode then.
    Pff. I only ever recall ONE episode from this season having (surprisingly) no sex, or boobs. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Tornadic aftermath.
    Who ever thought you would see me again?

"If we have willed it, we will be second to them in nothing." - Giovanni Pico della Mirandola
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    @Mephistoles is using a signature I once used on the forums and it makes me think he's me.
    KiyotanAryanne
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    It makes me think he is you, too.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What *I* think about his signature is how annoying its width is. >_>  I can only see like 1/3 of it without having to scroll. :P
    Aryanne
  • Moirean said:
    What *I* think about his signature is how annoying its width is. >_>  I can only see like 1/3 of it without having to scroll. :P
    Benedicto's and Illidan's make me scroll and scroll on my phone. It's really irritating lol 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited May 2013
    I think there's a setting you can check in your preferences that gags signatures when you're on mobile.
  • There is if I use vanilla forums instead of the main site but the layout is just as, if not more so, irritating. If there is another feature I'm not clued into I'm interested in learning about it. As it stands I haven't found anything else while on iphone. 

• Procrastinating on cleaning and needing to have it done before tomorrow. Wrrrrgh.
    Mastema
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Baby funerals. :( 
    AryanneAarbrok