Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Hurling long, ranty insults back and forth at people is a good way to get this thread closed. You have beef with someone? Whine at them in PMs or whine about them to someone else on other OOC mediums. It shouldn't take a mod to get that through your head. When other players ask you to quit it, you quit it.
    AtrapoemaNolaIllikaalStathan
  • Ban them all! Let Raz sort 'em out.
    ValenaeLuna
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    /me Alright, chill the hell out. Let's find something else to discuss.
  • edited May 2013
    I like FRIGGEN HATE ham IN AETOLIA ARRGH RAAAGH DESTROY IT FFFFFF

edit: edited for compliance to thread.
    Angwe
  • I haaaate that I can't even bash Ayesha decently without a blessing or some other additional form of damage reduction.

Resilent Syssin + lvl 81 = :(:(:(
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    If you hate Ayhesa, then you'll have a ragegasm at Xaanhal. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    StathanRivasCiarelle
  • Illidan said:
    If you hate Ayhesa, then you'll have a ragegasm at Xaanhal. 
    Yeah.. you know, I actually went there once and hit something. Just to see if I could survive ONE hit. Short answer: HELL NO.

I just find the not-at-all-existing tankiness of Syssin quite harsh. If you look at the other end of the spectrum, I was able to more or less breeze through Arbothia as a level 60 something Luminary. Yes, 60. (That's some years ago now, so I don't know how much the class has changed). Syssin can't even handle it at 80 with trans Avoidance. Mutter. Grumble. Raaaaaaage!!!
    Aryanne
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Man, I love being the Cabbie bashing master race over here.

What makes me sad is, I have an old character I want to play, but given how old they are and their backstory, there is no reason that they wouldn't be endgame by now. Which means I gotta roll up my sleeves :(

Lin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It might need some updating, and I know it varies depending on class and such, but the AREAS command lists Ayhesa as a level 90 area, just like Arbothia. Not being able to tank through them at level 80 seems reasonable to me. To be able to tank through them at level 60 seems ridiculous and I'd rather see a change to those skills that made that impossible.

Ciarelle
  • Really wish the Sect of Blades was worth doing. As it is now, with all the bugs, I seem to always have no issue losing points. I rarely (I think maybe once) gain points for a valid sect kill. I'm negative points when I should easily have a good number of points between kills. Also the numerous bounties I've been unable to claim, thus being unable to claim points by that mean since claiming bounties is bugged!
    RivasEzalorXiuhcoatl
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I really miss/rage at that loss of magic and complete and utter immersion that I had for the first...year or so of playing Aetolia. Where everything I did seemed real and I was so absorbed in the game that it actually became a reality for me.
    MoireanArbreAldricValenae
  • It's the same for everyone, I think. After some time you just become too familiar with how things work for the illusion/immersion to hold.

• I understand that sentiment @Alexina - I'm sort of feeling a bit of apathy recently and not sure why. I'm either hunting (aka dying) or idling usually especially lately. So, I suppose my rage is just not really knowing what to do or whats going on lots of the time, nor who to ask. (The Cabal are going through some changes at my char's GR so other than studying/reading up on skills thats a bit confusing for me, too.)
    :-S

I think for some of us, it's a slow process that goes from enjoying the novelty of an unfamiliar and magical game, to wanting to make said game better so that others can enjoy that said novelty.

And of course you get a certain vicarious thrill from new players freaking out over how cool Aetolia can be.
    NolaEdhainMoireanPerilunaHavenAryanneArbreOrisaeEmelle
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I drag anyone over level 21 around power bashing through Xaanhal.  My absolute favorite is taking truenewbs who took like two days to get to 21 and I get them to 55 in about 20-30 minutes.  They think I'm god.
    Eulalie
  • I still go through cycles of being bored stiff and then suddenly everything is MAGICAL AND WONDERFUL! Usually when it's starting to feel not so great, I cut back on the OOC contact with people or take a break.
    ArbreEmelleAryanneLianca
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    I once gave some Ve'kahi person (not a real truenewbie) a chalice and mint and got them from level 13 to 80 in a couple hours.

Then, I regretted wasting mint chocolate on other people.

>.<
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I did that to someone the other month and he quit Spines and moved to Duiran the next day.
    Sarita
  • Orisae said:
    I still go through cycles of being bored stiff and then suddenly everything is MAGICAL AND WONDERFUL! Usually when it's starting to feel not so great, I cut back on the OOC contact with people or take a break.
    If it happens over long periods of time, that's like the baseline for bipolar disorder. Granted, if it happens within a short period of time, within a day it's usually just your body being well your body. So you might want to get evaluated, you know? 
  • I usually just call it winter.
    Lin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Winter is coming.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alexina
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I hear it does that every year.
    AryanneLin
  • [citation needed]
    AryanneLinArbre
  • It helped me to just CLTOFF on the one ooc clan I'm in (nfc why I'm in there anyway). And have it remain off. Things got indefinitely better afterwards.

Generally, I have found it helps me keep immersion and remain interested in the game if I try to stay in-character at all times (webs are pretty much the only exception). Even if I have a borderline ooc question, I try to sugarcoat it enough that I can ask it IC or else just ask on forums.
    LinRhoEmelleAoiveaeArbre
  • Bashing sucked, man. I was killing things for exp which was NOT giving me an immersion stiffy. And Aetolia's bashing altogether is some of THE most boring MUD hack-and-slash. I would have loved to have someone powerbash me up - all I cared about were those sweet skill gainz.
    LinMoireanAoiveaeAryanne
    Look at it this way, if they're finishing up their early 80s, they get to go through the most boring part of bashing! So in a way they're still busting ass for it.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lin said:
    Look at it this way, if they're finishing up their early 80s, they get to go through the most boring part of bashing! So in a way they're still busting ass for it.
    Leveling up to 75ish is ridiculously easy in my opinion. >_> I'd rather have the powerbashing occur afterwards cause 80-endgame is tear worthy. Not at all as bad as it used to be back in the day but damn... I don't think I've personally gone bashing as Haven ever since I hit level 101.25 to pick up gripping and heatsight.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    MastemaTeaniEmelle
This discussion has been closed.