Hello again Summoners!
So as most of you know, there was supposed to be a League of Legends Tournament being hosted last year. It flopped for a number of reasons, mostly due to the participants not wanting to communicate with one another, and or being too nervous to form teams with strangers. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of that this time!
The prize: $300USD to the winning team. Divide it amongst yourselves however you wish. If you are an Aetolian and don't care for dirty American money, your prize can be claimed in the form of $60 worth of Credits purchased from the website by yours truly. Just know that $60 will be subtracted from the total prize pool if your team emerges victorious.
As of right now, this thread will be used for player/team registration! List your summoner name, and your Aetolian name to complete registration. If you have friends on your LoL friends list that wish to partake in the tournament, feel free to list them in your post as well (up to a maximum of three).
If you already have your entire team picked out, feel free to register your entire team for the tournament! Remember, the minimum requirement is having at least two Aetolians on the team.
Here are the rules:
1. Your team must have a minimum of two Aetolians on its roster. The other three may be Aetolians, or they can be teammates that you met outside of Aetolia. Regardless of the means, you will need a 5 man roster for your team.
2. Due to the likely unavoidable schedule conflict, match schedules will have to be played by ear and set at a time that is reasonable for everyone to attend. If both parties agree to a time, all members are expected to show up at the agreed upon time. Should an emergency come up, the situation will be overlooked, and a new date for the match will be set. However, a no call-no show from any team member will be counted as an automatic forefeit against your entire team. This forefeit can be remedied by recruiting one member of ANYONE who has registered, Aetolian or non Aetolian. Once this stand in is recruited, said stand in must be available to do so for the duration of the tournament, and the previous team member will be discharged from their team.
3. Each match will be a custom draft pick, best 2 out of 3 matches. The grand finals will be best 3/5. All matches will be played on Summoner's Rift.
4. During the last Tournament, each teammate's role was locked into place. In this tournament, this won't be the case. Players should feel free to swap between Mid, Top Lane, Jungle, ADC, and Support as they see fit, so long as their team is okay with it.
5. This is a special rule for the Aetolian-only participants. Since there is a minimum of 2 Aetolian participants per team, each Aetolian participant who wins in the grand finals will receive 30 credits a piece, on top of your cash prize. For each additional Aetolian team member you have, you will gain an additional 10 credits upon your win, capping out at 60 credits per person if you have a full 5 man team, on top of the cash prize.
6. Any Aetolians who participate but lose will receive a 10 credit participation prize to any character of their choice!
7. Teams will be formed pending on how many participants decide to compete in the tournament. Players can feel free to grab any registered Aetolian that they want as their teammates, so long as the other Aetolian agrees to play with them.
8. If there are any odd-men left out of the team selection process, you will be assigned to your option of a pre-existing team, or a team formed by any leftover stand ins (if there are enough).
9. Offensive language towards other teams, and or your teammates during game time will result in an automatic disqualification of all parties involved. This may or may not disqualify your entire team, unless they are able to select from the list of stand ins. Lets keep it sportsmanlike!
10. Games will be streamed live by yours truly! If i'm not available to stream them, my friend known as Confide will be more than happy to cover the match with live streaming of his own. League players and non League players alike can feel free to watch Aetolians smash on each other on Summoner's Rift!
I have not set an official date for the Tournament to start as we clearly don't know how many people will be participating, if any. If you could please include in your registration a decent general time period that you think the tournament should be held. For the time being, I thought it could be held sometime across the somewhere, either in June, July, or August. It should give people more than enough time to get their teams together, practice, etc. It's also a fair amount of time for non-League players to try out the game to see if they want to participate! League of Legends is 100% free to play!
There was a list of people who said that they wanted to participate before (on the old forums), but I do not know if they'd still want to. Still, here is a list of the previous participants who felt volunteered!
Illidan aka Bashoomba
Sevix aka PoinTers
Osmond aka Sinistar
Linfini aka Earthcrusher
Kaedin aka Paradoxhigh
Belgarion aka Tadril
Stabbity aka Mastigos
Carson aka SilasMadison
Zion aka Gorthax27
Atrayu aka Missusmarvel
Ishin aka TheWhirlingBlade
Setar aka Obdurant
Levi aka Blackepistle
Tahlnaith aka Harahune
Seir aka ParadoxPancake
Kog aka Bewulf007
All of the above people are generally friendly folks, though some do not come on the forums. You should feel free to contact them via League to see if they'd like to participate. Those that do come on the forums and are reading this still should express their desire to participate in this tournament, and register yourselves.
Let the registration process begin!