Drawings of Aetolia

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Kiyotan
  • edited May 2013
    Konnorn said:
    Seems like the forums doesn't want me to actually publish my Pictures, so I'll just do it like this instead. My April artisinal, the Shadow Keep. Edit: I am trying to learn how to do better backgrounds. It's a struggle.
    Just looking at this pic, the old-style Transylvania Dracula music popped in my head.
  • edited May 2013
    Sharing because of Lin's gushing over Amila, here's a barely touched pixel work that I'm doing of her daughter as part of a trade. I'll fix it up, promise. The anatomy is aaaaallll over the place and I made her too muuuuscley

LinMoireanAngweNolaDevinKiyotan
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited May 2013
    Playing with LOVE 2D, even though I swore I would never touch it again.

I'm trying to create a silly little RPG styled after Arcana for the SNES. A VOID RIFT has opened beneath the CITADEL, pouring forth a horde of MUTANT ABERRATIONS, seemingly controlled by a mysterious organization of HIGH-TECH MAGICIANS who call themselves BLACKBIRDS. CHAIRWOMAN LUNA has tasked the citizens of NEO SPINESREACH to eliminate the threat. Only YOU can stop the BLACKBIRDS! Please excuse the (blatantly stolen) placeholder graphics! I just wanted to get the combat mockup in place.

BenedictoAngweXenia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I like how Ryo is cyborgface. 10/10 A+++ would play
    now get to it

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2013
    Been sketching a little and I'd like some opinions.

[spoiler]
    image[/spoiler]

Honest opinions, please. If you don't want to leave comments here, send me a PM.

Edit: Silly me forgot what it was called, yes constructive criticism, please! Thanks, @Nola

LinEzalorMoirean
  • Do you mean like constructive critique?
    Teani
    Made another one, just to see if I could make a man's face. Picked a character for this one at random, and it's just a sketch, not finished.

[spoiler]
    image[/spoiler]

EzalorEmelleMoireanLinOrisaeKiyotan
    Well, it's a little scarier than I'm used to @Aren being, but I'd say you rendered him faithfully.
    AryanneOrisaeAren
  • Oh god. I died a little inside. Thanks, Lin.

Teani, I absolutely adore your pencil sketches. I think you're really onto something there and, quite honestly, it reminds me of the facial sketches I used to do when I was in High School. I always fondly remembered those attempts before I abandoned them. Keep them up and share them!

Very visually appealing. I look forward to seeing you get better with each picture. :)
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited May 2013
    Teani said:
    Made another one, just to see if I could make a man's face. Picked a character for this one at random, and it's just a sketch, not finished.

[spoiler]
    image[/spoiler]
    Kiyo looks like a badass Father Christmas. Good catch on the mouth scar.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    TeaniVeovis
    edited May 2013
    "Gods, I hate swamp duty."
    [spoiler]image[/spoiler]

"Damn Estok always losing his spear. Ruined my new boots going out looking for it." One of the Torston guards trudges through the swamp, hefting the newly-found spear. "It's all a matter of staying on his good side. If you do well, you get a cosy job indoors. Do something wrong..." The guard lifts his foot out of the sludge, grumbling angrily.

AngweMoireanAryanneSetnePeriluna
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    So pretty!
    Aoiveae
  • Very nice.
    edited May 2013
    Did a stream for my Facebook crowd. Here it is! I'm drawing someone salvaging beneath Stormcaller Crag.

TeaniAryanne
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I watched it and I just sat there and was like, "How does he know how to add in all those really little, pointless looking bits?" Seriously, I don't think words can describe how impressed I am and continue to be by your drawings and stuff. You've got a real gift.
    AarbrokEmelleAldricPeriluna
    Didn't have time to watch the whole thing, but I loved what I saw, @Lin. Wish I was as proficient with digital art. I only have basic Photoshop skills. I'd just like to learn the trick to get the lines immediately "vectorized", if you know what I mean? Maybe that's a feature I don't have. I don't know. Good job though. It looks great!

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    He's working in flash, which is why he's got line smoothing and it comes out as a vector.

Lin
    Eleanor is correct, I'm using Adobe Flash Professional CS6. I do all of my line/color work in that program, export it to a stupidly high resolution, and perform postwork in Photoshop. To be honest, I only use Flash because its default brush has a really good feel to it. If you want to use another vector drawing program that's actually made for it, Illustrator is a great one.
    Teani
    edited June 2013
    So this is my first time using the computer to do color. It was fun and I definitely felt I learned from the process! Pic is Moi in Azudim form, as a tarot card. :)

Edit: changed the link, did that work? :/

Edit 2: And yeah, no bionic arm. I totally forgot about it. >_<

LinPiperNolaSetneAarbrokArbreXeniaKatszia
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2013
    I can't see it, Moirean :(

Don't have a scanner so I took a picture with my phone, sorry. Been playing with prisma colors and drew a face shot of Piper.

Edit- There we go. I uploaded a scanned version along with the little doodle that I did of Piper in overalls with her natural hair color.
    MoireanLinSetne
    edited June 2013
    That's with PENCILS??? Daaang. Impressive!
    She meant Prismacolor markers, actually. They're sexy.
    Piper
    I put markers at first. And then I was like no waaay, that's just too much. Must be pencils, which is still nuts, so I edited it. But dang, markers! How do you get it...not streaky and stuff?

My expertise with markers mainly consists of doodling on our whiteboard table at D&D or getting goofy off the yummy smelly markers and forgetting to actually color anything with them. >_>
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Prismacolors are awesome because they don't bleed out all over the place. You can almost layer with them, too, which is sweeeet! The best prismacolor markers are the illustration liners. When you line art in most pens, they get mucky and streaky but the illustration pens generally don't. If you like drawing by hand and coloring quickly, I'd recommend looking into them some more!

So many colors available, too :)
    MoireanSessizlik