LOVE

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Aetolia's community. People do random things together, be that playing other games, chatting in IRC, chilling in turntable, sharing blogs - I love this and missed this so much when I was gone.  I love how we have this great sense of community - Aetolia really is more than just a game. :)
    HaydynLinAryanneArbreOrisaePerilunaAlycena
  • edited August 2013
    ^That.

And this: 

My hair loves this shit. It's liquid gold in a spray bottle! >_<
    imageimage
    Konnorn
  • edited May 2013
    Seconding on the magical hair products that tame the beasts;
     I legit couldn't do anything with my hair atm without this.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    And if you're curly, I've been having great results with this:

It's a little pricey, but I have yet to find anything better!
  • Rivas said:
    LOVE for:

My e-cig and the Earl Grey blend in particular. I haven't touched a cigarette in 3 weeks, and now I get to smoke tea!!

Bravo! I have had mine for almost a year now! Granted, I don't think I have ever tried a tea flavor! I tend to stick with the fruity ones. Helps curb wanting actual sweets when I can taste it constantly. Been about 3 months since I have had a real cigarette here!
    Rivas
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Only been a few days here. Still trying to learn not to just sit there and puff a whole cartridge away. It's so tasty!
    Rivas
  • edited May 2013
    Warning: There is a penis and moderate use of the f word. 

http://www.mondomedia.com/videos/the-furious-little-cinnamon-bun/ 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• All of the people who have mentioned me in the 'Thank you' thread. Whenever I check the forums and see that I've been added to someone's list, even for the simplest of interactions, it always turns my day around, and I've had a few rough weeks.

tl;dr - <3 Aetolia people.
    AryanneHaydyn
  • Seriously loving how many characters under 50 I keep running into! Whether they are noobs or just new-characters for veterans, it feels so great to have new life and new excitement injected into the game. (Also all the old, familiar faces who have resurfaced lately bringing back history and continuing awesomeness)

Similarly: The number of legit-noobs who are really getting into the game/forums/community! And sticking with it!

EmelleStathanTeaniPerilunaSarkis
  • Random Access Memories.
    Who ever thought you would see me again?

"If we have willed it, we will be second to them in nothing." - Giovanni Pico della Mirandola
    XiuhcoatlHaven
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Oh my god, it's @Luthien.

I guess I LOVE that?
    MephistolesLuthien
  • edited May 2013
    I love that I'm seeing so many oldbies floating around. Stay. No leaving - ever. Join uuuuuuuus

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

AryanneEmelleTetchta
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Got a new 4x space game called Distant Worlds and I've been absolutely hooked for the last few days. It's better than MoO2 if any of you have played the Orion series. Graphics are meh, but it's 2d and incredibly detailed. I am subjugating a race of spider peoplez because THEY'RE JERKS.
    Devin
  • I was watching "Inception" for the millionth time while idling on Aetolia. I checked back on Aetolia and @Emelle had shown up to talk to Ciarelle. Allllll the weird dream things!
    AngweEmelleSeir
  • I saw the Great Gatsby yesterday. And looooved it. I'm a huge fan of the book.

The characters were all exceptionally well represented by their actors/actresses, and Leonardo DiCaprio surprised me with how well he played Jay Gatsby. Some of the things I missed from the book, but I understand they can't include everything. My only real complaint was the music choices. Really disappointed on that front. It should have had 20s music in it since its a movie set in the 20s darnit!

• It's a Baz Luhrmann movie, of COURSE there's gonna be crazy modern music.

He told a story where he went to one of the screenings, and this elderly "regal looking woman" came up to him and said "I just came here today because I wanted to see how you treated my grandfather's book. I think he would have been proud."

Yeah, I gotta see this flick. I should read the book first though, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• edited May 2013
    Why were the critic reviews for it so bad? This was supposed to be Leo finally claiming an Oscar!

@Rivas I'd say generally it's better to watch the movie and then read the book for any on-screen adaptation. That way you get the cool story and stuff quick and then when you do read the book you can explore all the extra details and nuances that didn't make it onto the screen.
    AryanneCalipsoEsper
  • ^ Love the name and pic above me. Liking your post just for that.
  • I really disagree on this case. You should definitely read the book first @Rivas
    Esper
    How did you get through high school without reading The Great Gatsby? That's like on every english teacher's list. O.o
    AryanneEsper
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    My teacher was too busy making us watch/read the Lord of the Flies, How to Kill a Mockingbird (which taught me nothing about how to kill a mockingbird, was very disappoint), Romeo and Juliet (which we then had a play. I was Mercutio and died epicly), Of Mice and Men (nothing about mice in it. Also disappoint)
    AryanneAngweEmelleRivasLianca
  • Don't start with me, I read all of those and more. You want to talk suffering, go read 100 Years of Solitude - in which half the characters have the same name. And there are like 20+ characters. Unbearable Lightness of being was good, and so was The Things They Carried. The Metamorphosis can go die in a fire, though. I also disliked The Crucible.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited May 2013
    See, I had an all Shakespeare syllabus. The joys.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I read Les Miserables before watching the movie.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited May 2013
    I was in the non-musical version of Le Mis! I was a prisoner. And then a butler.

Only black kid who did theater at my high school....

NOTE: The above (while true) is nothing to do with why I happened to be cast as those roles. I'm pretty Mr. Jones didn't get down like that, but it became something of an in-joke among the cast and crew.
  • I spent 4 hours today in a robotics/science lab learning about aspects of engineering, prosthetics and possible uses for them with people such as myself who have spinal or limb issues.  Getting the opportunity to talk to the woman who created a new treatment a few years ago to assist people with brain damage so that they can lead productive and fulfilling lives once more. I have never been so inspired or excited by the sheer genius that is humanity.  Meeting Professors, medical Doctors and being told by one man that I have the capacity to make an impact in the lives of other people if I just focus, ignore my dyslexia (he has it as well and is a leader in his field) and maintain my capacity to think laterally and outside the limitations of dusty old textbooks. I am honestly just totally blown away is all I can say, and I sincerely cannot wait to finish high school and start going to University in a year or so.  I do not even mind the idea of reading over books and sitting in boring lectures if it means getting to hang out in labs with these kinds of people. 8-> I am such a loser and nerd right now.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    AngweAryanneAoiveaeMoireanEmellePeriluna
    Mastema, I feel so lucky to have known you for a few years now - watching you, through Aetolia, get older is really cool. Same goes for other people I've known here for a while, like Aldric. I don't mean this in a creepy voyeuristic way! It's just...really cool to watch people who start this game young turn into adults.

I think that came off as creepy. :/
    Mastema